2021 Recruiting: - Landers Nolley | Page 32 | The Boneyard

2021 Recruiting: Landers Nolley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
potato potAto. if Hurley thought nolley was a lock he would have waited
We missed on Kofi and got stuck with Springs.

Seems like Hurley wasn’t confident in landing Nolley so we settle for Martin.

Couldn’t close Cliff in the spring so took Javonte Brown Ferguson

I’m hoping we don’t see the same story play out with Sanogo.

At some point we’re going to have to start getting our top choices in order to take the next step.

These are all good bodies/good gets considering where we’re coming from, but we’re a year or 2 behind where we could be with some of these misses/settles.

Reaction Score

At some point we’re going to have to start getting our top choices in order to take the next step.

These are all good bodies/good gets considering where we’re coming from, but we’re a year or 2 behind where we could be with some of these misses/settles.
Geez, We got Bouknight his first choice. Akok his first choice. Gaffney his first choice. Jackson his first choice. Martin is a very good player.

If you can't see we're taking the next step, look harder.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score

How anyone could have this take after seeing the talent level on this roster grow by leaps and bounds the past 2 years is beyond me.

Reaction Score
If you honestly think Hurley had the choice between the 2 and took Martin then I’ll have some of what you’re smoking. I’m pretty sure Nolley has no plans of playing in college any longer due to the rule not going into effect until 2021. His father said he was done after last season lol. No way he sits out and plays in 2021-22
The gap between the two is way smaller than you’re insinuating.

Reaction Score
Geez, We got Bouknight his first choice. Akok his first choice. Gaffney his first choice. Jackson his first choice. Martin is a very good player.

If you can't see we're taking the next step, look harder.
Click on his profile and read his recent post history. You'll have to scroll pretty far to find a positive UConn post

Reaction Score
I’ll take Martin and Sanogo in a heartbeat over Martin and Nolley. That guy is a beast down low and the big guard/wing is covered with Martin now in the fold. Tough to wait and try to get Nolley and Sanogo.

Reaction Score
Click on his profile and read his recent post history. You'll have to scroll pretty far to find a positive UConn post
Yeah and people post more negative yelp reviews than positive ones.

What’s your point?

Was excited to be in on a big time, program advancing transfer like Nolley and then the wind gets taken out of the sails with the wing version of Brendan Adams.

He’s not bad, but when you keep getting the Springs and Martins over the Kofis, Cliffs, and Nolleys it’s gonna take you a lot longer to get back to the top.

What’s so bad about that?

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I thought they vote soon for transfer rule for this upcoming season

Reaction Score

What’s your point?

Was excited to be in on a big time, program advancing transfer like Nolley and then the wind gets taken out of the sails with the wing version of Brendan Adams.

He’s not bad, but when you keep getting the Springs and Martins over the Kofis, Cliffs, and Nolleys it’s gonna take you a lot longer to get back to the top.

To start with, your evaluation of Tyrese Martin

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score

That winning consistently point.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score

What’s your point?

UConn will still be missing on kids, even when we're closer to "the top" than we are today.

You're being way too greedy. Simmer down.

Reaction Score

You don’t always reel in your first choice. Jackson was a first choice. Bouk was a first choice. Akok was a first choice. If you’re going to knock him in the instances where he landed the backup plan, at least credit him when he lands his priorities.

Reaction Score

What’s your point?

I love how you are already knocking Springs and he hasn’t played 1 second for us yet. He’ll make you look like a fool.

Reaction Score
I love how you are already knocking Springs and he hasn’t played 1 second for us yet. He’ll make you look like a fool.
All I said was he was a second (4th-5th) choice v Kofi. I’ll take any bet you wanna make he wont make me look like a fool and be better than Kofi.

Reaction Score

What’s your point?

Basketball is a team game but we already have our program advancing coach in Dan Hurley and our program advancing player in James Bouknight. If you're bummed about getting a 13 ppg 7 rebs transfer of which we're going to get the peak 2 years of I don't know what to tell you.

When we had a sinking program with an indifferent coach stuck in the AAC we all should've been b***ing, there is absolutely no reason to now.

Bouknight, Jackson, and Martin at the wing is about as good as it gets.

Reaction Score
LOOK at Kentucky everyone, they get 5 * players every year and don't get very far into the tournament, HURLEY is creating a TEAM. We have a little ways to go but making sure players have the right mentality, attitude and buy-in will reap major benefits. Remember our first championship, I was very young then but I don't recall us having 5 star players??

Reaction Score
LOOK at Kentucky everyone, they get 5 * players every year and don't get very far into the tournament, HURLEY is creating a TEAM. We have a little ways to go but making sure players have the right mentality, attitude and buy-in will reap major benefits. Remember our first championship, I was very young then but I don't recall us having 5 star players??
Khalid and Richard Hamilton were a 5 star and Macdonald's Kids. That's the first championship. Kemba was 5 star. The other two championships had top 30 players with Ben Gordon 2nd title and Shabazz Napier the 4th.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
UConn's best recruits have generally ended up to be their best players. You can have your scrappy 100-200s and hope to find one that fell through the cracks. I'll take the highest rated players.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score

Back in late January, there was a debate about whether CV was core to the team, vs he basically sucked. After folks pointed out that CV was leading the team in scoring, rebounding, steals and FT%, someone said about CV:

"Some of you folks have some serious issues. Can you not congratulate a kid on his accomplishments and thank him for his heart and hustle without down playing the impact he's had on this program?"

CampCalhoun's response was:

"What accomplishments, what impact?"

He already looks like a fool

Last edited:

YearoftheHusky

Name checks out.
Reaction Score
All I said was he was a second (4th-5th) choice v Kofi. I’ll take any bet you wanna make he wont make me look like a fool and be better than Kofi.

What did Illinois ultimately win with one year of Kofi?

I’ll wait.

There’s a good chance we will win more than that with Springs. Just sayin’ .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom