Lexi transferring | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Lexi transferring

Reaction Score
what players that transferred had the most success ?
  1. EDD, Delaware
  2. Liz Sherwood, Vandy
  3. Kia Wright, St Johns
  4. Natalie Butler, George Mason
  5. Samarie Walker, Kentucky
  6. Courtney Ekmark, Ariz St
  7. Sadie Edwards, USC
  8. Marci Glenney, Clemson
  9. Michala Johnson, Wisconsin
Other transfers: Tammy Arnold (Ore St), Jean Clark (TAMU-CC), Kennitra Johnson, Rashidat Sadiq, Kiana Robinson, Amy Hughes (Xavier), AEH (Miss St), Jess McCormack, DeJanae Boykin (Penn St/WV), Brianna Banks (Penn St), Kristen Phillips (Richmond)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Sorry to see her go but makes a lot of sense. as a top 30 player to be the last of the bench with limited prospects of more playing time In the future, it was probably the right decision for her. It does leave UConn with a very short roster for training (as in games Geno uses only 6 or 7 as it is)
All we can do is wish her well. She was, clearly, not going to earn meaningful playing time at UCONN. I had high hopes for her, as she was a star coming out of HS in Texas, but that talent never flourished here. She seems a delightful individual, and it will be a joy to hear of her future success. My guess is that she will return to Texas, but she must choose wisely ( eg Not Baylor ), or she might not have her dreams to play a lot realized. I recommend Rice University....in the AAC, she gets to start ( I imagine ) and it is an outstanding academic institution. Plus, we would get to see her play 2X per year. Safe travels, Lexi. We shall miss you.

Reaction Score
All we can do is wish her well. She was, clearly, not going to earn meaningful playing time at UCONN. I had high hopes for her, as she was a star coming out of HS in Texas, but that talent never flourished here. She seems a delightful individual, and it will be a joy to hear of her future success. My guess is that she will return to Texas, but she must choose wisely ( eg Not Baylor ), or she might not have her dreams to play a lot realized. I recommend Rice University....in the AAC, she gets to start ( I imagine ) and it is an outstanding academic institution. Plus, we would get to see her play 2X per year. Safe travels, Lexi. We shall miss you.
Rice is not in the AAC.

Reaction Score
Rice is not in the AAC.
Thanks for the correction. I thought they were. She should go there, anyway if she is returning to Texas. They would love a player of her quality.

Reaction Score
  1. EDD, Delaware
  2. Liz Sherwood, Vandy
  3. Kia Wright, St Johns
  4. Natalie Butler, George Mason
  5. Samarie Walker, Kentucky
  6. Courtney Ekmark, Ariz St
  7. Sadie Edwards, USC
  8. Marci Glenney, Clemson
  9. Michala Johnson, Wisconsin
Other transfers: Tammy Arnold (Ore St), Jean Clark (TAMU-CC), Kennitra Johnson, Rashidat Sadiq, Kiana Robinson, Amy Hughes (Xavier), AEH (Miss St), Jess McCormack, DeJanae Boykin (Penn St/WV), Brianna Banks (Penn St)
For ‘others’...Kristin Phillips and Brenda Marquis (although I think she left the program but stayed at UConn).

Reaction Score
For ‘others’...Kristin Phillips and Brenda Marquis (although I think she left the program but stayed at UConn).

Phillips added, thanks. Marquis did not transfer.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Nice use of Excel
I could use some pointers.
1544201149048.png

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I stated previously that I just don't understand what someone can learn by getting to play 2-3 min a game at garbage time, that cannot be fun. If I have a daughter unless she is a top-notch talent, I would not want her to play for Geno.
And yet here are the minutes of the bench players at UCONN:

13.1 ONO
14.2 Irwin
12.9 Coombs
8.3 Bent
5.6 for an injured Camara

Lexi's minutes are way down because she didn't play the last several games for UCONN. But that hardly seems like a tragic amount of minutes for the bench, especially given that UCONN has played Ohio State, Depaul and Notre Dame thus far. And by the way the SJU game was no joke - we only won by 10. In fact, SLU was the first team we played NOT in a major conference (Ohio State, Vandy, Ole Miss, SJU, Purdue, Depaul and ND).

UCONN follows that up with Seton Hall, Oklahoma, Cal, and Baylor before starting conference play. Seton Hall has been pretty decent recently - they are 7-1 with their only loss to UCLA, BUT they really have not played anyone tough. I expect a UCONN win by 40. But my point is the bench is finding lots of minutes even against pretty good to great competition.

Reaction Score
Is there something magic about "in the top 35," other than Raoul arbitrarily selected a cutoff point to make the number come out the way he wanted?

I believe for the most part UConn doesn't select any players lower then that other then in 2016....................there's no doubt that Raul has something against UConn and recruiting is a difficult game but those numbers are nothing to be happy about.......

Reaction Score
I believe for the most part UConn doesn't select any players lower then that other then in 2016.....
Raoul's other arbitrary statistical range is the time period (2014-17 recruiting classes). I'll give him that the most recent period is most interesting and relevant. Still, he rigged it the best he could.

Reaction Score
Raoul's other arbitrary statistical range is the time period (2014-17 recruiting classes). I'll give him that the most recent period is most interesting and relevant. Still, he rigged it the best he could.

one way to find that out would be to go back another three-four years and see where they stand...........I'm out sick today so I'm leaving it up to others to make Raul look silly...........

Reaction Score
Raoul is a wannabe guru who likes to read his own stuff.

hey I like to read my own stuff but I have no interest in being a guru...........................a swami perhaps......................

Reaction Score
one way to find that out would be to go back another three-four years and see where they stand......I'm out sick today so I'm leaving it up to others to make Raul look silly......
If you just look at the 2015-17 time period for ALL our recruits (per @DefenseBB's work below) (doesn't show 2014), the attrition rate goes down to 37.5% (3/8).

1544207682625.png

See Post #23 in 'How do Transfers Affect Recruiting?" thread: How do transfers affect recruiting?

Then, if you extend the time frame, it goes even lower. Raoul just loaded up to maximize our attrition rate by selecting the most (un)favorable time period and H.S ranking range. It appears to me that it is Raoul himself who is trying to "affect recruiting."

Reaction Score
If you just look at the 2015-17 time period for ALL our recruits (per @DefenseBB's work below) (doesn't show 2014), the attrition rate goes down to 37.5% (3/8).

View attachment 37217

See Post #23 in 'How do Transfers Affect Recruiting?" thread: How do transfers affect recruiting?

Then, if you extend the time frame, it goes even lower. Raoul just loaded up to maximize our attrition rate by selecting the most (un)favorable time period and H.S ranking range. It appears to me that it is Raoul himself who is trying to "affect recruiting."

no doubt Raul loves to show up UConn but the fact is that attrition from transfers is one part of the reason why UConn is short players for next year and it does call into question some of the staff's choices..............it doesn't take all that much skill to pick a Christyn Williams but finding players lower in the rankings is a tricky thing........

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Awhile back I posted a thread tracking the number of impact recruits (starters or key reserves) from each graduating glass over the current 11 year run of FF appearances by the Huskies. There were only 2 years, 2008 & 2016 when UConn had 3 impact players in a graduating class For all the other classes, the number of impact players in the senior class was either 1 or 2. If UConn makes it to it’s 12th consecutive FF this season, that trend will continue with only 2 impact players in the class of 2019.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom