2021 Recruiting: - Landers Nolley | Page 27 | The Boneyard

2021 Recruiting: Landers Nolley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Let’s say we get Nolley, which seems likely at a minimum. Then it’s something like:

PG: Cole 30, Gaffney 10

SG: Bouknight 20, Adams 15, Gaffney 5

SF: Jackson 20, Bouknight 10, Nolley 10

PF: Nolley 15, Polley 15, Springs 10

C: Whaley 25, Carlton 10, Ferguson 5

Where does Martin fit in that equation? There’s literally not a single guy I could see him taking minutes from with that depth.
I don't see Javonte Brown Ferguson, Adams or Springs getting nearly as many minutes as you have. In your scenario I'd give Martin his 15 minutes with 5 less from each of those 3

Reaction Score
Let’s say we get Nolley, which seems likely at a minimum. Then it’s something like:

Where does Martin fit in that equation? There’s literally not a single guy I could see him taking minutes from with that depth.

I would bet that Jalen gets more that 15 mpg

Reaction Score
I don't see Javonte Brown Ferguson, Adams or Springs getting nearly as many minutes as you have. In your scenario I'd give Martin his 15 minutes with 5 less from each of those 3

Maybe you know more than me, but I think Adams and Springs are both better players than Martin. Adams’ perimeter defense alone will get him on the court.

Reaction Score
Maybe you know more than me, but I think Adams and Springs are both better players than Martin. Adams’ perimeter defense alone will get him on the court.
I agree with Adams defense getting him minutes, that's why I tried to keep him in there. Martin averaged 13 and 7 last year, Adams averaged 7 and 2. Similar SOS, and similar usage %. I don't even think it's a conversation between the 2

Reaction Score
What makes them better than Martin? You haven't even seen Springs play in college.

Reaction Score
What makes them better than Martin? You haven't even seen Springs play in college.

Adams I think is more composed, plays smarter, plays harder, and plays great defense.

Springs I’ve seen play in HS plenty of times. They are completely different players. Springs will be the far superior rebounder, which I think will be his purpose on this team.

Reaction Score

Well Hurleys pitch to nolley was 30 minutes on the ball. I think jackson gets 20 between the 2-3 and starts on the bench.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Adams I think is more composed, plays smarter, plays harder, and plays great defense.

Springs I’ve seen play in HS plenty of times. They are completely different players. Springs will be the far superior rebounder, which I think will be his purpose on this team.
We get that you don’t like Martin because your friend told you not to. Can you stop saying the same over and over

Reaction Score

Martin has been a more successful college player than Adams so far, and you're certainly putting a ton of faith in Springs in his first season playing in college. Martin rebounds just as good as Vital who we all went crazy over because of his superior rebounding here.

You had Dimencio Vaughn in your starting lineup, I really don't see where you're coming from.

Reaction Score
Didn't Weingarten say Landers just took a virtual visit to Ole Miss and is planning one to UConn soon? With Vaughn at Ole Miss that presumably knocks out another contender for Nolley.

Reaction Score
We get that you don’t like Martin because your friend told you not to. Can you stop saying the same # 2 over and over

I want players who I think will get us back to national prominence. Is this guy one of them? Also several other reliable posters have said stay far away. I don’t think that’s something to ignore

Martin has been a more successful college player than Adams so far, and you're certainly putting a ton of faith in Springs in his first season playing in college. Martin rebounds just as good as Vital who we all went crazy over because of his superior rebounding here.

You had Dimencio Vaughn in your starting lineup, I really don't see where you're coming from.

I had Vaughn in my starting lineup because a few top guys said he was coming here. That wasn’t right, oh well. Also, he’s had a moderately successfully 2 years at URI. UConn is not URI. Martin is a 3. He’s not taking minutes from Bouknight, Jackson, and hopefully Nolley at the 3.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score

The 2 aren't even comparable from a production standpoint. Even if you like the way Adams projects, he wasn't very good last year.

Reaction Score
Didn't Weingarten say Landers just took a virtual visit to Ole Miss and is planning one to UConn soon? With Vaughn at Ole Miss that presumably knocks out another contender for Nolley.
In his tweet about Vaughn he said they're still in on Nolley

Reaction Score
I want players who I think will get us back to national prominence. Is this guy one of them? Also several other reliable posters have said stay far away. I don’t think that’s something to ignore

I had Vaughn in my starting lineup because a few top guys said he was coming here. That wasn’t right, oh well. Also, he’s had a moderately successfully 2 years at URI. UConn is not URI. Martin is a 3. He’s not taking minutes from Bouknight, Jackson, and hopefully Nolley at the 3.
URI is a lot closer to being UConn than Rider is.

Reaction Score
What would be Martin’s role on this team? Serious question, just trying to get a gauge.
they both fill the "big guard" role hurley has in mind so why wouldnt his role be similar to vaughn's? no need to pigeonhole him as a SF when he can play either spot on the wing.

edit- i had vaughn in the starting lineup too but i think i'd prefer having martin for 2 years instead of 1

Reaction Score
they both fill the "big guard" role hurley has in mind so why wouldnt his role be similar to vaughn's? no need to pigeonhole him as a SF when he can play either spot on the wing.

edit- i had vaughn in the starting lineup too but i think i'd prefer having martin for 2 years instead of 1

I’m just asking for someone to tell me where on the depth chart Martin would fit in and what role he’d play. So you’re saying he’s a 3/4. That means his competition for minutes are Bouk, Jackson, Polley, Whaley, and Springs.

Also, disagree on the second point. I’d rather have Vaughn for 1 year and recruit an elite freshman for 2021.

Reaction Score
I’m just asking for someone to tell me where on the depth chart Martin would fit in and what role he’d play. So you’re saying he’s a 3/4. That means his competition for minutes are Bouk, Jackson, Polley, Whaley, and Springs.

Also, disagree on the second point. I’d rather have Vaughn for 1 year and recruit an elite freshman for 2021.
People have been telling you, you just don't like the answer they're giving

Reaction Score
The 2 aren't even comparable from a production standpoint. Even if you like the way Adams projects, he wasn't very good last year.

He was good a lot but he was up and down. This kid looks like he could be better though. Long athletic and rebounds the ball. Hurley knows let’s see what he does.

Reaction Score
People have been telling you, you just don't like the answer they're giving

He’s not taking minutes from any of the players on the roster who play the 2-4 position. Why would I not want a guy who would give us some production? I just don’t think that he’d do that here.

Reaction Score
He’s not taking minutes from any of the players on the roster who play the 2-4 position. Why would I not want a guy who would give us some production? I just don’t think that he’d do that here.
it's a moot point. if the transfer rule wouldnt go into effect until 2021 we cant take nolley and martin

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22