Kofi Illinois visit | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Kofi Illinois visit

Reaction Score
A clone of Azubuike? No. He is a bit like their backup center. Freshman, was a McD AA. David McCormack - Men's Basketball - University of Kansas Athletics

In any event, he wouldn’t start next year at KU.

I know he wouldn't start at KU. What is different stylistically about them as recruits? My take was based on the having the exact same recruiting rank with similar bodies as recruits and similar write ups. That said, I have never seen Cockburn play one minute.

I wouldn't expect Cockburn to be as good as UA. Just disagreed that Self couldn't fit him in stylistically. He certainly isn't a need with their depth but I bet he would thrive at KU if he waited for PT.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Either way, not worried about Illinois. No offense to Corey Evans, but he hasn’t exactly been the first guy to be in the know with these recruits this year.

Maybe it's just because I'm paying much more attention this year as opposed to the last few, but it seems like recruiting analysists and crystal ball guys are more hype-oriented than before. Pumping up fanbases/recruits rather than nailing the reality on the ground.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
By the way, has anyone watched Louisville lately? Enoch has put on lots of muscle mass compared to when he was here and Carlton sure doesn't look as if his nine months in the weight program has built him up in any significant way compared to Enoch and Oriakhi.

Josh is two years younger than Enoch. Came in with much less muscle on his frame. And most importantly, hasn't had a year and a half off to lift weights like Steve.

pj

Reaction Score
Doesn't matter what Josh does, he's never going to look like Enoch or Oriakhi.

Not true ... he may never look like them, but he has the capability to get much stronger.

pj

Reaction Score
Your response makes no sense.

I'll clarify. I think his lack of muscle is more a reflection of age, diet, lifestyle, and work over the last ~3 years than of genes.

Reaction Score
Josh is an under the rim player, but he still can end up very good. The thing is, I’d rather recruit another surefire starter than put the house on Carlton being a starter on a championship level team. A player like sophomore Carlton really should never be starting for a UConn team IMO. That’s not what got Calhoun to the heights he got to.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I know he wouldn't start at KU. What is different stylistically about them as recruits? My take was based on the having the exact same recruiting rank with similar bodies as recruits and similar write ups. That said, I have never seen Cockburn play one minute.

I wouldn't expect Cockburn to be as good as UA. Just disagreed that Self couldn't fit him in stylistically. He certainly isn't a need with their depth but I bet he would thrive at KU if he waited for PT.

Azubuike came in rather raw, but very athletic. He can run and jump well, but was learning the game. What I know of Cockburn (not much compared to many here) is that he is huge and imposing and has a strong skill set, but is less athletic.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
20CC0523-E314-453D-AA39-0B517F8F3631.png

Reaction Score
Assuming St. John’s and now Illinois are both out and Kansas has limited interest at this point, Pitt is the only decent threat with Kofi. I really like our chances.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Assuming St. John’s and now Illinois are both out and Kansas has limited interest at this point, Pitt is the only decent threat with Kofi. I really like our chances.
Hopefully Illinois hasn’t set the bar so low that Pitt looks great. The chatter from Pitt’s base is that he is planning on visiting sometime next month.

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
FWIW... picked up crystal ball from Illinois writer. He’s 10-10 this year but I can’t imagine kofi shared anything with him. Didn’t get access to why he picked Illinois. Losing to FAU and with a coach who might not be around next year couldn’t have left Kofi too confident with programs direction. But crazier things have happened.

Reaction Score
FWIW... picked up crystal ball from Illinois writer. He’s 10-10 this year but I can’t imagine kofi shared anything with him. Didn’t get access to why he picked Illinois. Losing to FAU and with a coach who might not be around next year couldn’t have left Kofi too confident with programs direction. But crazier things have happened.
Screenshot_20181230-222837.png

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom