Kofi Illinois visit | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Kofi Illinois visit

Reaction Score
Oh boy. It’s over
I don’t know man, I’m going to wait till he says it’s over. Before this visit Uconn was seen as the favorite. I don’t know how this visit could’ve swayed him so much.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
I heard Illini smoke before visit, but none of this scares me at all. Nothing definitive, update less optimistic than first is red flag for them, and all stuff you'd tell someone to be nice. Handler gave green light, but that's not necessarily unique or a high bar. He left without commitment.

Feeling fine.
Yea. Every time a prospect takes an official there’s a whole bunch of hoopla about that prospect and the school. Afterwards everyone talks about how well it went and a few “prognosticators” pick that school as the landing spot. There’s nothing out of the ordinary here.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I'm guessing he visits Pitt before making a decision. Will be disappointed if he picks them over us, but still think we have more to offer him.

Reaction Score
I heard Illini smoke before visit, but none of this scares me at all. Nothing definitive, update less optimistic than first is red flag for them, and all stuff you'd tell someone to be nice. Handler gave green light, but that's not necessarily unique or a high bar. He left without commitment.

Feeling fine.
This. Illinois needed to come out with a commitment. Other than that, this noise is nothing more than the handler preserving his relationship or earning his keep with Orlando Antigua. I would be shocked if he ends up there.

Reaction Score
Hey Kofi, come play for a team that will lose 18-20 games this year, currently has the 91st rated class (just edging out Penn), for a coach that might not be there next year.

It has been a minute since I have seen this much artificial smoke from a visit.

Like I have said, can never count OA out, but hard for me to believe that there is a real shot at them landing Kofi.

Reaction Score
Someone should ask Orlando what Oliver is up to these days.

Reaction Score
Hey Kofi, come play for a team that will lose 18-20 games this year, currently has the 91st rated class (just edging out Penn), for a coach that might not be there next year.

It has been a minute since I have seen this much artificial smoke from a visit.

Like I have said, can never count OA out, but hard for me to believe that there is a real shot at them landing Kofi.

Yes would for sure be fishy if he chooses them, and there would probably be some $ involved.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Doesn't matter what Josh does, he's never going to look like Enoch or Oriakhi.

Total agreement there. Was merely saying it's not even an apples to apples comp in a vacuum.

Josh has the frame for some muscle though. What he really could have used, above all else, was a freshman redshirt year...to add footwork, skills, strength and quickness. UCONN probably wasn't the right place for him at the time in that respect.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Apparently, his boredom wasn't confined to the hotel room . . .

Illini AD in this pic:
3144240.gif

Reaction Score
There are reasons for Kofi to chose any of the schools on his list and he likely already knows where he is going. It is the fans who hang on every word or action but don't have a clue about where he is going.

Reaction Score
After listening to this, sounds like Illinois basketball is currently a dumpster fire battling with Rutgers for worst team in the conference

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom