Kofi Illinois visit | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Kofi Illinois visit

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
important to note that Illinois already has a 4 star true center committed for 2019(January) and starts a freshman at center now. So it’s not like they are as flush with playing time as we are, or Pitt.

Reaction Score
They are terrible and nobody in the state cares about Illini sports.
They have an insane cult twitter and Instagram following this year and it’s cringeworthy. I don’t think they should fire Underwood, and they clearly just need more talent, but the problem is he and Antigua can’t bring it in. I think him leaving Ok St after one year really hurt him on the recruiting trail.

Either way, not worried about Illinois. No offense to Corey Evans, but he hasn’t exactly been the first guy to be in the know with these recruits this year.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
That Corey Evans quote reads like somebody who wants you think he has info. Personally think he's guessing based on the latest visit.

Oh and I'm sure he's having fun talking to the AD, probably the most lit he'll get on his visit.

Reaction Score
Don’t mean to cross streams here ,.. but is Kansas actively recruiting kofi ? Or are they just on his final 5?

C

Chief00

He was significantly more aggressive and imposing than anyone we have now. AO doesn’t get nearly the credit he deserves for his freshman and sophomore years. He was better than player he was going against far more often than not. One of the better rebounders we have ever had.

He was a good rebounder - had trouble adjusting to playing with Dre although they both liked each other. Dre could do things Alex never would be able to and I think that made it difficult for Alex to fine the right role. Unfortunately, Calhoun was on the shelf for much of the season due to suspension and health issues. So they never got the chemistry going.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Don’t mean to cross streams here ,.. but is Kansas actively recruiting kofi ? Or are they just on his final 5?
He holds an offer but from what I gather they do not seem to be actively recruiting him. They run a P&R, guys like Kofi generally do not fit all to well in the their system. It’s thought to be a 3 horse race for Kofi; Good guys, Illinois and Pitt.

Reaction Score
He holds an offer but from what I gather they do not seem to be actively recruiting him. They run a P&R, guys like Kofi generally do not fit all to well in the their system. It’s thought to be a 3 horse race for Kofi; Good guys, Illinois and Pitt.

Kofi is a clone for their current starting center.

Reaction Score
He was a good rebounder - had trouble adjusting to playing with Dre although they both liked each other. Dre could do things Alex never would be able to and I think that made it difficult for Alex to fine the right role. Unfortunately, Calhoun was on the shelf for much of the season due to suspension and health issues. So they never got the chemistry going.

The replay of the 2011 Big East Semi-Final with Syracuse showed the enormous disparity in the size and strength of our past big men versus the boys of today. Oriakhi was a monster compared to Carlton and the others. Even Cobb is small compared to Big O's shoulders and arms.
By the way, has anyone watched Louisville lately? Enoch has put on lots of muscle mass compared to when he was here and Carlton sure doesn't look as if his nine months in the weight program has built him up in any significant way compared to Enoch and Oriakhi.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
So I happen to just catch Kofi live on Instagram from U Of I saying that some famous rapper named lil Reese was on his way to hang out with him. They are pulling out all stops!

C

Chief00

The replay of the 2011 Big East Semi-Final with Syracuse showed the enormous disparity in the size and strength of our past big men versus the boys of today. Oriakhi was a monster compared to Carlton and the others. Even Cobb is small compared to Big O's shoulders and arms.
By the way, has anyone watched Louisville lately? Enoch has put on lots of muscle mass compared to when he was here and Carlton sure doesn't look as if his nine months in the weight program has built him up in any significant way compared to Enoch and Oriakhi.
True, while Sal has to unteach all of Travis’s gymnastic based theories, he ultimately needs to demonstrate measurable results. It appears Cobb displayed these results but his basketball play can only be described as uneven but more bad than good.

Reaction Score
You can wait forever for Sal to transform Carlton's body and make him more explosive, you'll still always be waiting. Carlton is a nice backup.

Reaction Score
True, while Sal has to unteach all of Travis’s gymnastic based theories, he ultimately needs to demonstrate measurable results. It appears Cobb displayed these results but his basketball play can only be described as uneven but more bad than good.
It doesn't matter what a strength coach does, you just can't transform certain people and frames. Sal is a psycho football strength coach, he would have a field day with Kofi.

Reaction Score
St John's just signed a big man and the article said it basically puts St John's out of the Cockburn sweepstakes.

Reaction Score
So I happen to just catch Kofi live on Instagram from U Of I saying that some famous rapper named lil Reese was on his way to hang out with him. They are pulling out all stops!
Don't worry. We gave him unlimited bags of those lil Reese's peanut butter cups. Got that covered too.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
We can get him to hangout with Shamon Toolzzzzz

Reaction Score
He was there sitting next to the AD in the stands! They are all but on their knees for him.

We should play "caption this". AD...."I can wire $100,000 to my dummy account in the Bahamas".

Reaction Score
and FAU was without three of their starters. I have no intel on what Kofi really thinks but I never get too worked up over recruits who would choose a school a like this.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom