Lakers preparing offer for Hurley | Page 89 | The Boneyard

Lakers preparing offer for Hurley

Reaction Score
It’s worked with the biggest superstars in every decade since the ‘60s.

• Wilt
  • Kareem
  • Shaq
  • Kobe
  • LeBron

Those are 5 of the ~12 greatest ever. Lower level guys like AD, Westbrook, Gasol, Mychael Thompson and probably a half dozen more I’m forgetting all pushed their way to LA, too. So did Chris Paul before Stern killed it.

The city’s a draw — even the Clippers can take advantage of it now, and the Lakers have infinitely more history and success (and fans) than the Clips.

They might be crappy for 2-3 years once LeBron is done. But it won’t be longer than that.
Magic deserves to be on this list...

Reaction Score
Maybe in some people's eyes. I don't like that he didn't shoot this down immediately like he did the UK inquiry. As I posted yesterday, players both current and potential future will wonder if he'll jump to the NBA next year or in the near future, potentially impacting future success.

Other than being the storied Laker franchise, it's a horrible job right now. Two aging and injury prone stars with no cap space to add quality players paints a terrible current situation and future. And it's LA, which to the life of me, I don't know why anyone other than those who like tinsel fake lifestyle would ever want to live there.

Other than the money and short lived prestige, I just don't get it. I really like Danny, but if he takes the LA offer, and let's down all who returned and chose to come to UConn, my respect for him simply deminishes. That's just how I feel. It's his right, but that doesn't mean it's the right thing to do or even take it this far considerably how many (coaches and players) decided to be hebecause of him being their coach. Just not the right time or opportunity.

He shot down the UK job because he has no interest in coaching at another college program. He has interest in coaching in the NBA, whether it's now or in the future. I think he stays but he is hearing them out so that he doesn't burn bridges

1999GoodSon

Lies, damn lies, and statistics.
Reaction Score
I'm a Dan, I know what Dan's do. He's going to get home exhausted, have half of his favorite beverage, smile at his wife, look around his comfortable home, pet the dog and say "God, it's good to be back on the right coast, I'm glad that is over with".

Reaction Score
He was drafted by LA.
Sorry...I didn't realize it was only referring to players not drafted by LA that got themselves to LA. If that's the case...drop Kobe from the list. I wouldn't consider a draft day trade to be a player maneuver except in an Eli siruation.

awy

Reaction Score
As time goes on i'm more optimistic about him coming back. just 3 peat and then have your picking of options on your own schedule. this rushed stuff is not good and the same lakers job will be there next few years, and more options will open up elsewhere.

Reaction Score
in the trilly discord, there are xavier fans that are incredibly annoying. also lot's of st johns guys that antagonize uconn guys a lot. not saying that is the best representation, but a lot of Big East guys hate us
A lot of people hate everyone, so obviously there's no universal answer. I want every Big East team to be good, except maybe Georgetown.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Sorry...I didn't realize it was only referring to players not drafted by LA that got themselves to LA. If that's the case...drop Kobe from the list. I wouldn't consider a draft day trade to be a player maneuver except in an Eli siruation.
Not to keep with the side track, but that is the Kobe situation. He demanded to go to LA. Charlotte drafted him and he refused to play elsewhere.

Part of why I disliked him from the start of his career, especially compared to his draft classmates.

Reaction Score

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom