Lakers preparing offer for Hurley | Page 19 | The Boneyard

Lakers preparing offer for Hurley

Reaction Score
I don't get the hate. The Lakers are doing what is best for them in an honest and forthright way, and Hurley may be on the threshold of making generational wealth. Be happy for Hurley. This is a guy who told a story of being at a gas station in Jersey or Pennsylvania during a recruiting trip and not having enough money to fill the tank, WHEN HE WAS IN HIS 30'S.

UConn will be fine. Next man up.
If Luke is elevated to HC we will be fine. Otherwise it's gonna be a long rebuild

Reaction Score
Maybe I’m being a little emotional in the moment. But I won’t be one of the “he did great for us and he will always be adored for that” people.

He can stay and potentially be Jim Calhoun. The legend who will always be revered. He can own the state.

He can leave and he will just be a guy they hired who did a really good job while he was here. I won’t wish him ill will. But i won’t necessarily wish him well.

Can’t have it both ways. It’s really just up to what matters to him.

He will be a little dead to me if he leaves now. And I think most people will eventually come to feel that way.

Reaction Score
Maybe I’m being a little emotional in the moment. But I won’t be one of the “he did great for us and he will always be adored for that” people.

He can stay and potentially be Jim Calhoun. The legend who will always be revered. He can own the state.

He can leave and he will just be a guy they hired who did a really good job while he was here. I won’t wish him ill will. But i won’t necessarily wish him well.

He will be a little dead to me if he leaves now. And I think most people will eventually come to feel that way.

Winning back-to-back titles = "did a really good job" lol

awy

Reaction Score
The usual complaints about NBA players not willing to buy in with a college coach is moot in this case. The players buy in to leCoach and LeCoach picked Hurley. There's a lot of buy in from the lakers ownership side because leGM is future looking with a soon to be rebuilding lakers team, with hurley at the helm. Lakers are extremely inept from ownership on down and this is another case of them failing upward, but it is what it is. DH will be free to build his pro organization over there.

this part is pretty much set in stone, the question is how can uconn benefit from this situation and what is to come. there is substantial upside here for uconn if they can reach some sort of agreement. maybe elevate Kimani to HC, Luke to head assistant, but luke works with both organizations. or the other way around.

Reaction Score
There are maybe 4 or 5 NBA Coaches that basically have complete control. Every other one is a cog in a machine. I think it is unlikely that Hurley will be allowed to bring his UConn staff with him. The Lakers will want an experienced NBA coaching staff on the bench with Hurley.
Lebron would have complete power. And I do not see Lebron taking getting yelled at by DH or anybody else. He can't be coached.

Reaction Score

Is a little dead to you the same as a little pregnant?

Reaction Score
Listening on ESPN rn....depressing
Because they're hoping with every fiber that this happens. Don't blame the Lakers because this would be a big splash. I don't think it would be a great fit for Dan and family but that's up to them. Hopefully there's a way to counter this offer and UConn basketball supporters, at the administrative, athletic, legislative and booster levels are working together to put together a comprehensive package. There's more riding on this than just basketball. And the Coaching Carousel is basically settled at this point.

Reaction Score

I think if he left a month ago then it wouldn't sting as much. If he leaves he's always welcomed back. He will be a good ambassador for the program. He deserves his chance at the NBA. The timing just sucks. The program would have been better off if he left for Kentucky. This also destroys Daves legacy. Not getting buyout money for Hurley, which could have been tens of millions of dollars, will be his biggest blemish.

Reaction Score
It doesn’t sound like it. Saying lebron will have to “buy in” to passing the ball is a take from someone who’s never seen him play and just hates him because he fees like he has to.
Ok, you know
Their offense is predicated on iso plays and pick and roll sets…..

The exact antithesis of the off ball screening movement base offense Hurley runs.

Ham has been repeatedly forced to change his offense in his 2 years, came in with the intention of running the four out one in motion offense, and actually had to deal with a pouting Lebron on the bench not paying attention to draw up plays by the time the season ended

But I don’t know anything

Whatever

Reaction Score
Nobody coaches Lebron.
Lebron runs the play when the coach calls plays. This is not true. @Tim_NBA the creator of BBall-Index literally tracked every single offensive possession the Lakers ran this season and found that the Lakers actually ran more plays when Bron was on the court than when he was off. Here’s one tweet about it, I can find another with the actual data if you want. x.com

As someone who has watched nearly every LeBron James game his entire career, this is not true. LeBron respects people with high Bball Iq and will always run plays that give him and his team an advantage when the coach calls for it. He is coachable and would to be coached by someone as smart as Hurley. Anyways, Bron has 2 years tops in LA.

Reaction Score

“A really good job”. Back to Back championships constitutes “a really good job” now?

Reaction Score
Ok, you know
Their offense is predicated on iso plays and pick and roll sets…..

The exact antithesis of the off ball screening movement base offense Hurley runs.

Ham has been repeatedly forced to change his offense in his 2 years, came in with the intention of running the four out one in motion offense, and actually had to deal with a pouting Lebron on the bench not paying attention to draw up plays by the time the season ended

But I don’t know anything

Whatever
Hate to break it to ya, offensive sets in the NBA are wildly different than college.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score

Ridiculous.

Reaction Score
It’s career suicide stepping into that job with Lebron at this stage of his career

Ask frank Vogel and Darvin ham.

It makes sense if they are moving on from Lebron. If makes NO SENSE if he signs an extension.
It’s clear you have no idea what you are talking about.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Ed Cooley? Don’t think so.
Although, on some levels, Kim English is pretty appealing, just because we can.

Reaction Score
I don't get the hate. The Lakers are doing what is best for them in an honest and forthright way, and Hurley may be on the threshold of making generational wealth. Be happy for Hurley. This is a guy who told a story of being at a gas station in Jersey or Pennsylvania during a recruiting trip and not having enough money to fill the tank, WHEN HE WAS IN HIS 30'S.

UConn will be fine. Next man up.
I think it’s a bad move going to that team, presently constructed.

But it’s just my opinion. I wish him well and HOPE he is as successful in the NBA as he was for UConn.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom