Kofi Final 5 | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Kofi Final 5

Reaction Score
Word I hear is we greatly lead with Kofi

Love to hear that, but I always find it bizarre how recruitment is described with the vocabulary of a race.

- "We lead with Kofi"
- "Syracuse was in the lead, but we've really made up ground in the last few months"
- "I can't believe we were overtaken by so-and-so"

We're talking about a yet-to-be-made decision of an 18-year-old kid. Until a decision is made, which has an endpoint entirely at the discretion of the kid himself, and which has basically a binary outcome (he comes here or he doesn't), it's pretty meaningless to say some school is "ahead" or "behind".

Reaction Score
Winning the rings is all that matters. 4>3. It's entirely possible to be a passionate UConn fan without saying dumb things about the competition.

Winning rings in college is big for the fans. Winning big contracts in the NBA is about all that matters to many of these kids. College basketball is a means to an end.

Reaction Score
I wish he’d commit sooner so we can throw everything we have on Precious.
The beauty of having 3 commits locked up already, along with the fact that we are only pursuing 4 recruits currently is that the coaching staff has the time and resources to recruit precious as hard as any program out there.

Getting Kofi would also help in landing Precious.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
The beauty of having 3 commits locked up already, along with the fact that we are only pursuing 4 recruits currently is that the coaching staff has the time and resources to recruit precious as hard as any program out there.

Getting Kofi would also help in landing Precious.
Yeah its nice to have 3 commits BUT none address the most glaring need on this team - a big
all the time and effort may not get them what they need - unfortunately
but I keep my fingers crossed that we land at least 1 of the 4
to be honest, I view the Akok situation as tenuous at best - just a gut feeling

Reaction Score
Yeah its nice to have 3 commits BUT none address the most glaring need on this team - a big
all the time and effort may not get them what they need - unfortunately
but I keep my fingers crossed that we land at least 1 of the 4
to be honest, I view the Akok situation as tenuous at best - just a gut feeling
Amazing you would post this but not all that surprising.

Reaction Score
just did a quick survey of the top 50 or so recruits from this year. relatively few took 5 OVs so it's a small sample size. But of those that did take 5, the order of the visits doesn't seem to correlate with their final choice. Here's a list showing which of their 5 visits the recruit used to visit their final choice:

James Wiseman- 5th visit
Vernon Carey- 4th visit
Trace Jackson Davis- 4th
Akok Akok- 3rd
Jeremiah Robinson Earl- 2nd
Zeke Nnaji- 2nd
Jahmius Ramsey- 1st

Last edited:
Reaction Score
So talking with a few of my connected friends at Kansas, Kofi is their last resort. They see him as an extreme liability for PnR defense, and dont think he will contribute much on the offensive end because he won't physically dominate other colleges front courts like he can currently. David McCormack (similar rating and build as Kofi) is struggling to see the floor because he is raw and slow on the PnR.

It really just sounds like Kofi wanted another blue blood to put on his list of final five.

I just hope KU doesnt drag him along and make him wait till they exhaust all their front court options, and he waits till late spring to announce.

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
I just hope KU doesnt drag him along and make him wait till they exhaust all their front court options, and he waits till late spring to announce.

I assume that Hurley and staff express that exact same concern to him on a daily basis.

Reaction Score
So talking with a few of my connected friends at Kansas, Kofi is their last resort. They see him as an extreme liability for PnR defense, and dont think he will contribute much on the offensive end because he won't physically dominate other colleges front courts like he can currently. David McCormack (similar rating and build as Kofi) is struggling to see the floor because he is raw and slow on the PnR.

It really just sounds like Kofi wanted another blue blood to put on his list of final five.

A glowing review!

Reaction Score
With regard to the order of visits it's generally accepted amongst bb recruiters
that the best position is LAST and if that can't be arranged then the next best is FIRST.

Reaction Score

Roller coaster of emotions for a UConn basketball fan in there

Reaction Score
They see him as an extreme liability for PnR defense, and dont think he will contribute much on the offensive end because he won't physically dominate other colleges front courts like he can currently.

sooo he's eric cobb?? i'm hoping for caleb swanigan

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom