Kofi Final 5 | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Kofi Final 5

Reaction Score
A glowing review!

Just the truth. Those are valid concerns with Kofi, and they already have a prospect that fits that same mold. We offer Kofi way more PT his freshman year. We have way more needs in our front court than Kansas does.

Reaction Score
i dont agree with the KU fans i'm just saying that sounds more like a scouting report of cobb than the program trajectory changing player most of us are hoping kofi would be. swanigan was also an old school big with defensive liabilities but that didn't stop him from becoming a first team all american.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I mean he was never going to be Shaq lol, hes a borderline 5 star high end 4 star. If he ends up at UConn I expect him and Junior Josh Carlton to be about the same type of player production wise. There is also no reason to pretend that at this point in our rebuild that players that are not number one on Duke or Kansas' wishlists wouldn't be massive contributors for us.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
He can always take another unofficial visit to UConn since he is so close by. So the early visit doesn't bother me at all.

StingLykOllie

How do I change my name...
Reaction Score
sooo he's eric cobb?? i'm hoping for caleb swanigan

My honest thought the other day was that if Kofi could be a Arizona/Syracuse Cobb on a more consistent basis for the year plus another year of experience Carlton, I'm pretty sure everyone would sign up for that frontcourt.

Reaction Score
Another Pitt player transferred opens up scholarship and playing time

Reaction Score
So talking with a few of my connected friends at Kansas, Kofi is their last resort. They see him as an extreme liability for PnR defense, and dont think he will contribute much on the offensive end because he won't physically dominate other colleges front courts like he can currently. David McCormack (similar rating and build as Kofi) is struggling to see the floor because he is raw and slow on the PnR.
I 1,000% want him at UConn, but I think there's some validity to those concerns. The NBA draft is about potential, not production, so I'm not saying he can't or won't get drafted after 1-2 years. I just think he's going to need more time to adjust to the college game than others do.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
They made the final 4 last year, no?

They’ve also had some brutal first round exits when they’re one of the 5 best teams in the country, and usually higher than that (a 1 seed).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom