Lakers preparing offer for Hurley | Page 144 | The Boneyard

Lakers preparing offer for Hurley

Reaction Score
If he’s dead set on going pro eventually then he should just go now. I want him to stay but we can’t have this uncertainty for the next few years. If Luke were to take over and we have a solid year then we’re in good shape. That’s our best bet of keeping the roster intact and moving forward.
Sorry but don’t understand this take.

Having him here for another 2,3,4 years is better than rebuilding now. College athletics is a mess and there will be a lot of realignment over the next few years. Having Danny and Geno in place doesn’t mean we survive the coming storm, but it does give us the best chance. It helps us continue to rebuild our national brand. And if football can go 500 this year with a couple surprise wins we are beginning to build a base.

Reaction Score
Seems like if it was a no we’d know by now. And you gotta wonder if the nba told the lakers not to make the announcement before game 2 like you stepped on game 1 .

But what do I know?

Reaction Score
The more I think about it, I think the Laker pursuit came from Dan’s camp. For two reasons. The first and obvious one is to have to state of CT go all in. Second, this only helps Dan’s NBA future. It shows genuine interest, by turning the Lakers down it actually raises his value, and it all but insures if the Knicks, Nets, Celtics, or Sixers becomes available, he is their first call. Win win for Danny. I can’t imagine in any way Danny or his father would be ok with walking away from potentially doing something legendary. If he wins 3 in a row, it’s extreme rarified air. He isn’t given that chance up for anything. Woj is a pawn who has a deep relationship w Bob Sr. and tonight seems to be switching his tune. It’s almost to script.

Reaction Score
It comes down to how much money is enough in life. As someone with first hand experience with chasing the most money, thinking I'd be happier, it doesn't work. Granted money is important and it's easier being rich than happy, but it's better to be rich AND happy.

Reaction Score
Sorry but don’t understand this take.

Having him here for another 2,3,4 years is better than rebuilding now. College athletics is a mess and there will be a lot of realignment over the next few years. Having Danny and Geno in place doesn’t mean we survive the coming storm, but it does give us the best chance. It helps us continue to rebuild our national brand. And if football can go 500 this year with a couple surprise wins we are beginning to build a base.
100%. Just Stay 2-3 more years. Go for the 3peat. Have a succession plan in place, and hopefully in that time we can join the acc once they lose fsu and Clemson

Reaction Score
This could be primarily wishful thinking, but I think he is staying and was probably never even truly considering leaving at this time. He would undeniably be letting down the team based on what he’s said regarding the pursuit of a three-peat, and it’s hard for me to imagine him being willing to do that. My only real doubts come from seeing how many people on here assume he’s leaving.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
I randomly saw this on the highway driving home from a lax tourney in Jersey. I choose to believe this is a (good) sign from the Gods….

IMG_5242.jpeg

Reaction Score
It comes down to how much money is enough in life. As someone with first hand experience with chasing the most money, thinking I'd be happier, it doesn't work. Granted money is important and it's easier being rich than happy, but it's better to be rich AND happy.
This decision is not about money. And you are correct, money does not make people happy. He enjoyed the vision and ego boost but is staying.

Reaction Score
Makes me think he has not actually made a decision. 2 reasons. If he turned it down There be big news about the next guy. 2nd if he accepted no way this sits with no leak or announcement.
Did y see the rumor about Wright to Lakers earlier in this thread

1999GoodSon

Lies, damn lies, and statistics.
Reaction Score
The story will be bigger tomorrow. Tonight, it's the Celtics Mavs. If he was going to the Lakers, they'd have announced it today and make themselves the lead story. Announcing what really amounts to "nothing happened" today falls flat. Dan will be around for awhile.

Reaction Score
The optimistic take is that his people are hammering out a deal with UConn and he gave them the weekend to do that
I can’t remember who he was interviewing with, maybe Dan Patrick soon after the Kentucky drama concluded. And DH said something to the effect of “I was caught off guard by the question in the national championship postgame and blamed my wife for not wanting to leave CT, and my agent wanted me to play the game and leave doors open so he could negotiate and I messed it up” blah blah

This is Danny and his agent correctly applying the leverage that he admits he butchered when Kentucky came calling.

Reaction Score
I can’t remember who he was interviewing with, maybe Dan Patrick soon after the Kentucky drama concluded. And DH said something to the effect of “I was caught off guard by the question in the national championship postgame and blamed my wife for not wanting to leave CT, and my agent wanted me to play the game and leave doors open so he could negotiate and I messed it up” blah blah

This is Danny and his agent correctly applying the leverage that he admits he butchered when Kentucky came calling.
Yes, that is why all of the talk that "it is up to Andrea" is BS. Danny himself admitted that he made that up.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom