Lakers preparing offer for Hurley | Page 18 | The Boneyard

Lakers preparing offer for Hurley

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Thats because LeBron wants DH to work with his son
No way is LeBron going to be quiet on the bench even with DH there and try not to take over the coaching as he has done since his days in Cleveland.
Why not just make LeBron the player-coach????

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
We're basically screwed. Most portal players have already signed elsewhere and our guys are free to go wherever they want. If Luke becomes HC I can see enough guys staying to still have a good year but the worst case scenario puts us with no coaches and no players.

Best guess as suggested from a former very prominent poster... Go get pike from sunj and get Ace Bailey and Harper.

Reaction Score
I was going to say this
please say sike meme reaction Sticker for Sale by gabriellehull | Redbubble

Reaction Score
#5 in nba in iso points #2 is post points

They actually moved the ball better when he wasn’t in the game

Just because Lebron is great at both, doesn't mean he can't choose to favor one over the other depending on the game. That's what puts him on the Mt. Rushmore...lol

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
How many coaching careers has Lebron James killed so far? Hoping DH sees the writing on the wall and stays.
OTOH, Tyrone Lue just signed for $14M per.

Reaction Score
Especially a 40 year old Lebron. They’re gonna bank on Bronny James being the next guy to save that franchise? He wouldn’t even start on this UConn roster lmao
Hence why this move doesn't make sense to me.
The Franchise, yes, absolutely.
This team roster is a dumpster fire the second lebron leaves. Their young squad is insanely overrated.

Reaction Score
He also needs a new contract. In addition to talking about the right opportunity, he also talked -- last night -- about the upcoming UConn season in the first person plural.

Yeah I know you've convinced yourself he's gone. You've made that clear.

There's a lot for Danny to think about. It will be really hard to turn down that money but that's a tough gig right now.
Maybe this interest in the Lakers is due to our AD dragging his feet on new contract and him prioritizing Geno's contract?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Money is the last thing this is about. Money is a factor in keeping score. In stating a value and worth in a profession. So in that manner it is great for the ego to be recognized as the top of the top and is a factor in that manner. That is why UConn already shouldve made him the highest paid coach in college, major slip that this wasn't already done, but that's not why he'd go.

This is about personal goals and achievement.
Yes, I agree except that he needs to be top paid. Dan is making enough money for his lifestyle. He's not ditching Andrea for a Supermodel and buying an 80 foot yacht. If anything he might want more for his assistants and upgrades to Gampel. He wants to keep winning.

If this was the Knicks or Nets, I think he'd be gone. The Lakers and Celtics are probably the only other two franchises he'd consider due to legendary status. If this was Memphis, Atlanta, Orlando, OKC or some ordinary franchise I wouldn't be worried at all. I think there's really only 4 NBA jobs that could lure him away, Knicks, Nets, Celtics, Lakers.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Maybe this interest in the Lakers is due to our AD dragging his feet on new contract and him prioritizing Geno's contract?

Do you seriously believe that?

Reaction Score
It’s not career suicide. Blue Blood college teams would be lining up with bags of money if Hurley flames out in the NBA.
Those Blue Blood places would have to have an opening at the time. So play this out a little bit... He only completes 4 years out of the 7 in LA and gets fired at the age of 56. After a year off... Duke, Kentucky, Kansas and North Carolina have no vacancies. UCLA comes after him at that point. He takes the UCLA job at age 58...

This is really a last kind of decision for Hurley.

It's one of the scary things about the Lakers coming after him. He's 51 and not getting any younger which makes the timing of a move make sense.

If he finds himself coaching UCLA at age 58, the chances are super high he will never again experience the kind of success he has with UConn.

Which, I suppose, says a lot of very good things about UConn basketball.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I don't get the hate. The Lakers are doing what is best for them in an honest and forthright way, and Hurley may be on the threshold of making generational wealth. Be happy for Hurley. This is a guy who told a story of being at a gas station in Jersey or Pennsylvania during a recruiting trip and not having enough money to fill the tank, WHEN HE WAS IN HIS 30'S.

UConn will be fine. Next man up.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
No, I dont he will be able to dictate anything

But it also makes no sense for either side bringing him in under those conditions
That's true. Most of my Kansas fan friends know he'd never leave UConn but they'd love him to be the guy after Self. This is the only way that could happen. But I think Dan would probably do fine in the NBA. He's flexible. His offense at URI sucked. If Dan goes we should already have Luke signed at HC.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
This would be Luke’s chance to be our head coach and I know he’s young but… we would be set up for years. We don’t want this to happen but we need Luke here because he’s one of the architects of what we built the last 2 seasons.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom