Lakers preparing offer for Hurley | Page 147 | The Boneyard

Lakers preparing offer for Hurley

Reaction Score
The players also turned down more lucrative offers elsewhere because DH asked them to come to UConn and play for him....those other offers they turned down are likely not there anymore or may be less now if DH bolts you clown boy.
define "more lucrative"?

Reaction Score
aerial view of a certain Glastonbury neighborhood tonight

hurleyhouse.jpg

Reaction Score
Sorry but don’t understand this take.

Having him here for another 2,3,4 years is better than rebuilding now. College athletics is a mess and there will be a lot of realignment over the next few years. Having Danny and Geno in place doesn’t mean we survive the coming storm, but it does give us the best chance. It helps us continue to rebuild our national brand. And if football can go 500 this year with a couple surprise wins we are beginning to build a base.
I want Hurley to stay but to say we aren’t gonna have downstream affects of this is nuts. If he comes out and says he’s signing a contract and this is it then we’re good. Dealing with this long term is def not ideal no matter what

Reaction Score
Harabaugh flirted with NFL like 3 straight offseasons at Michigan and it did not impact their recruiting. If anything it resulted in him finally winning the championship. If Hurley stays, this NBA flirtation has minimal impact on future.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
This thread annoys me. So many unnecessary duplicate posts. And it's moved so fast I can't even post a joke reply like Liza Minnelli singing "You Fascinate Me So" as the reference is like 8 pages ago and nobody will get it.

So I've decided to unfollow everyone who reposted stuff.

But I do have to address this one...
Ryan Gomes thinks he’s being sneaky by flipping his name backwards
Have you also figured out how not to lose at tic-tac-toe?

Reaction Score
I'm probably alone here but the term "Woj bomb" annoys me to no end. Was this an ESPN created phrase? So overused. If I never hear it again I will be a happy person.
Iirc it was done during one of the free agency periods a couple of years ago when Woj and Shams were going toe to toe on announcements. He might have still been at Yahoo Sports back then

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
When people ask Chuck Norris what time it is, he always says, "Two seconds til." And when people say "Two seconds til what?" he roundhouse kicks them in the head.

So...I think a lot can happen in two seconds...?
Well when I was a kid I learned the meaning of the word expedient when he said it in one of his movies. So who knows maybe I picked that up from him. Because I am pretty sure I watched all of his movies.

Reaction Score
To all of my "friends" who are so supportive of my opinions. @navery12 @superjohn @AntG168 @FearThePups @brasssbonanzaa among others.

I promise you this. If Danny's announcement tomorrow is he's going Lakers.. You won't have to worry about dealing with me on the Yard any longer.

If it's UConn. Business as usual
Umani, I wasn’t dissing your post when I pointed out I made those observations a few pages earlier than your post. Nothing acrimonious. Sorry if you took it that way.

Reaction Score
Harabaugh flirted with NFL like 3 straight offseasons at Michigan and it did not impact their recruiting. If anything it resulted in him finally winning the championship. If Hurley stays, this NBA flirtation has minimal impact on future.

It actually did hurt their recruiting. But their player development and scouting was so incredible it didn’t matter. I think it’s @HuskyWarrior611 who is a big UM fan and I think he would agree.

Reaction Score
We’re gonna get killed in recruiting if that’s the case. If UConn is gonna give him top dollar they should require a huge buyout
or, maybe we're getting more towards a players >> coaches league now and it's going to be more about getting paid and less about who the HC is, and this just speeds that (the diminishment of the coach) along?

Reaction Score
I'm probably alone here but the term "Woj bomb" annoys me to no end. Was this an ESPN created phrase? So overused. If I never hear it again I will be a happy person.
I think it organically arose on Twitter/Reddit a few years back. Just a typical joke being beaten into the ground once it goes mainstream.

Reaction Score
60/40 No says DH. Kind of bet on it for 3 peat.

Make Vegas work.

ps iterations provided by Nassim Taleb, who stands to make a fortune.

Reaction Score
Dan loving the attention, easy to see what he's doing
@Giddyup5 what are you so angry about regarding this post? This wasn't a knock on Hurley, just an observation that Hurley is maximizing all avenues to make sure his name and this story stays in the headlines as this plays out. Making sure he had the biggest newsbreaker in the sport break this story on the morning of game 1 of the NBA Finals was the biggest indicator.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom