Lexi transferring | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Lexi transferring

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
wouldn't count on that at this time of the year...somebody (hopefully not me) needs to start doing some research on what good players would be available for graduate transfers next season....
I think it's best if you retract that last comment-we don't want the NCAA infractions committee accusing UCONN of tampering with current players. As huge booster of UCONN Women's basketball, you could get the program in trouble...:rolleyes:

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
2 years

If Lexi starts playing next December then the 2020-2021 season will be her last, right? She's played in 4 games this season so she's used up this year of eligibility unless she applies for a redshirt. Maybe that explains the timing (now vs over holiday break). Maybe she wants to set it up so she plays with her sister (c/o 2020) for more than one season.

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
How many players did UConn have during Stewie's career when Geno had to have a walk-on tryout and both Tierney and Bri Pulido made the team? Let's be honest, we need walk-ons to guarantee a title as I think the last 4 out of 5 NC Champs have had walk-on's on the roster...:cool:

Reaction Score
That's two of four from one class in one year. More room for recruits though. Best of luck, well wishes, and prosperity wherever she lands!

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
If Lexi starts playing next December then the 2019-2020 season will be her last, right? She's played in 4 games this season so she's used up this year of eligibility unless she applies for a redshirt. Maybe that explains the timing (now vs over holiday break). Maybe she wants to play with her sister (c/o 2020) for more than one season.
NO, incorrect. Next December would be then second half of her 2nd year of eligibility. She could play in 20-21

I am editing this to include an add-on to @DeeHusky comments- as I noted in the recruiting thread when analyzing the large recruiting classes of 3,4 and 5 kids, a school will always have kids transfer out and usually more than 1 for classes of 4/5. The only exception has been Stanford and Duke to a lesser extent.

As @Charliebball noted, Batouly will graduate and it's no guarantee that she will come back. I hope so as it seems there would be plenty of playing opportunities for her but she would have to find a graduate program she would want.

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score
I'm a wee bit sad about that, but UConn is just too tough a place to compete in. Best of luck to her! We're recruiting her younger sister if I'm not mistaken, I'm sure Vic will take a look at older sis too.

Reaction Score
Yup....I'm not saying nuthin....other then if BC doesn't return it's only eight.
Good time right now to not speak too loudly. After reading the "hype" a s she was recruited and the comments then about how good it was for Uconn. Then to see her sit for a Year and a bit--really sad, just sad.

Reaction Score
Not all ranked players in HS translate to the next level for some reason. We had a girl come here to Baylor with the Griner class and she was ranked 8th in the nation. Never did much of anything. Had some injury problems, but her Junior and Senior years she was good to go. Just didn't really bring anything to the table. At least not what you'd expect from a #8. Her name was Mariah Chandler. Yeah, this is probably the first time you've heard of her. So Lexi just didn't fit up there. I'll be looking to see if TCU picks her up.

Reaction Score
I am disappointed in UCONN coaches for not getting the most of their bench players. This is not a news flash...Its been going on for a long time.....IMO, it will hurt recruiting...You cannot beat up 6 or 7 players for 5 months and expect them to be healthy by March......

Reaction Score
I spent years helping my kids build confidence in themselves, on and off the court and the playing fields. They were very successful athletes in high school... to the point where they believed they were good enough to play bball, lacrosse and football at ranked division 1 powerhouses. They were darn good and incredibly hard workers, but everything is relative, and they were simply not talented enough to play up at that level (my opinion was supported by coaches I spoke with.)
A lack of size, uber talent or quickness can be compensated for in high school, in large part, by out-working, out-hustling and out-conditioning the other guy/gal. When it came to effort and determination, my kids took a backseat to no one (just like Kyla!) It killed me to tell them to scale down their dreams, be more 'realistic.'

It was really difficult (and personally painful) to convince them, but they eventually understood.
And they chose schools where they were able to succeed in sports and in the classroom.
Coaches make mistakes in evaluating talent; kids make mistakes in choosing schools. It happens.

Lexi is a great kid, and I wish her all the success in the world. I believe if she and her parents evaluate her situation objectively, they'll find a better fit for Lexi than UConn. She deserves nothing less.

Last edited:

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I am disappointed in UCONN coaches for not getting the most of their bench players. This is not a news flash...Its been going on for a long time.....IMO, it will hurt recruiting...You cannot beat up 6 or 7 players for 5 months and expect them to be healthy by March.
"Beating up" 6 or 7 players didn't seem to be an issue before the Stewie class. Now for you it is?

Reaction Score
With her sister graduating HS in 2020, I am interested to see if they end up at the same school. I know Myra said she wanted to create her own legacy, hinting that even if UConn was interested she wouldn’t consider, but maybe her outlook has changed. TCU seems like a plausible option. I know Myra is also considering Arizona State and Mississippi State, but I couldn’t see Miss. State jumping on a second UConn 2017 transfer.

Reaction Score
NO, incorrect. Next December would be then second half of her 2nd year of eligibility. She could play in 20-21

There is not a "second half" to a year of eligibility.
This is it. Year 2 is done unless she gets a redshirt for this year.

Next year (19-20) would be year 3.

Reaction Score
I am disappointed in UCONN coaches for not getting the most of their bench players. This is not a news flash...Its been going on for a long time.....IMO, it will hurt recruiting...You cannot beat up 6 or 7 players for 5 months and expect them to be healthy by March.

@jsloanjr: IF You mean by beating up---playing them hard and too long. If that is the comment, I agree. Uconn has a few from last year whom supposedly recovered from past injuries. The body takes a lot of time to recover--.
Uconn/Geno has had coaches using wrong words to distract potential recruits from Uconn. Way back when it was --UConn isn't for African American Women--but Barbara Turner and 3 dozen others have long dispelled that myth.
The one I worry about is : the a typical age imagined for retirement is 65 and Geno is approaching that. I say A-typical and Imagined because retirement in todays atmosphere is anywhere from 45 to 85, if you are healthy and don't have to rest every hour--you can certainly "wear out before you rust out.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
I'm actually happy for her.....I never liked watching her sitting there cheering on everybody else and always being the last off the bench....

I’m with you on this one, Charlie. These kids are only young once. She stayed the course as long as she could, but it wasn’t working for her, and she did the only reasonable thing she could. Good luck, Lexi.

Reaction Score
I’m honestly not surprised by this. I don’t think this hurts us in any way since she doesn’t play at all. Sure depth will be an issue, it’s been one for years with our program. Hope she finds the next program she attends as a better fit for her. Good luck Lexi!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
There is not a "second half" to a year of eligibility.
This is it. Year 2 is done unless she gets a redshirt for this year.

Next year (19-20) would be year 3.
Right. There are no half-seasons or half-academic years.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Yeah I agree Geno certainly doesn't know anything about coaching you women (SARCASM!!!!!!)

Reaction Score
I saw this coming too. I feel badly, I was high on her coming out of HS. I was wrong there.
I wish her the best.
This didn’t seem like a good fit.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom