Lakers preparing offer for Hurley | Page 86 | The Boneyard

Lakers preparing offer for Hurley

Reaction Score
All the Lakers have is the hope that players will just want to play in LA because...reasons. It worked with Lebron. We will see.
It’s worked with the biggest superstars in every decade since the ‘60s.

• Wilt
  • Kareem
  • Shaq
  • Kobe
  • LeBron

Those are 5 of the ~12 greatest ever. Lower level guys like AD, Westbrook, Gasol, Mychael Thompson and probably a half dozen more I’m forgetting all pushed their way to LA, too. So did Chris Paul before Stern killed it.

The city’s a draw — even the Clippers can take advantage of it now, and the Lakers have infinitely more history and success (and fans) than the Clips.

They might be crappy for 2-3 years once LeBron is done. But it won’t be longer than that.

Reaction Score
If he does stay, if it's even possible, his cachet goes up immeasurably, approaching coach K status. It's a lot extremely fast, for a guy who's only been here 6 years.

To wit Krzyzewski famously turned down the Lakers in 2004, 24 years after he first joined Duke. Turned the Celtics down 10 years after joining. 6 times total, so clearly, coach Hurley will have no shortage of options should he decide to stay, and remain successful.

Reaction Score
I don't understand why a high buyout would deter him from signing. It's not like he would ever be on the hook for it.
He negotiated a lower nba buyout in his last contract someone said. He wouldn’t have to pay it but it could deter an NBA if they didn’t want to pay it.

Reaction Score
He negotiated a lower nba buyout in his last contract someone said. He wouldn’t have to pay it but it could deter an NBA if they didn’t want to pay it.
I'm confused at what point you're making. You know the buyout is low but you think it would deter an NBA team?

Reaction Score
Why would they be dead to you? I am a lifelong Knicks fan & if the Knicks were about to hire him- obviously I would have mixed feelings about it- but it would forced me to even watch the Knicks even more with excitement.
Basically my interest in the NBA has dwindled for years. Plus IMO the Lakers have mismanaged so many situations that I’m looking for reasons to shut that chapter in my life. That organization is like staff of Jafar from Aladdin.

Reaction Score
I'm confused at what point you're making. You know the buyout is low but you think it would deter an NBA team?
I’m saying if he comes back to UConn and signs a new contract to make it much higher. It’s under 2 million right now.

Reaction Score
What is the Championship Dinner going to look like now? The celebration dinner is scheduled for June 19th.

Reaction Score
I resisted for 36 hours to come here - but Man 86 pages already, how many of people got talked off or onto a cliff? :p

No idea what the other 85 pages say, but if he goes to LA the University better come at Luke with a contract in hand the second it becomes public.

Reaction Score
Dan loves UConn-He loves his team-He loves his Family-He loves his wife.

He has almost doubled his potential salary which includes rewarding his staff/assistants to be at the top of the CBB game.

He's made his agent very happy. He's in LA and listening to them. Benedict has gone to the wall to get him top of class money. Helps Dan and retains his staff. He's intrigued by the three peat and more.

I believe that Dan will not let down his recruits/returners/portal adds and their parents/families. He's a man of character.

Call me crazy. Many of you have. I think Dan stays for now.

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
If Hurley did leave does that mean any UConn player could then enter the portal or is the team locked up for this year?

Reaction Score
It’s pocket change compared to the rumored guarantee. Only $1.8M for NBA vs about $8-9M for college xfer.

Reaction Score
99% of college basketball’s teams and fans want him to leave UConn is my guess. BE fans of other teams will try to say different but they’d rather not have to go against him, and we are not beloved for our domination otherwise.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
You don’t need to worry about Alex. He’s a smart guy who makes fully informed decisions.
Husky hoops fan…from Jersey…joined in 2018….seems to have insider info…

IMG_8084.gif

Reaction Score
99% of college basketball’s teams and fans want him to leave UConn is my guess. BE fans of other teams will try to say different but they’d rather not have to go against him, and we are not beloved for our domination otherwise.
I don't believe this. Especially since realignment, the Big East has been extremely intense in game matchups, but supportive of each other in non-conference and tournament situations. A lot of it is that we're the only non-football power in college basketball. It's also true that UConn would not fall apart if Hurley leaves.

Reaction Score
I don't believe this. Especially since realignment, the Big East has been extremely intense in game matchups, but supportive of each other in non-conference and tournament situations. A lot of it is that we're the only non-football power in college basketball. It's also true that UConn would not fall apart if Hurley leaves.
in the trilly discord, there are xavier fans that are incredibly annoying. also lot's of st johns guys that antagonize uconn guys a lot. not saying that is the best representation, but a lot of Big East guys hate us

Reaction Score
Rick Pitino doesn’t believe Dan Hurley is going to leave Connecticut and take a massive potential megabucks offer from the Lakers.

“What I’m hearing — and I have no [inside information] — is that his father [Bob Hurley Sr.] and his wife [Andrea] are very strong in his life and they don’t want to go,” Pitino told The Post from his box in the grandstand at Saratoga Race Course, which is holding a four-day meet which will be highlighted by Saturday’s Belmont Stakes.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom