Lakers preparing offer for Hurley | Page 88 | The Boneyard

Lakers preparing offer for Hurley

Reaction Score
Rick Pitino doesn’t believe Dan Hurley is going to leave Connecticut and take a massive potential megabucks offer from the Lakers.

“What I’m hearing — and I have no [inside information] — is that his father [Bob Hurley Sr.] and his wife [Andrea] are very strong in his life and they don’t want to go,” Pitino told The Post from his box in the grandstand at Saratoga Race Course, which is holding a four-day meet which will be highlighted by Saturday’s Belmont Stakes.

Hurley Sr. Didn’t leave his Jersey City Catholic school for ANY college team, and he ain’t leaving it for the Lakers, even if it’s his son who’s going to be doing the coaching. I also wonder how often he visits his other son out in AZ.

Reaction Score
Seriously. You can’t convince me that keeping the university in the national conversation isn’t worth 10 million a year to both the university and the state. I say put in the tolls and direct deposit it into Hurley’s account. What are we taxing cigarette smokers these days? $8 a pack? Put him on a Truth billboard and pay the man.
Pay him.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Literally zero people are reporting this and that they agreed to the deal already lmao you are getting played
Some people struggle with media literacy. My friend shared a post in the group chat earlier today of a screenshot of a Facebook post that was clearly a fake news AI generated story. lol

Reaction Score
It’s a text from Simon Charles
IMG_7300.jpeg

Reaction Score
If he does stay, if it's even possible, his cachet goes up immeasurably, approaching coach K status. It's a lot extremely fast, for a guy who's only been here 6 years.

To wit Krzyzewski famously turned down the Lakers in 2004, 24 years after he first joined Duke. Turned the Celtics down 10 years after joining. 6 times total, so clearly, coach Hurley will have no shortage of options should he decide to stay, and remain successful.
Maybe in some people's eyes. I don't like that he didn't shoot this down immediately like he did the UK inquiry. As I posted yesterday, players both current and potential future will wonder if he'll jump to the NBA next year or in the near future, potentially impacting future success.

Other than being the storied Laker franchise, it's a horrible job right now. Two aging and injury prone stars with no cap space to add quality players paints a terrible current situation and future. And it's LA, which to the life of me, I don't know why anyone other than those who like tinsel fake lifestyle would ever want to live there.

Other than the money and short lived prestige, I just don't get it. I really like Danny, but if he takes the LA offer, and let's down all who returned and chose to come to UConn, my respect for him simply deminishes. That's just how I feel. It's his right, but that doesn't mean it's the right thing to do or even take it this far considerably how many (coaches and players) decided to be here because of him being their coach. Just not the right time or opportunity.

Reaction Score
I resisted for 36 hours to come here - but Man 86 pages already, how many of people got talked off or onto a cliff? :p

No idea what the other 85 pages say, but if he goes to LA the University better come at Luke with a contract in hand the second it becomes public.
If Luke and Kimani go with him I want Jay Wright.

Reaction Score
Maybe in some people's eyes. I don't like that he didn't shoot this down immediately like he did the UK inquiry. As I posted yesterday, players both current and potential future will wonder if he'll jump to the NBA next year or in the near future, potentially impacting future success.

Other than being the storied Laker franchise, it's a horrible job right now. Two aging and injury prone stars with no cap space to add quality players paints a terrible current situation and future. And it's LA, which to the life of me, I don't know why anyone other than those who like tinsel fake lifestyle would ever want to live there.

Other than the money and short lived prestige, I just don't get it. I really like Danny, but if he takes the LA offer, and let's down all who returned and chose to come to UConn, my respect for him simply deminishes. That's just how I feel. It's his right, but that doesn't mean it's the right thing to do or even take it this far considerably how many (coaches and players) decided to be here because of him being their coach. Just not the right time or opportunity.
If the Lakers had been targeting Dan for sometime why did they wait until now to approach him? Dan also never commented on it himself. Something just feels off here

Reaction Score
Do you realize how irresponsible this is? Like yelling fire in a crowded movie theater. There are BY’ers standing on bridges just waiting for that post. We may have lost a few already.
Lmao.... why so emotional? We're from the northeast. Why are we acting so soft here?

Reaction Score
Do you realize how irresponsible this is? Like yelling fire in a crowded movie theater. There are BY’ers standing on bridges just waiting for that post. We may have lost a few already.
That's the aim of trolling.

Reaction Score
The cuse board which is obsessed about UConn/couldn't give a S c a l i t o about UConn has a thread devoted to Hurley. It's the rings.

They’ve been obsessed for a while now. And lest they get too excited about Hurley’s imminent departure, word on the street is that Hurley’s going to interview Autry to drive the Lakers team bus if he decides to go.

Reaction Score
in the trilly discord, there are xavier fans that are incredibly annoying. also lot's of st johns guys that antagonize uconn guys a lot. not saying that is the best representation, but a lot of Big East guys hate us

Tell the Xavier fans they better hope we don’t lose our coach.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom