Kwintin Williams article | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Kwintin Williams article

Reaction Score
Size isn't a problem at all, the lack of experience could be a huge problem though. This is the least experienced team I've ever seen as a UConn fan.

The 2010-11 team was very inexperienced as well so there's hope. I'm disagreeing with you at all the inexperience will most likely affect this team as it did the 2010-11 team. But maybe with Adams carrying us and Larrier and Gilbert being the players we hope they are we can get in the tournament and make some noise.

Reaction Score
And damn, we really did pick up a lot of guys. If you a couple pan out, we could be alright.[/QUOTE]

This is my mantra, the thing I repeat to myself upon waking every morning.

Reaction Score
Size isn't a problem at all, the lack of experience could be a huge problem though. This is the least experienced team I've ever seen as a UConn fan.

*Not disagreeing

C

Chief00

Inflated yeah - Carlton is not 6-10

C

Chief00

As for Williams - you know Chief is the last one who is generally impressed with dunkers vs. basketball players. However, this dude is serious in the gym. If he applies this level of work to the skills side, he is going to be very special. Chief CONFIRMED!

C

Chief00

He's definitely a very hard worker and it looks like Kwintin is in a great S&C program. I'm optimistic. When does he get on Campus?

The thing he will have to learn to do is to spend the time working on stuff he is not already elite on and reign in the jumping a little and save it for games - that impact isn't the best thing for knees or backs long term.

Reaction Score
If he knows how to play the game, as in smart and fundamentally sound on both ends, they may have hit pay dirt.

I just don't think that's the case though. The kid has only played one year of basketball, literally.

He looks to be coordinated and maybe a little bit slightly athletic, which can make up for a lot. He has any high potential if hes willing to dedicate himself to the "boring" parts of the game. Drilling skills, rotations, footwork, etc.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
He looks to be coordinated and maybe a little bit slightly athletic, which can make up for a lot. He has any high potential if hes willing to dedicate himself to the "boring" parts of the game. Drilling skills, rotations, footwork, etc.

Waaat? He's one of the most athletic dudes I've seen in the last decade.

Reaction Score
With his athleticism, could he be similar to the college version of Cedric Ceballos?

Was trying to think of a similar player and that was closest I could come up with. Obviously Ceballos turned into a great pro and I'm not implying the same trajectory for this kid.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I keep saying it he remind me of Stix. If can come in and give us what Stix did his junior year - rebound, block shots, lock down on defense, and finish everything in the pain that would be great for the team

Reaction Score
I just don't think that's the case though. The kid has only played one year of basketball, literally.

Only 1 year in JC I know but by no means does that tell us anything about what he knows about the game. Granted he may be raw fundamentally but if he gets it he will learn faster than some who have donned the uni as of late. I don't know how anyone can say I don't think so with the minimal media we've been given? Seems like a hardworking intelligent kid, like his chances to be a 10-15 minute kid at the minimum. But who knows?

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Sarcasm.

gotcha. missed that. been arguing with other folks all morning, so i'm all locked in atm. No time for subtlety. Going back in now

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I keep saying it he remind me of Stix. If can come in and give us what Stix did his junior year - rebound, block shots, lock down on defense, and finish everything in the pain that would be great for the team

Probably more realistic to hope for Sticks as a freshman.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom