2022 Recruiting: - Kyle Filipowski Update | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2022 Recruiting: Kyle Filipowski Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Amen.
The question I would ask is whether the staff believes every player must be a superior athlete in spite of what other intangibles they bring. These kids (Karaban, Filipowski, etc.) are great players and are proving it in AAU and on their high school teams yet we hear nothing about them from a recruiting perspective regarding us.

Were Voshkuhl, Hamilton, El-Amin, Denham Brown, Napier, Oriakhi, Giffey, and Kromah great athletes?
He will probably end up at Creighton and kill us for years.

Reaction Score
A good friend of mines son plays football at the school and he's seen a few of their hoops games, said a year ago this kid was going to be special. Like Ricker said if we weren't on him someone is not doing their job. Size, can shoot and IQ have been something we've needed more of for a while. But again who knows we may be in anyway or there's no interest?

Reaction Score
that's progress. just need to get him on campus.

Reaction Score
To have Clingan, Filipowski, and Karaban, all in our backyard to supplement NJ recruiting opportunity. ( I know Karaban is now off to IMG). Clingan dominated Pittsburgh as MVP supposedly. You see Filipowski here. Karaban is 80% of Filipowski offensively and 120% defensively. Also shoots the 3 well and is hardnosed tough around the basket, and has equal footwork and moves to both Clingan and Filipowski in the paint. Less end to end ball handling, but a solid passer to play through. I would love to see all three together on a New England or National All Star team. It doesn't seem to be the destiny of UConn at least with Karaban. I noted on 1 roster that Filipowski may have a twin brother or close in age. Same 6'10 size and class. He was mentioned as a top 50 player in New England more than a year ago. Does anyone know if he has any of Kyle's ability? Have we put Sool and Floyd into recruiting mode here?

Reaction Score
To have Clingan, Filipowski, and Karaban, all in our backyard to supplement NJ recruiting opportunity. ( I know Karaban is now off to IMG). Clingan dominated Pittsburgh as MVP supposedly. You see Filipowski here. Karaban is 80% of Filipowski offensively and 120% defensively. Also shoots the 3 well and is hardnosed tough around the basket, and has equal footwork and moves to both Clingan and Filipowski in the paint. Less end to end ball handling, but a solid passer to play through. I would love to see all three together on a New England or National All Star team. It doesn't seem to be the destiny of UConn at least with Karaban. I noted on 1 roster that Filipowski may have a twin brother or close in age. Same 6'10 size and class. He was mentioned as a top 50 player in New England more than a year ago. Does anyone know if he has any of Kyle's ability? Have we put Sool and Floyd into recruiting mode here?

Matt (Kyle's brother) is a D1 talent, but not nearly the level of his brother. He's more of a low-major type guy from what I've seen. Maybe an Ivy if he gets lucky since supposedly they're pretty smart kids.

I don't know what offers his brother has. That's just the impression I've gotten from local people talking about him.

Reaction Score
To have Clingan, Filipowski, and Karaban, all in our backyard to supplement NJ recruiting opportunity. ( I know Karaban is now off to IMG). Clingan dominated Pittsburgh as MVP supposedly. You see Filipowski here. Karaban is 80% of Filipowski offensively and 120% defensively. Also shoots the 3 well and is hardnosed tough around the basket, and has equal footwork and moves to both Clingan and Filipowski in the paint. Less end to end ball handling, but a solid passer to play through. I would love to see all three together on a lNew England or National All Star team. It doesn't seem to be the destiny of UConn at least with Karaban. I noted on 1 roster that Filipowski may have a twin brother or close in age. Same 6'10 size and class. He was mentioned as a top 50 player in New England more than a year ago. Does anyone know if he has any of Kyle's ability? Have we put Sool and Floyd into recruiting mode here?

You and others have been on Karaban/Filipo, I think Scooper has a son that studies in the same school or something. Anyway these kids mentioned have all been lauded in some ways by posters here, media etc yet we don't hear too much on this end from our staffs work. Doesn't mean they aren't working them but I hope there hasn't been too much time working "their" backyard and not enough time working "our" own backyard. But we need to be able to entice local prep kids so hope we just aren't hearing of their efforts thus far.

Clingan, well this one is obvious!

Reaction Score
Do yourself a favor. Watch.

Hurley needs to reel this one in.

This kid is an absolute no brainer for Hurley to make a full court press on. He can actually shoot from deep and dribble the basketball!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom