Kofi Final 5 | The Boneyard

Kofi Final 5

Reaction Score
Per Andrew Slater on twitter

6’11” Top 30 Kofi Cockburn @kxng_alpha of @NYRhoops & Oak Hill Academy’s Final 5:

#Pittsburgh

#UConn

#Illinois

#SJUBB &

#Kansas

-Illinois official visit 12/28-30

-Official visits being set up to Pittsburgh, St.John’s & Kansas

Reaction Score
So Kansas might snag him and precious from us?

Look at the bright side (and by stating this I am certainly NOT saying we have lost either Kofi or Precious to them yet, because we still have a legit shot at both)...
At least now we would be back to losing recruiting battles to the blue bloods again, and not the likes of Texas Tech (Moretti), LSU (Waters) and Rutgers (Mathis). RUTGERS, for god's sakes!

Even with Pikiell they still can not win a big game to save themselves, but could beat us in an important recruiting battle against our last regime.

Reaction Score
I feel like we already knew this was the five so no new news here. However, UConn being so early on the OV is a bit worrisome. Trust in Hurley tho. Big time recruits are starting to get scared off from the major programs like Kansas Bc of playing time. Has an immediate spot here. Although still don’t feel great about Kofi. Curious who we pivot to if we miss out on him. Kansas being involved even with what I said is nerve wracking

Last edited:

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
I would think it comes down to us and Kansas. They are the only one that concerns me. It depends how hard they recruit him/what other options they have/who returns from the front court. I'm assuming Azubuike leaves, but maybe not? Plus they have another top 50 freshman center McCormack who I'm guessing will be back next year. If Kofi wants a brand name school with a lot of playing time to offer and the potential for a very good team, then I like our chances.

Reaction Score
Look at the bright side (and by stating this I am certainly NOT saying we have lost either Kofi or Precious to them yet, because we still have a legit shot at both)...
At least now we would be back to losing recruiting battles to the blue bloods again, and not the likes of Texas Tech (Moretti), LSU (Waters) and Rutgers (Mathis). RUTGERS, for god's sakes!

Even with Pikiell they still can not win a big game to save themselves, but could beat us in an important recruiting battle against our last regime.

Losing a recruit to Rutgers truely felt like rock bottom.

Reaction Score
I would think it comes down to us and Kansas. They are the only one that concerns me. It depends how hard they recruit him/what other options they have/who returns from the front court. I'm assuming Azubuike leaves, but maybe not? Plus they have another top 50 freshman center McCormack who I'm guessing will be back next year. If Kofi wants a brand name school with a lot of playing time to offer and the potential for a very good team, then I like our chances.
Still. Early OV is concerning. Recency bias is a major factor. Doesn’t seem that he will choose UConn but I’m happy we are involved. We didn’t whiff on the major big man. I think Evans predicted UConn gets at least one of Akok Cockburn and Precious so if we miss on the other two nbd.

Reaction Score
Still. Early OV is concerning. Recency bias is a major factor. Doesn’t seem that he will choose UConn but I’m happy we are involved. We didn’t whiff on the major big man. I think Evans predicted UConn gets at least one of Akok Cockburn and Precious so if we miss on the other two nbd.
Jk I honestly have no clue

Reaction Score
I'm taking this as good news that he has decided not to wait for an offer from Kentucky.

The offer could still come and then who knows, a top 5 doesn't actually mean anything. But he's proceeding as if it won't.

Think we're in good shape here.

Reaction Score
I'm taking this as good news that he has decided not to wait for an offer from Kentucky.

The offer could still come and then who knows, a top 5 doesn't actually mean anything. But he's proceeding as if it won't.

Think we're in good shape here.

I think being in a recruit's Top 5 and getting him to come on an OV means quite a bit. I really like UConn's chances.

Reaction Score
I remember reading a month or so ago an article that KU had stopped recruiting him. Even if they are recruiting him again it’s hard to believe they will have a lot of playing time up front. If Doke, Lawson, Di Sousa return with McCormick and lightfoot and if they do land Matthew Hurt. I like our chances against the other schools

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I feel if he goes to Kansas he’ll be recruited over or coming off of the bench. If he goes to St Johns or Pitt he won’t develop. Illinois no one will hear about him

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
To have a guy like Kofi who will command attention inside will open things up so much for our perimeter guys. His skill set, coupled with Akok’s ability to stretch the floor, would be a nightmare to try to cover and that’s before you even get to our guards.

Please, please close this one.

Reaction Score
Flat lands and tornadoes. I would hope we have the edge.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Flat lands and tornadoes. I would hope we have the edge.

Campus is anything but flat. I think @RayIsTheGOAT had it about right. UConn probably has more playing time. On the other hand, Self has done well by the centers he’s had and put in the league.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Wondering if St John’s and Pitt are even getting visits. Would it surprise anyone if he makes his decision after the Illinois visit?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom