Lakers preparing offer for Hurley | Page 167 | The Boneyard

Lakers preparing offer for Hurley

Reaction Score
giphy (6).gif

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
If Hurley goes with no replacement then The Yard will miss me (or not) for awhile.
BTW, the delay in knowing is perfectly reasonable as his agent irons out his new UConn deal.
I am starting to fall in the same camp as you and @UmaniZen. This could break a fans passion if it goes the wrong way.

I can see taking a break from caring if it happens like you note.

I won’t dislike Hurley but I have been bragging about the culture and brand he has built until people who do not care and then this happens during the me season.

I think he is coming back but if he leaves and in his wake there is a dumpster fire that could be a sign to become less invested contribute less etc.

Reaction Score
I just dislike the nba so very much. If this were Penders going to the mlb I'd be pumped. Because I love baseball.
I haven't followed the NBA in so long I can't remember, I'm not a Knicks fan, but they got me a little interest. They got bounced and I'm back to zero interest in the NBA.

back2BE4us

The Carpenter will carpent.
Reaction Score

I've been saying this everywhere. This revisionist perception of LA is just that and people who know better aren't fooled.

Maybe he takes the job but it's not because it's LA

Reaction Score
FWIW...

Just called my cousin who works at UConn...asked her if she had any Dan Hurley updates...her reply...

Who's Dan Hurley?

Hmmm...
Damn. Unless she is messing with us. Or really doesn't know. Which seems to be our fate during this saga

Reaction Score
FWIW...

Just called my cousin who works at UConn...asked her if she had any Dan Hurley updates...her reply...

Who's Dan Hurley?

Hmmm...
Need to know some context here.
Was she saying that she used to know him and now he is dead to her?

Reaction Score
I am starting to fall in the same camp as you and @UmaniZen. This could break a fans passion if it goes the wrong way.

I can see taking a break from caring if it happens like you note.

I won’t dislike Hurley but I have been bragging about the culture and brand he has built until people who do not care and then this happens during the me season.

I think he is coming back but if he leaves and in his wake there is a dumpster fire that could be a sign to become less invested contribute less etc.
Cannot disagree, unfortunately. And the likely fallout would be worse yet.

Reaction Score
Goodman saying the offer wasn't $100Ms

I can't remember where I read it, but I read somewhere that it was something like 6 years, 80 million. Don't quote me... just a vague recollection. Lakers are cash-strapped.

Reaction Score
Is it possible that radio silence and apparent delay is because UConn and Hurkey want to agree on contract terms before any decision is announced? It wouldn't make sense for him to announce that he's staying and then for Uconn to say we're still working on a contract.

Reaction Score
I can't remember where I read it, but I read somewhere that it was something like 6 years, 80 million. Don't quote me... just a vague recollection. Lakers are cash-strapped.
Trilly said on Discord it was like closer to 6/70

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
FWIW...

Who's Dan Hurley?

Hmmm...
Exactly…….we are all just “different” on this board.

Reaction Score
Regardless of outcome Fanta stock took a big hit during this saga.

Doesn't he work with Goodman? He was just doing a morning show run touting the $100 million contract.

Reaction Score
Yeah. I can't take ambiguity anymore. Can everyone stop speaking in code! Damn you genx and your weird way of communicating. Eggplants and peaches and all that nonsense.
FYI, peaches is a metaphor.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom