2021 Recruiting: - Landers Nolley | Page 30 | The Boneyard

2021 Recruiting: Landers Nolley

Status
Not open for further replies.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Can someone give us the Cliffs Notes version of how this "Grimes-waiver" scenario works? I'm not familiar with it.

Reaction Score
Can someone give us the Cliffs Notes version of how this "Grimes-waiver" scenario works? I'm not familiar with it.

"Quentin Grimes won immediately eligibility on the fact that there wasn’t a scholarship open for him at Kansas when he decided to withdraw from the NBA Draft, source told @Stadium. Told that KU supported him being eligible right away."

Reaction Score
He declared for the draft. By the time he withdrew his name, Kansas filled his spot. So Kansas had no scholarships and he was “forced to transfer”

Reaction Score
He declared for the draft. By the time he withdrew his name, Kansas filled his spot. So Kansas had no scholarships and he was “forced to transfer”

Not sure the two fact patterns are close enough. Nolley wants to transfer fact that his current school does not want him back or has no more room at the inn does not prevent him from transferring which is and remains his stated intention. Very different from Grimes set of facts.

Reaction Score
Not sure the two fact patterns are close enough. Nolley wants to transfer fact that his current school does not want him back or has no more room at the inn does not prevent him from transferring which is and remains his stated intention. Very different from Grimes set of facts.
Agree it is looking like a stretch for him to use an argument like this

Reaction Score
maybe, maybe not. i dont see the practical difference between testing the draft and testing the transfer market. you could argue both players had the stated intention of leaving their respective schools.

but the ncaa's deciding factor was that grimes lost his scholarship before making a binding final decision (signing with an agent or remaining in the draft past the withdrawal deadline). similarly, nolley entering his name in the transfer portal wasnt a binding final decision either. he could theoretically have returned to VTech but for them filling his scholarship. the ncaa cant claim otherwise, especially if nolley was operating under the assumption the transfer rule was going to change this summer.

as long as nolley doesnt commit elsewhere before VTech fills their scholarships he has a plausible argument that he was going to return. as stated in an earlier post, i think he should also wait until the ncaa votes on the rule before committing elsewhere.

Last edited:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
One can only guess because I doubt they've done many like this before. But I would think it's a formal discussion with the kid and parents as well as allowing time for a presentation of the campus as well as the basketball center plus a rah rah power video to boot. Only a guess.

Reaction Score
Jake is quarantining at home. He doesn't need to wear pants at all.

1586208628981.png

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
This is great if Nolley grew up on a farm or wants to be a groundskeeper.
That's kind of what I was thinking.

Reaction Score
I don't know if this has been said, but I look at Nolley's three-point shooting and it isn't as ideal as I would like it to be (31.6%). That shooting isn't going to replace what CV gave us, but maybe he'll improve next season.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Did ole miss get a new coaching staff or did they open a new bank? Thia is the second kid we want who they are going after.
I don't know what their situation is other than they finished 6-12 in conference last year. But if their roster is such that they can tell these guys "you come here next year and you're a starter", that's probably a motivator, because I doubt that's what Hurley is telling them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom