Lobster Roll in CT | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Lobster Roll in CT

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Its LobsterFest weekend at Coyote Blue in Middletown. My wife loves the lobster roll! And my lobster enchiladas were divine.

Attachments

• 20180825_191513.jpg
    20180825_191513.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 72

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Lobster landing , Clinton.

I make great ones at home, and I can crush it size wise , but man there is some mojo in a LL roll. I keep going back ( it’s 10 min from home), because I wanna nail it. But I’m not there yet
Had dinner there with Mrs. 8893 on Friday. Our tastes must be “in our mouths” because we thought it was tremendous—as usual.

Reaction Score
Today I took a walk downtown to this seafood place where I know they have lobster, because I saw it through the window once when walking by. I had to have lobster, something I love and had not eaten since leaving Connecticut 15 years ago. I was looking at this thread, and that was it. I said I’m going to have some lobster I don't give a crap what it costs. This place is not a sit down restaurant with service, it’s a walk in place with open counters full of ice like a fish market. You order to go, or they have a counter where you can sit or stand and eat your food. The lobster was cooked earlier and laying in the ice, so it was of course ice cold. I got a lobster that weighed about 400 grams , one so small lobstermen in CT would toss it back in the water if it was in one of their traps. Ice cold, no butter and it cost me the equivilant of about $25. It was as tough as a tire, most likely because it was cold and cooked who knows how long ago. First and last time I do that.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I had a lobster roll on the Cape this week. I forgot the name of the place - not really important because lobster rolls are really easy to make and any idiot who tries can make a good one.

More notably - we went to Captain Linnell House in Orleans for dinner.

My daughter ordered a pasta dish with mussels, lobster and shrimp.

Most places will give you a few pieces of each, but I swear these crazy Linnell devils somehow managed to get an entire lobster’s worth of meat into this dish.

Reaction Score
Had dinner there with Mrs. 8893 on Friday. Our tastes must be “in our mouths” because we thought it was tremendous—as usual.
Not vegan; can't be any good. Probably kill you faster to boot. :rolleyes:

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
found it

There are no Arby's on Cape Cod.

I thought there was one in Orleans, but I'm told that it's actually a Wendy's which is basically the same thing...

Reaction Score
There are no Arby's on Cape Cod.

I thought there was one in Orleans, but I'm told that it's actually a Wendy's which is basically the same thing...
There are only 3 in the whole state. Chicopee, Auburn and Marlborough (in a mall food court). Probably because MA people like to live a little longer.

Reaction Score
Damn!!! Saw that lovely lobster roll you plastered all over the page West and just had to amble my way down to Lobster Landing for a taste of scrumptiousness. Being Monday, i thought i could get in and out in no time...Hell no...I had to park halfway down Commerce St. It was well worth it though as I scarfed 2 of em for a late meal delight.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Damn!!! Saw that lovely lobster roll you plastered all over the page West and just had to amble my way down to Lobster Landing for a taste of scrumptiousness. Being Monday, i thought i could get in and out in no time...Hell no...I had to park halfway down Commerce St. It was well worth it though as I scarfed 2 of em for a late meal delight.
That’s fantastic work, sir.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I ended up getting the Burrito for dinner and it was worth it from my point of view and of course, my wife got steak tacos as she is not a fan of seafood.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
bumping instead of starting a new OT...

So, the Cousin's Maine lobster truck is visiting Pittsburgh this week. 20-minute drive from where I live. Is it worth it?

Pittsburgh not a lobster town, so haven't had lobster in years, or a lobster roll since the late 90s. Amused to see the first-listed item on their menu is "Connecticut Lobster Roll". Anyone tried their chowdah?

Last edited:

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I'm not sure I would enjoy it as much in cold weather.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
bumping instead of starting a new OT...

So, the Cousin's Maine lobster truck is visiting Pittsburgh this week. 20-minute drive from where I live. Is it worth it?

Pittsburgh not a lobster town, so haven't had lobster in years, or a lobster roll since the late 90s. Amused to see the first-listed item on their menu is "Connecticut Lobster Roll". Anyone tried their chowdah?

Notice they use the CT style in their photo.

Smart.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom