2021 Recruiting: - Landers Nolley | Page 28 | The Boneyard

2021 Recruiting: Landers Nolley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He’s not taking minutes from any of the players on the roster who play the 2-4 position. Why would I not want a guy who would give us some production? I just don’t think that he’d do that here.
Sure you're entitled to think that, but Vaughn was going to come in and start over all of those guys?

Reaction Score
I don't mind Nolley sitting. Might be tough to integrate 3 scorers into the team at once (Cole, Nolley, Jackson) while working Polley back into the rotation.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
it's a moot point. if the transfer rule wouldnt go into effect until 2021 we cant take nolley and martin. this news mightve just turned our season upside down.
That seems a bit extreme. It's not like the roster's in dire straights if we don't land two more big impact players for next season. It's going to be a fun season to watch regardless of how this plays out IMHO.

Reaction Score
there's no way on earth hurley redshirts 2 guys again. we'd be starting out with 11 scholarship players not to mention akok missing half the season, at least. hurley had to do that last year with cole and springs and look how it turned out
Yeah - no chance Hurley doesn't have 12 guys suited up for opening night. I think Nolley is the only guy on the transfer market we are after who is worth sitting out a year.

Reaction Score
I don't mind Nolley sitting. Might be tough to integrate 3 scorers into the team at once (Cole, Nolley, Jackson) while working Polley back into the rotation.

I don’t either. Cole, Gaffney, Bouknight, Adams, Jackson, Polley, Springs, Whaley, Carlton, and Ferguson is lots to work with.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
I don’t either. Cole, Gaffney, Bouknight, Adams, Jackson, Polley, Springs, Whaley, Carlton, and Ferguson is lots to work with.
Agreed

Reaction Score
Hurley’s not gonna get 2 transfers that play practically the same position who both might not get a waiver. Vaughn was plan B and Martin plan C for the big guard. Things looking good with Nolley so Hurley moves on from Vaughn but keeps in good touch with Martin who we have a good shot with. The 2nd scholarship was always for a big, not 2 SFs. Room was cleared for a big man to reclass because maybe Hurley feels like with the uncertainty surrounding the future of high school basketball he could make a push to grab a quality big man a year early. Just my thoughts

Reaction Score
Hurley’s not gonna get 2 transfers that play practically the same position who both might not get a waiver. Vaughn was plan B and Martin plan C for the big guard. Things looking good with Nolley so Hurley moves on from Vaughn but keeps in good touch with Martin who we have a good shot with. The 2nd scholarship was always for a big, not 2 SFs. Room was cleared for a big man to reclass because maybe Hurley feels like with the uncertainty surrounding the future of high school basketball he could make a push to grab a quality big man a year early. Just my thoughts

the variable is Vaughn was grad transfer, so getting waiver not a concern

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Anyone else concerned about his percentages in conference? 34% FG, 25% 3pt, 44% efg is 15% lower than Whaleys.

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
Jake doesn't know squat. I say it all the time. Please stop listening to him. Guys on the Yard truly know more than him
I you think Jake doesn't know anything you're an idiot. He's very plugged in and botched one story out of the 1000s he's written and he's young. He's got a good relationship with alot of kids and coaches.

Reaction Score
Any chance sid pulls his name out of the portal now that he’s gonna hafta sit out again?

Reaction Score
Any chance sid pulls his name out of the portal now that he’s gonna hafta sit out again?
I'd think it's more likely he pulls a Grimes and "chooses" his new school when there's no more scholarship here and he's immediately eligible (in theory)

Reaction Score
I'd think it's more likely he pulls a Grimes and "chooses" his new school when there's no more scholarship here and he's immediately eligible (in theory)
he commits when theres no more scholarship here or at vtech? i'm hoping we get his silent verbal but he doesnt officially commit until vtech fills all their open schollys

Reaction Score
Would be smart on his part if he did that, he’s in a tough spot now

Reaction Score
when theres no more scholarship here or at vtech? i'm hoping we get his silent verbal but he doesnt officially commit until vtech fills all their open schollys
That’s the loop hole

Reaction Score
he commits when theres no more scholarship here or at vtech? i'm hoping we get his silent verbal but he doesnt officially commit until vtech fills all their open schollys
That question was in regards to Sid. But could definitely apply the same to Nolley, and if the loophole works that's absolutely what should happen

Reaction Score
Jake doesn't know squat. I say it all the time. Please stop listening to him. Guys on the Yard truly know more than him
This is just not true, Jake has obvious relations with these guys that are his age because they can relate to them. Idk why dudes on here don’t get that.

Reaction Score
That question was in regards to Sid. But could definitely apply the same to Nolley, and if the loophole works that's absolutely what should happen
Guess we are going to have to start following Virginia techs scholarship situation now

Reaction Score
I you think Jake doesn't know anything you're an idiot. He's very plugged in and botched one story out of the 1000s he's written and he's young. He's got a good relationship with alot of kids and coaches.
He's botched SEVERAL. pay attention. I can make predictions too and be correct 40% of the time

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
He's very plugged in and botched one story out of the 1000s he's written and he's young.
1000's? I only know one of his stories. And reminds of that punchline: You only have to blank one blank to be a blank blanker. (Didn't make it through the profanity filter)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom