Kofi Final 5 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Kofi Final 5

Reaction Score
Wondering if St John’s and Pitt are even getting visits. Would it surprise anyone if he makes his decision after the Illinois visit?
Pitt will def get a visit Bc they are going all out on him. If I were to rank the current schools in terms of lean: Kansas/ UConn toss up, Illinois, Pitt, St Johns

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Screw Kansas. They are a perennial top 5 team and have 1 championship in the past 25 years to show for it. They are a media hype machine that always ends with a "shocking" loss to an 8 seed in the tourney. Sure Bill Self is a good coach in the regular season, but he can't coach when it counts. Come to UConn if he values a winning culture!

Reaction Score
We are ahead of Kansas as of now. We are outworking everyone, including them.

Obviously Kansas is a program that is difficult to turn down, but does he have any personal connections to the school or staff? Maybe oak hill is close with that staff?

It sounds like we are very well connected with his guardian (I think), he is friends with facet, and we are obviously closer to NYC, and have taken in Christ the king players before.

Reaction Score
Obviously Kansas is a program that is difficult to turn down, but does he have any personal connections to the school or staff? Maybe oak hill is close with that staff?

It sounds like we are very well connected with his guardian (I think), he is friends with facet, and we are obviously closer to NYC, and have taken in Christ the king players before.
It’s really hard to gauge Kansas rn. Can’t really decide interest until he has an OV and has some quotes. V murky so far

Reaction Score

Well connected between Hurley and also Kimani Young. He is our number one priority. Kansas has others ahead of him.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Screw Kansas. They are a perennial top 5 team and have 1 championship in the past 25 years to show for it. They are a media hype machine that always ends with a "shocking" loss to an 8 seed in the tourney. Sure Bill Self is a good coach in the regular season, but he can't coach when it counts. Come to UConn if he values a winning culture!

I’m 100% hoping he comes to UConn but “a winning culture”, if that’s what he values most he’d go to the school that hasn’t failed to get into the NCAA tournament in 29 years (this year will be 30) and hasn’t failed to win the league regular season championship in this century. That’s the definition of a winning culture.

It’s entirely possible to be a passionate UConn fan without saying dumb things about the competition. The fact that we are in this against KU, and possibly leading, is a tremendous positive compared to recent years. Especially for a big, given that Self has a strong history of featuring his bigs.

Reaction Score

I believe McCormack went to Oak Hill. If Azubuike leaves it'll carve out time for Kofi. There is also a 5 star C from Kansas in the 2020 class N'Faly Dante who has discussed moving to 2019, Kansas and Kentucky would be on him. Precious to Kansas scares me way more because of their rich history with SF/PF.

Reaction Score
I get dumping on Kentucky and a few rivals, but why everyone is dogging Kansas, I'll never understand.

There are two programs that haven't had an extended 'down period' in the last 25-30 years and one of 'em is Kansas. UNC had a down period. Kentucky's had a pair. UConn is coming out of one. UCLA has had multiple. Kansas hasn't.

So I dunno - unless your goal is to embarrass yourself, I don't really get how saying Kansas lacks a 'winning culture' is saying anything productive.

Reaction Score
From all I can gather, I think he likes it here, but I don't sense a lot of enthusiasm about it.

I feel like he WANTS to go to Kansas, I just don't think they're going to have room for him/have other targets/that they'll get around to him. You have to figure Pitt has to hit on SOMETHING at some point, but right now - if you're looking at us or Pitt, we're clearly closer to competing and offer just as much playing time right now. I think St. John's is on there because he needs a fifth school in his 'top five.'

I think it's us or Illinois. I know he's got some ties out there.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
AC6A4498-4B40-464C-B020-7795B70B5CDC.jpeg

One of my favorite memories at KU was this bar after a big game, basketball or football. This is today post Nova win.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
I’m 100% hoping he comes to UConn but “a winning culture”, if that’s what he values most he’d go to the school that hasn’t failed to get into the NCAA tournament in 29 years (this year will be 30) and hasn’t failed to win the league regular season championship in this century. That’s the definition of a winning culture.

It’s entirely possible to be a passionate UConn fan without saying dumb things about the competition. The fact that we are in this against KU, and possibly leading, is a tremendous positive compared to recent years. Especially for a big, given that Self has a strong history of featuring his bigs.

Winning the rings is all that matters. 4>3. It's entirely possible to be a passionate UConn fan without saying dumb things about the competition.

Reaction Score
It absolutely kills me when they refer to Kansas as a blueblood

Reaction Score
Hopefully no recruit interested in Kansas and the good guys will be swayed in his decision by comparing today's on-court performances.

Reaction Score
If anyone watched the Villanova Kansas game yesterday, you will understand why it’s tough to say no to Kansas. That arena was ROCKING. State loves basketball and that team unlike anything else. That said, kofi, we are going to be stacked next year - join for the ride

Reaction Score
If anyone watched the Villanova Kansas game yesterday, you will understand why it’s tough to say no to Kansas. That arena was ROCKING. State loves basketball and that team unlike anything else. That said, kofi, we are going to be stacked next year - join for the ride
Besides our connections, the big thing we have is playing time.

Reaction Score
It absolutely kills me when they refer to Kansas as a blueblood
Why? 2nd all time in wins, 3rd all time in win %, 1st in conf championships, 7th in NC. Do they underachieve in the tourney? Sure, sometimes, but they still win a ton...no brainer here calling them a blue blood

As it relates to Kofi they play a style that utilizes bigs and also have much more success recently getting bigs to the NBA. Will be a huge get and message on the recruiting trail to bring him to Storrs over KU

pj

Reaction Score
More than wins, Kansas has history. 6 years after inventing the game of basketball, James Naismith moved from Springfield to Kansas to work at the University of Kansas. Basketball was played in YMCAs and by women before then, not at universities. So Kansas was the first university at which basketball was played. It was really at KU that the modern game of basketball was developed, including many of the rules -- for example, there was no dribbling until Naismith went to Kansas.

Phog Allen, who succeeded Naismith as coach at Kansas, was not only a famed coach but also an evangelist for the game who got basketball accepted as an Olympic sport and served as US Olympic team coach.

By comparison, UCLA is a flash in the pan, it was successfully only for a short period under John Wooden, a success tainted by payments to players. Similarly with Duke, largely a one-coach school, and we'll probably find that they've been paying players.

If there are any blue bloods in college basketball, Kansas is one.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Maybe kansas doesn’t have the titles we have but tv and media coverage is a big deal to today’s players, and being in the top 15 and the tourney every year. They are higher profile than we are and there isn’t even an argument here. The highest profile teams in the country are and have been Duke, Carolina, Kentucky and Kansas. If he starts and gets PT on Kansas how do we counter that?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom