Limit XL Center games | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Limit XL Center games

Reaction Score
I
We can all cross our fingers and close our eyes and hope really, really hard but we're just not a Kentucky or UNC or Indiana in regards to a fan base. I've said it ad naseum that CT is a frontrunner state and a terrible supporter of sports teams, generally speaking. We struck gold with Jim Calhoun and the rise of the Big East and the state of the college hoops landscape. And that's all gone now. It's fine. Step back from the ledge. Accept what you have for what it is now. A 19 pt half from Jalen Adams against Stony Brook isn't the resurrection. It's light years away from the 1999 team storming through the Big East tourney or the Dream Season or even Napier's run.

This seems like the biggest reality. We are in a new normal where our team struggles and we have a lot harder time to regenerate the excitement around the program that we once had. We had something incredible with Jim and the big east for many years and unfortunately those days arent coming back. It doesnt matter what Hartford is or isnt, people will come as long as the team is exciting.

Reaction Score
Nope. I just find it interesting that you basically drive in, park, hit an irish pub and think Hartford is a nice city.
I didn't know I thought it was a nice city. Interesting, what else do I like? I don't want to miss anything!

Reaction Score
Tonight's game against BU drew 6,308 in attendance. Time to play these cupcakes at Gampel and get more students to go at least. Play the big games at XL Center. Over the student holiday break play 1 game at Bridgeport and 1 game at Mohegan Sun. Need to be smarter with the location of these games. The days playing majority of home games at the Hartford Civic Center should be over.

Reaction Score
Tonight's game against BU drew 6,308 in attendance. Time to play these cupcakes at Gampel and get more students to go at least.

UConn broke for Thanksgiving break on Friday... not many students on campus.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I heard they installed a Rotery at the corner of New London and Hebron Ave.

That's cool.

That's what the kids like, right?

I love that rotary.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I can’t believe a Sunday night game during NFL season against a generic Patriot League school doesn’t bring the fans out.

I’m sure Gampel would have been packed to the gills for this premium matchup.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Glastonbury doesn’t have as many “party” options as WeHa but there is a new luxury apartment complex opening every couple of months full of 22-25 yr olds that don’t realize how impractical it is to pay $1600 in rent on a $50000 salary. These people need a spot to drink. Plan B, Rooftop, and the Diamond are typically all packed all weekend every weekend. There’s a couple others that pull in crowds too. It’s definitely an up and coming as a cool place for young people to live. Not to mention several options that are really good for every type of food.

Reaction Score
Well at least in Gampel 6,308 looks like a better crowd than in the XL Center. Uconn doesn't pay to play at Gampel either.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom