Kofi Illinois visit | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Kofi Illinois visit

Reaction Score
I think its also worth noting that no other crystal balls have flipped, just the Illinois insider who is a notorious last second flipper to get his numbers up.

Their board said there would be multiple crystal ball picks coming in for Kofi 48 hours after his visit and none have.

Kofi is enjoying the process and will probably take five visits; his mentor also likes the attention as well. It is his time in the spotlight too, but he has a long withstanding relationship with Hurley and Kimani, so I think at the end of the day it will be UConn. If Kofi does wait until April, it will be interesting to see whether or not the staff waits, or pushes for a Wahab commitment.

I was hoping some telling facts would come out after the visit and the keys I took away are:

KU really isnt in the picture, which I had heard, but that's good to hear from Kofi's mentor.

SJU isn't pushing as hard and got a recent center commit.

Finally, it sounds like Pitt is a distant second or third which is good news as well.

The NC State information is a non factor.

Reaction Score
Yes, Ren’s coach and famous “handler” of Jamaican kids. I would prefer not to know the exact details of how he operates.

All those handlers for foreign kids are sketchy. Extremely. Caring for the kids is secondary to $$$ every time

C

Chief00

All those handlers for foreign kids are sketchy. Extremely. Caring for the kids is secondary to $$$ every time

Come on Jamaican kids aren’t lost foreign kids. We have had some Jamaicans and they are as Americanized as US kids while keeping some culture.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
No worries. We can always host a BBQ with some left over pimento branches from yours truly @August_West

Ive got a couple in my garage still.

and my wife has the cones covered.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It’s an old article, but it lays out the Samuels-Memminger-Hurley connection. And, Memminger is a good guy. I worry way more about the guys who latch on to just one or two players and try to get their “share.” Other people really are committed to providing opportunities for kids, and what happens, happens. They may very well benefit, but it’s not the driving force.

Far From Home, but Almost There

C

Chief00

It’s an old article, but it lays out the Samuels-Memminger-Hurley connection. And, Memminger is a good guy. I worry way more about the guys who latch on to just one or two players and try to get their “share.” Other people really are committed to providing opportunities for kids, and what happens, happens. They may very well benefit, but it’s not the driving force.

Far From Home, but Almost There

This article supports what Chief has been saying - he’s a good dude.

Reaction Score
Kofi being so far behind Wahab in the recruiting process must complicate things, i.e. Kofi can still take 3 more OVs whereas Wahab took his 5th back in November. so how is hurley and co. juggling their differing timelines?

we all know the staff would rather land Kofi but they can't risk alienating Wahab in the process either. so assuming hurley is doing his level best to court both guys, then it's just a matter of who commits first, right?

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Kofi being so far behind Wahab in the recruiting process must complicate things, i.e. Kofi can still take 3 more OVs whereas Wahab took his 5th back in November. so how is hurley and co. juggling their differing timelines?

we all know the staff would rather land Kofi but they can't risk alienating Wahab in the process either. so assuming hurley is doing his level best to court both guys, then it's just a matter of who commits first, right?
We do not know that staff would rather land Cockburn.

Reaction Score
I've been honest about Carlton since the beginning and posters I respect continue to overrate him. I've consistently said he needs to be a backup center but in all honesty he wouldn't get any burn on a good UConn team.

Reaction Score
We need them both. Bad. There is plenty of time for both. No current front court members should be on the court next year.
How many times does it need to be said that they're both not coming here?

Reaction Score
I've been honest about Carlton since the beginning and posters I respect continue to overrate him. I've consistently said he needs to be a backup center but in all honesty he wouldn't get any burn on a good UConn team.
Totally with you. There are a good amount of players on this team that don’t see the court on many past UConn teams.
I’ve also been a defender of Jalen, and I still am to some degree, but boy has he plateaued. One thing I will say on his behalf though, everyone on this board calls for him to pretty much be God, and hit every shot, make no mistakes, etc. I’d like to mention the way Alterique and Tarin have been playing recently, because they aren’t giving this team
much help at all.

Reaction Score

I said he would be a fine backup C as an upperclassman. I was wrong. He couldn't carry Gavin Edwards's or Souleymane Wane's jock. Low-major player at best.

Reaction Score
I said he would be a fine backup C as an upperclassman. I was wrong. He couldn't carry Gavin Edwards's or Souleymane Wane's jock. Low-major player at best.

Just look at his body; he doesn’t work hard in the weight room at all.

Reaction Score
Or our first losing team. Brimah and facey. Makes me realize how can this team be over 10 wins when that team also had Rodney pride, Jalen Vance Enoch Durham

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Been 100% with you on this.

caw

Reaction Score

But Gavin and Wane both started as seniors.

Hard to tell how good either would have been as freshmen or sophomore starters especially in the BE as it was. Didn’t see a ton of PT based on who they were behind and neither was ready until later.

Carlton would probably look as good as either in the same role they had as Freshmen/Sophomores.

Only true way to tell is by letting time pass and seeing if he can progress further. One has to admit he has made strides between last year and this year. Although that basically means he has gone from being meh against all competition to being decent to good against bad competition.

Reaction Score
Totally with you. There are a good amount of players on this team that don’t see the court on many past UConn teams.
I’ve also been a defender of Jalen, and I still am to some degree, but boy has he plateaued. One thing I will say on his behalf though, everyone on this board calls for him to pretty much be God, and hit every shot, make no mistakes, etc. I’d like to mention the way Alterique and Tarin have been playing recently, because they aren’t giving this team
much help at all.

I agree with this for the most part. AG still has problems trying to get too deep on O doesn't know when to back out and Tarin isn't the same guy who started the season for us he's regressed a bit but he's a 3rd/4th guy. I don't think the expectations we had for JA were crazy, heck the coaches picked him 1st team in the league. No one expects him to be God or not make mistakes but stupid, consistent mistakes are frustrating and he's full of them this year. I guess I ask why can't he be the guy who played the first 15 minutes rather than the guy who played the rest of the game, throwing stupid passes and getting caught up in the air with nothing to do? He should be more the first 15 minutes guy than the latter no doubt but we aren't getting that or even close. This team looked woefully lost when USF started playing hard on each end, but there was no one there to stop the bleeding not a player, not a coach.

Not good whether we speak of JA or anything else at this point.

Reaction Score
much help at all.
We don’t expect Jalen to be God but maybe the best player or at least the best guard on the court once in a while.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom