Kwintin Williams article | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Kwintin Williams article

Reaction Score
I keep saying it he remind me of Stix. If can come in and give us what Stix did his junior year - rebound, block shots, lock down on defense, and finish everything in the pain that would be great for the team

Yes if only someone who's played 1 year of organized basketball can give us what a 5 star player gave us his junior year of college.

Reaction Score
I keep saying it he remind me of Stix. If can come in and give us what Stix did his junior year - rebound, block shots, lock down on defense, and finish everything in the pain that would be great for the team
Because of the jumper I was thinking Shawn Marion. I expect the d to catch up

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Yes if only someone who's played 1 year of organized basketball can give us what a 5 star player gave us his junior year of college.
what I mentioned stix was known for. He didn't have a jumper but he was quick and athletic, just like kwintin but kwintin is larger

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
This kid will make me watch warm ups this Fall. If he puts a few of these down in a game, it will blow the roof off. Most are high on Zion as a power dunker, but this kid is a next level jumper with hang.

Reaction Score
I admit I have football of the brain but i can't help but think football when I see this kid.
Nasty TE or maybe even a big receiver.

Not to say I don't like him for the basketball team just I can't help but think football when I see him

Reaction Score
I admit I have football of the brain but i can't help but think football when I see this kid.
Nasty TE or maybe even a big receiver.

Not to say I don't like him for the basketball team just I can't help but think football when I see him

I think basketball. I see David Thompson, Clyde Drexler, Harold Miner, Julius Erving and Norman Bailey all rolled into one. Dickie V. is going to gush over this kid.

Reaction Score
I can't remember more of a wild card UConn basketball team.
They could either go to the sweet 16, or finish 13-17.
I'm excited.

I would be thrilled with a Sweet 16, but I think that's asking a lot from a team with only 2 players who have played more than a couple of games together.

Reaction Score
Size isn't a problem at all, the lack of experience could be a huge problem though. This is the least experienced team I've ever seen as a UConn fan.

I'm going to throw out the 2006-2007 UConn team that had only Adrien, Marcus Johnson, and Craig Austrie play minutes the year before.

The advantage this team has is that Jalen Adams is experienced and much better than post-injury, sophomore (but two years removed from basketball) AJ Price. CV has experience in the backcourt too, and Gilbert is a beast. You can overcome a lot of deficiencies if you have good guards, and next years team, barring injuries, will have guards.

Reaction Score
Stix wasn't a Big East caliber athlete. The question is will Kwintin be athetic enough for the AAC?
Pros
He certainly was a great prospect out of HS
He had a terrific year playing in a tough Juco league that many P5 schools use as a feeder
He has great athleticism.
He doesn't need to even have a jumper in fact all he needs is the ability to catch and with guards who can penetrate throw down.
Cons
He hasn't played in a pretty long time
I doubt if he is in game condition
He needed to be on campus in June
Is he displined enough to play team D
This guy is the biggest question mark on the team. He could be anywhere from abuse to a star but always fun.

Reaction Score
I'm going to throw out the 2006-2007 UConn team that had only Adrien, Marcus Johnson, and Craig Austrie play minutes the year before.

The advantage this team has is that Jalen Adams is experienced and much better than post-injury, sophomore (but two years removed from basketball) AJ Price. CV has experience in the backcourt too, and Gilbert is a beast. You can overcome a lot of deficiencies if you have good guards, and next years team, barring injuries, will have guards.
I think the 2012-2013 team that was banned(but was tourney worthy resume/play wise) is a better comparison. PG play that 2006-2007 year was a mess with AJ being a shell of himself and then Wiggins and Austrie backing him up, this team should be much further along with Jalen as one of the better guards in the country. I think a Adams/Gilbert/CV/Larrier core(Diarra might fight in there too the way KO has talked about him being a core piece in the offseason) compares favorably to the Bazz/Boat/Omar/Daniels/Giffey core of 2012-2013.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom