Kofi Illinois visit | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Kofi Illinois visit

Reaction Score
He OV'd to St. Johns, UConn, and Illinois I'm pretty sure. He'll probably take one to Pitt and Kansas before this is all over.
He has only officially visited UConn and now Illinois. He has unofficially visited St. Johns.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
We need kofi for the fact that he is a man child. He’s a bully and plays mean. When was the last time we had that? 2009? If he can finish around the rim, rebound, and play defense that’s a perfect fit. Surround him with long big athletic shooters and we’re good

Reaction Score
A post in which women are referred to as “shrapnel”? Gross. Again, I know everyone is anxious for a big, but I’d save my worry until all of the primary and secondary targets committ elsewhere- and that hasn’t happened or even come close to happening. I also got a chance to watch Jalen Gaffney live the other day and was very happy with what I saw.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Oriakhi for part of 2011 played that role pretty well -- the kid was boarding like a machine. But not on Adrien's or hopefully Kofi's level.
I really just mean the “bully” factor

AO, despite his size, wasn’t the most physically aggressive or imposing big. Remember how often he couldn’t finish or rebound through contact?

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I really just mean the “bully” factor

AO, despite his size, wasn’t the most physically aggressive or imposing big. Remember how often he couldn’t finish or rebound through contact?
Still...................
Better than what we can put on the floor right now

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Still....
He was significantly more aggressive and imposing than anyone we have now. AO doesn’t get nearly the credit he deserves for his freshman and sophomore years. He was better than player he was going against far more often than not. One of the better rebounders we have ever had.

Reaction Score
Still....
Hey at least Cobb has some dog in him.

Anyone think he could outplay AO? I remember a lot of weak games against lesser opponents from AO

Reaction Score
He was significantly more aggressive and imposing than anyone we have now. AO doesn’t get nearly the credit he deserves for his freshman and sophomore years. He was better than player he was going against far more often than not. One of the better rebounders we have ever had.

Noon on New Year's Day to see Oriakhi in game 4 of the 5 game run to the Big East Championship. He got a lot of praise from the announcers for his play in the tournament to that point.

Reaction Score
From Corey Evans at Rivals on Cockburn's recruitment:

Have been hearing Illinois chatter of late. Not sure if it is because of his current visit there or not but does look as if the Illini have some momentum in their favor.

Last edited:

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
A post in which women are referred to as “shrapnel”? Gross. Again, I know everyone is anxious for a big, but I’d save my worry until all of the primary and secondary targets committee elsewhere- and that hasn’t happened or even come close to happening. I also got a chance to watch Jalen Gaffney live the other day and was very happy with what I saw.
Gross? Can you offer a better description? Attractive coeds throwing themselves at a recruit and his 5’8 , average looking sidekick also getting a lot of attention. I thought it was descriptive not derogatory.

NowInStorrs

The truth is out there.
Reaction Score
And Illinois lost to FAU in OT. Think Kofi was there?

Reaction Score
Gross? Can you offer a better description? Attractive coeds throwing themselves at a recruit and his 5’8 , average looking sidekick also getting a lot of attention. I thought it was descriptive not derogatory.

College students having fun. That’s how I would describe them.

Wordbomar

"Walker on McGee with four.."
Reaction Score
Starting to feel a little nervous with all this Illini chatter... I trust our insiders, but Illinois seems to be rolling out the red carpet for him big time. Hope this doesn't drastically change things.

Reaction Score
Starting to feel a little nervous with all this Illini chatter... I trust our insiders, but Illinois seems to be rolling out the red carpet for him big time. Hope this doesn't drastically change things.
They can’t even out recruit Depaul in their own state. This is just desperation and it’s pretty hard to watch. Underwood seemed so legit at SFA and then Oklahoma St, but Illinois has arguably been worse since he arrived.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Besides Cockburn though, what the heck is going on at Illinois? I just want to reiterate Florida Atlantic was missing their 2 leading scorers!

Yeah, that was horrendous.

Reaction Score
Not worried about chatter happening while he's on a visit at the school, I'd expect nothing less

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom