2022 Recruiting: - Kyle Filipowski Update | Page 7 | The Boneyard

2022 Recruiting: Kyle Filipowski Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Guess he goes with Flip.. Flip it is
When I hear Flip I think of this guy so maybe another nick would be better.

Attachments

• MV5BMzYxYjI5M2QtOGUyZS00NTk5LTg0OTAtMmU3ZTFiMzc5NDYwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzU1NzE3NTg@._V1_.jpg
    MV5BMzYxYjI5M2QtOGUyZS00NTk5LTg0OTAtMmU3ZTFiMzc5NDYwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzU1NzE3NTg@._V1_.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 100
Reaction Score
If his name is Filipowski why are we taking to calling him Filo? Is it Fee-lo or Fy-lo? I’m so confused.
What's odd about skipping over one letter in his last name?

Jennifer Lopez is Jaylo so that is with 2 separate words, so why not a one letter skip in the last name for Filipowski?

At least Filo keeps the letter "i," but omits the "p" and jumps to the letter "o." Just skipping one letter actually.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score

Jennifer Lopez is Jaylo so that is with 2 separate words, so why not a one letter skip in the last name for Filipowski?

At least Filo keeps the letter "i," but omits the "p" and jumps to the letter "o." Just skipping one letter actually.

I was mostly kidding ... but J-Lo is literally her first letter and start to her last name, there's no skips anywhere. Same as A-Rod, D-Wade, etc.

Reaction Score

Kyle has a better handle and moves much better than I first thought. I think we are kind of loaded at the 4 spot though, and even though Filipowski might play as a stretch 5 or something, and I would really like to see him come here, I have my doubts whether he sees room for himself.

Clearly it would be awesome to get him.

Reaction Score
Kyle has a better handle and moves much better than I first thought. I think we are kind of loaded at the 4 spot though, and even though Filipowski might play as a stretch 5 or something, and I would really like to see him come here, I have my doubts whether he sees room for himself.

IMO he's 5 on defense and 4 on offense. I don't see him being able to guard 4s at this level at all. He's got great mobility, but not THAT great yet. But he IS quick enough that he could adapt to hard hedging in our defensive scheme without being as much of a risk to foul out like Sanogo is, and Clingan would be.

If he comes here, I envision a team his sophomore year where Akok and Sanogo are both gone to play pro and Fillipowski is ready to start day 1 his soph year (crossing my fingers on that one!). Johnson guards 4s on defense using his mobility and length. He's versatile enough to guard anyone, anywhere. Fillipowski guards 5s--at 6'10 240lbs (before a strength program), that won't be a problem for him.

This is GREAT because when other teams have their center in the PnR and Fillipowski is on the perimeter hedging, Johnson is going to be deep under the hoop ready to help. That puts our shotblocker in position to block shots at the hoop when guarding the pick and roll instead of beyond the 3 point line. This is the reason why we see us recruiting so many big 4s that can block shots rather than prioritizing shotblocker at the 5 IMO. Akok, Johnson, Taylor Bowen, etc. We're basically going after one every other class so we have 2 lanky, athletic 4s on the roster at all times.

Reaction Score

Help me out how we are loaded at the 4 spot when we only have 3 frontcourt players in total for 2022, and, Sanogo is a pure 5? Johnson and Springs are our only 2 other frontcourt players that are on the roster and likely to be here. Akok may be here or he may have graduated before the season starts. I don't see anything suggesting Filipowski would have any difficulty finding significant playing time.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

Post/handle?

Reaction Score
He looks like a spider. What’s his wingspan? Just watched the video. This kid is going to be a problem. It would be a great get.

Reaction Score
Help me out how we are loaded at the 4 spot when we only have 3 frontcourt players in total for 2022, and, Sanogo is a pure 5? Johnson and Springs are our only 2 other frontcourt players that are on the roster and likely to be here. Akok may be here or he may have graduated before the season starts. I don't see anything suggesting Filipowski would have any difficulty finding significant playing time.
I could be wrong about it, but Akok may not move on, and things seem promising for both Clingan and Karaban, straight center and a 3/4, so I guess it matters a lot on how things fall.

I'm convinced though that I spoke too soon, but I guess we shall see what happens.

Reaction Score
Trying to think who we've had in the past that compares to what we've seen thus far in Filipowski. He seems so confident and is such a complete player.
Cliff Robinson? Charlie Villaneuva? Travis Knight?
Maybe nobody when you consider what we've seen of his ability to shoot the ball, pass, handle the ball on the break and moves from the FT line.
It's hard to see how we could divide up the minutes with both DC and KF along with SJ, AA and Karaban........... :rolleyes:

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Trying to think who we've had in the past that compares to what we've seen thus far in Filipowski. He seems so confident and is such a complete player.
Maybe nobody when you consider what we've seen of his ability to shoot the ball, pass, handle the ball on the break and moves from the FT line.
It's hard to see how we could divide up the minutes with both DC and KF along with SJ, AA and Karaban........... :rolleyes:

Villanueva might be a solid comp. He was a top 10 rated recruit, so he's probably a higher level athlete but he was 6'10 or 6'11 with the ability to do a lot on the court, including shoot.

Reaction Score
I know that the position was different, but as far as skill set... maybe Nadav?

Reaction Score
Lets' settle on Bird.

Larry that is.

Reaction Score
Showing videos of those players to KF, for a hopefully official visit, would be a good recruiting pitch, including telling him he could be every bit as impactful as any of them.

Maybe Calhoun could be there at the visit to tell him that personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom