Lock On- Zanetto | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Lock On- Zanetto

Reaction Score
And it would crush the G5 schools as well. The payday they get for filling in the schedules of the big teams is why they play them. Some teams get well over $1 million to play at these big schools. They also get their brand on the broadcast. Its a win-win for both schools.

FYI - UTEP is getting paid $1.9 million for their 2026 game at the Big House while Western Michigan is getting $3.1 million combined for their 2026 and 2029 games in Ann Arbor. To put that in perspective, Western’s conference, the MAC has a new media deal with ESPN that will allow the conference to pay its members $2-$2.5 million a year. Right now it pays about $800,000 a year. Those Michigan games are a life saver for WMU and would be very difficult to give that up.

How much of that would go away once the G5 banded together? Eventually the B1G and the SEC would have to capitulate.

Yes, right now, all of those schools would loose money, but if they unite, they could wrestle away some of BS controls that the big two are imposing on the little guys.

Yormark would never do this, but it's what needs to happen to bring some sanity back to college football.

Right now the SEC knows that they'll get more of their schools into the playoffs scenario than just about every one else and more revenue as well.

Something's got to give

Reaction Score
Lost a lot of cred trying to break the news on this. For his podcasts sake I hope his rumor is true.
If it dies it dies. There's a million losers chasing sports credibility just like there's a million Howard stern clones

Reaction Score
And the SEC is going to 9 conference game schedule. Leaves three games open for matches with whoever..Big Ten, ACC, B12 and…

Reaction Score
I will take back everything I said about him and give him a +1 view/like/subscribe for all his podcasts if it comes true
Tip of the cap! Zanetto totally redeemed himself!

Reaction Score
Basketball only UConn fans are the worst and should be rounded up and bussed to Providence where they belong.

Oh and Zanetto is bordering on infamy/pariah status. See? I did that with less than 1000 words.
And you used actual words unlike the OP.

Reaction Score
I want to believe! I don't know whether to sheet or wind my watch, but I'll buy both Zanetto and Toll steaks if this pans out.

The only thing I'm worried about is that it leaked from our side first. Every time it leaks from our side and it never happens. It could still be wishful thinking. A lot of the articles are tempering expectations but maybe thats just a distraction

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
The only thing I'm worried about is that it leaked from our side first. Every time it leaks from our side and it never happens. It could still be wishful thinking. A lot of the articles are tempering expectations but maybe thats just a distraction
Could be a couple of the no votes trying to swing things before it becomes official

Reaction Score
Could be a couple of the no votes trying to swing things before it becomes official
Who do we think the nos are? Tech, TCU, Oklahoma State, Kansas State? You'd think Baylor wants WBB, Kansas probably wants us, Cinci, WVU, Colorado, BYU, Utah, Arizona and Arizona St are probably in our favor. Utah probably is a yes vote mostly because they want to leave and it still leaves the conference at 16 so they'll go with the majority to not piss anyone off

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Who do we think the nos are? Tech, TCU, Oklahoma State, Kansas State? You'd think Baylor wants WBB, Kansas probably wants us, Cinci, WVU, Colorado, BYU, Utah, Arizona and Arizona St are probably in our favor. Utah probably is a yes vote mostly because they want to leave and it still leaves the conference at 16 so they'll go with the majority to not piss anyone off
I think it’s Tech, TCU, Oklahoma St and Arizona State. Arizona State prez said something last summer about not wanting to expand east to Connecticut. Don’t quote me but he said something that effect and it was couched with wanting to get used to the new league first

Reaction Score
I think it’s Tech, TCU, Oklahoma St and Arizona State. Arizona State prez said something last summer about not wanting to expand east to Connecticut. Don’t quote me but he said something that effect and it was couched with wanting to get used to the new league first
Well that's the moron that didn't want to leave the dying PAC12 so I guess it would make sense. Arizonas president dragged them kicking and screaming into the Big XII so hopefully they get them in line for this vote too.

Reaction Score
devil's advocate, the football schools would benefit by adding a football program currently in a valley. W's are W's and they need to win the conference more or less, to make the playoffs. Plus the conference is so big they'd only meet every other year. And AZ State would have a hockey rival. :cool:

Reaction Score
Well that's the moron that didn't want to leave the dying PAC12 so I guess it would make sense. Arizonas president dragged them kicking and screaming into the Big XII so hopefully they get them in line for this vote too.

The guy who called Apple TV “Space Age”.

Reaction Score
D'Amelio admitted on twitter on knowing nothing about what is happening but very hopeful.

Reaction Score
Not sure about ASU but will take your word for it. The other 3 was what I was guessing too.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom