Lets just blame Phil Nolan for everything including the recruiting, bad weather and global warming ! | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Lets just blame Phil Nolan for everything including the recruiting, bad weather and global warming !

Status
Not open for further replies.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
If some one is causing these loses, your, not Olie

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
or maybe we can just say he brings nothing to the table and doesn't help the team win

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Can someone please make this readable?

Reaction Score
You actually don't have to read the first post at all.

You can just look at the icon of the poster (Uconniki) and that's, in essence, his post.

Reaction Score
I have read on the BY how the team is improving, What improvement are you talking about ? exactly ? Yes we have some close loses,but 2games in a row we lose on the exact same broken play, I've read here its not Olie's fault, but they were as unprepared as you could be, we left the other teams BEST 3POINT SHOOTER WIDE OPEN BOTH TIMES !!! And inspite of that we come out playing flat, (worse each game) with no sense of urgency to try and save the season. I read some where on the BY that Olie lookes uninterested because he realized how bad the team looks. REALLY ? So he's given up ? 3mill a year , things are not going as planned so it's okay to quit on the season ? Wow whats wrong with some of you people. I own a small retail buisness, and when sales are down my commissioned employees are looking to me for solutions and answers, and they will never get it, who cares ,(I make lots less then Olie, maybe thats the problem, I can't afford to give up and fail, my family would suffer, I wouldn't get a second chance, people wouldn't be making all kinds of rediculous excuses for failure! In life and buisness rolls down hill . it usually starts at the top, and you guys are blaming Phil Nolan.Which is my second point. Is he pretty bad? Absolutely. But whose decision is it to play him? He's not putting himself in the game. They are not playing with any passion, they are kids. they need leadership,I don't see any leadership on the Uconn bench, they are playing the way Olie is coaching. Lifeless, disinterested, going thru the motions,( watch the danm games again if you still dont get it. ) I have read that Boat has not showed up the last couple of games, maybe not, but Olie hasn't showed up either. I'm old, been a fan about 50 years. Perno was my freshman coach at South Catholic. Was he a bad coach ? Yeah, but they never gave up, ever, many of his Uconn team sucked (poorly coached) but rarely out hustled. A Calhoun team look disinterested ? NEVER !! This team is playing flat , getting out played , out hustled and out coached, (other teams are showing emotion, playing with a level of passion missing in Uconn, high 5s after a good play, Uconn players are going thru the motions ). I expect to get bashed after this post for expressing my opinion and I probably will (others get it all the time, if someones opinion doesn't jive with some of yours the usual response is to attack that poster, BAN HIM . It is what a lot of you guys do ( this is a forum is it not?), if you dare critisize any thing about the team (Olie) you are labeled a bad person, fan whatever. I am a life long Uconn fan and so our 6 kids and we are as disappointed as most of you are, but embarrassement is something we have never had to deal with as Uconn fans. Losing is one thing, losing is never ok, but losing because the other team is better or plays better is a part of life and sports, but losing because the other team tries harder I've never had to experience as a Uconn fan until now (Calhoun would never have allowed it) I was at a USF game in FL acouple of years ago, waited all year to see Uconn play , team played terrible, getting killed. By half time everyone on the Uconn bench including some walkons had pl;ayed, One starter played in the second half, the rest never played a second. Were we disappointed ? Sure, but playing lazy was not to be tolerated at Uconn. WE were getting blown out , we came back, made a game of it, we lost but Calhoun never gave up ( you could hear M*ther er emitt ing from the Uconn bench in the second half, LOL )The point was HE NEVER STOPPED COACHING !! And you guys are bashing Phil Nolan, last I heard he wasn't the one getting paid 3million a year ! One last thing, in my humble opinion the year to date win wise is mirroring our success on the recruiting trail, one loss after an other after another to schools thought to be inferior to Uconn. Defending NC, new practice facility, Olie. Any one happy with the recruiting to date ? Oh yeah we can always blame Phil Nolan. Thanks and have a nice day.

Reaction Score
(EDIT - Do not ever do that again.)

Last edited by a moderator:

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I'm assuming that someone claiming to have had their last kid at 60 would be male.

To believe otherwise is very Old Testament.

Very good point. Adopted maybe?
My kids are 41, 31, 22 and 15. I cheated.

Reaction Score
Yeah I do know how to spell his name. The misspelling was intentional, which goes to prove my point. .

Olie....Olie.....hmmmm....UConniki's gives us a small clue by saying that the "mis-spelling was intentional" and done to prove his point about Ollie.....hmmmmm, this is juicy! "Olie" could be an encryption, created by the Enigma machine.

Let's see, when I break "Olie" down, I get "O" and "lie"...which might be UConnniki's sneaky reference to Offensive Lie....which obviously means that Ollie's Huskies can't be trusted offensively. Anyone else? I suk at cryptograms...

Reaction Score
I think a "Thanks Phil" meme in the vein of Thanks Obama would take off well in these parts

Reaction Score
Since some of you guys find my former avatar ( my two youngest children doing a silly face ) some thing to use for ridicule, (numerous extremely large breasted women seem to be a popular avatar on this forum which kinda speaks volumes about the I.Q. and maturity issues some of you suffer from ), I changed my avatar to a current family photo of my wife and the same two children minus the silly faces taken on New Years day @ Busch Gardens. Judging from some of the avatars on this forum my advice is some of you need to get out more (get l*id ). Can we please call a truce ?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Since some of you guys find my former avatar ( my two youngest children doing a silly face ) some thing to use for ridicule, (numerous extremely large breasted women seem to be the popular avatar on this forum which kinda speaks volumes about the I.Q. and maturity issues some of you suffer from ), I changed my avatar to a current family photo of my wife and the same two children minus the silly faces taken on New Years day @ Busch Gardens. Judging from some of the avatars on this forum my advise is some of you need to get out more (get laid ).
So to summarize.

Having pictures of large breasted women = immature.

Intentionally misspelling our coaches name, calling other posters " liars", and telling them they need to get laid more = mature.

You're a shining beacon in the darkness we can all look up to sir.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
And when I pointed out that Connecticut doesn't lose it's best to Florida I got skewered. You can't make this stuff up.

Reaction Score
So to summarize.

Having pictures of large breasted women = immature.

Intentionally misspelling our coaches name, calling other posters " liars", and telling them they need to get laid more = mature.

You're a shining beacon in the darkness we can all look up to sir.
Posting that I post negative stuff after each and every game we've lost, not some of the games or a few of the games but each and every game when I have posted exactly once as in 1 time all season is a bold faced lie, ( yes I called a poster a f*ng liar because that is what he did and that is what it makes him). Let me get this straight, you guys can make up, but I can't tell the truth and call a total lie exactly what it is , a total lie. I know that I need to improve the amount of grammatical errors that I make, but maybe you could use the help of a dictionary. I posted something and for what ever the reason some of you feel justified making fun of an avatar with a picture of 2 of my kids, call me a drunk and post total lies about whatever it is you feel like lying about today. I never thought to comment about any one else's avatar but my kids are fair game, and it's not the first time.

Reaction Score
Posting that I post negative stuff after each and every game we've lost, not some of the games or a few of the games but each and every game when I have posted exactly once as in 1 time all season is a bold faced lie, ( yes I called a poster a f*ng liar because that is what he did and that is what it makes him). Let me get this straight, you guys can make up, but I can't tell the truth and call a total lie exactly what it is , a total lie. I know that I need to improve the amount of grammatical errors that I make, but maybe you could use the help of a dictionary. I posted something and for what ever the reason some of you feel justified making fun of an avatar with a picture of 2 of my kids, call me a drunk and post total lies about whatever it is you feel like lying about today. I never thought to comment about any one else's avatar but my kids are fair game, and it's not the first time.

Nik, I call a truce as long as you admit questioning me on my immaturity by having that hot chick as my avatar is a bit immature?

Reaction Score
Yes, that poster certainly misspoke when he said you post negative stuff after each game. He should have said you're a terrible poster who only shows up to whine and complain when things are going poorly, as evidenced by the fact that you have made one post this season, and ::shocker:: that post came when we are at the low point of our year.

No idea about people making fun of your kids, or the other stuff. I haven't seen it, but I don't read all the posts and have a lot of people on ignore. Mostly I just see people calling you stupid, which as far as I can tell is factually accurate. I do get that you won't ever see it, because lack of self awareness is a large aspect of stupidity.

I did enjoy this post of yours though. Responding to my post about maturity with a completely immature response was hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom