2022 Recruiting: - Kyle Filipowski Update | Page 4 | The Boneyard

2022 Recruiting: Kyle Filipowski Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Nope. It's the way he moves and shoots. There are 100 tall white guys between the mid 90's and now that I could have named but I didn't. A couple weeks ago someone posted a highlight of a lefty player that moved herky jerky and shot just like Harden.
Just messing with you,

Reaction Score
Curley was a load. Very talented.. IIRC- JC and Howie were going after him pretty hard to come to Storrs before he decided on BC..
Beyond that actually. I'm quite sure the story goes that Curley had given JC a verbal (on a Saturday night IIRC), only to reverse himself the next day due to the immense pressure he was under to stay home and he then committed to BC. As can be imagined, Calhoun was not a happy camper!

Reaction Score
Sam dekker tall and white? Sam a little faster / more athletic and this guy a little stronger

Reaction Score
Who could pass and finish. He went to the Elite 8 with a bunch of guards.
But never beat UConn.
I don't know if Calhoun said or did anything to get his team extra fired up against bCU all those years, or if it was simply because Jim O'Brien was the coach, but bCU never beat UConn while Curley was there.
With him, UConn might have won another championship or two.

Reaction Score
Understand that Murray is on board and I think we have a shot here (no inside information, sorry). Even though we've been minimally mentioned in his recruitment, I think a similar situation went down on Bouk's recruitment and Kimani's move from Minnesota to UCONN.

Reaction Score
Makes sense actually, using Boneyard logic.
You see, Curley rhymes with Hurley, Hurley just hired a coach named Luke, Luke has a "k" in it, as does Kyle.
Now, with all the other professions represented on the BY, like teacher, doctor, lawyer, CPA, Financial Planner, BB Coach, School Nurse, Manager of an energy company, Manager of a music genre or Agent of a performer in that genre, Manager of 100 people in a corporation, we now have a Codebreaker.

What have I omitted?

JCSuperstar

Garbage Time All Star
Reaction Score
Now, with all the other professions represented on the BY, like teacher, doctor, lawyer, CPA, Financial Planner, BB Coach, School Nurse, Manager of an energy company, Manager of a music genre or Agent of a performer in that genre, Manager of 100 people in a corporation, we now have a Codebreaker.

What have I omitted?
Professional supporter/creeper of Instagram freestyle hip hop dance influencer community

Reaction Score
a freescooter
Is this a profession?

force friday bluegrass GIF

Reaction Score
Back to the OP for just a moment. Do Yarders see redundancy in Kyle and Alex's game/measurables or is there a distinct role for each of them to co-exist in the same lineup?

Reaction Score
Special talent. Lights out shooter and he moves so well for 6’10”. Sign him up!

Gimme CFJ, Clingan, Kyle, and Justice Williams or Karaban and we are loaded top to bottom into the 2022 season.

Reaction Score
Back to the OP for just a moment. Do Yarders see redundancy in Kyle and Alex's game/measurables or is there a distinct role for each of them to co-exist in the same lineup?

I can see Alex at the 3 and Kyle at the 4. With Adama and/or Clingan on the floor at the 5 that may not be the best defensive/athletic lineup but having CFJ and Samson at the 2 and 5 should help balance that.

Reaction Score
Nah. Frankly, you can't have too many shooters. Karaban is a 3/4 and Filipowski is a 4/5 anyways.
Would a class of karaban, filipowski, clingan, and Floyd be leaning too big heavy and would have needed a guard to balance things out. I’m saying this realizing we would be lucky to get all these guys but roster balance wise I am curious.

Reaction Score
Would a class of karaban, filipowski, clingan, and Floyd be leaning too big heavy and would have needed a guard to balance things out. I’m saying this realizing we would be lucky to get all these guys but roster balance wise I am curious.

I think it's about need. With Whaley and Polley leaving, and Springs probably not being a contributor, we have a bunch of time available at the 4/5, potentially. Akok/Johnson/Sanogo could be a great rotation but there's room for at least 1 more big. At that point we'd have a sophomore Diggins for a PG and Hawkins/Floyd to play the 2. I would imagine we want 1 more combo-type guard in 2022 if at all possible, or else a transfer.

Karaban is almost a direct replacement for Rese and Polley. I think we have a great pitch to him.

Clingan can only play the 5, same as Sanogo. He'll need to be sold on playing the backup for a year, maybe even 3rd string behind Johnson.

I think Filipowski is probably more 5 than 4 in college, but can play both. He would play really well with Johnson. It would allow him to defend the 5 on defense, and play the 4 on offense--big mismatch potential. IDK if he and Clingan are quite compatible. I haven't seen enough to say that for certain though.

No inside info at all. Just guessing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul