Kofi Cockburn | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Kofi Cockburn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Jake was a pretty big and strong guy. Ask Elton Brand or some dude who ran into a Jake screen. Emeka is another one, who really worked in the weight room at UConn. Pat Calhoun has always said Andrew Bynum was the biggest guy they ever had at their house.

Jake was very strong and tough, did all the little things. When people like Brand tried to bounce him back with a power dribble he hardly budged. One of our best pure low post defenders ever, very underrated as to the impact of his position for the our first NC.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Jake was a pretty big and strong guy. Ask Elton Brand or some dude who ran into a Jake screen. Emeka is another one, who really worked in the weight room at UConn. Pat Calhoun has always said Andrew Bynum was the biggest guy they ever had at their house.

Think Pat ever compared notes with Mrs. Fine? Rumor has it she had some big guys at her house.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Thank you. :)

(My avi and my persona here may make me appear dumb, but really guys, that's intentional. I'm not that disconnected. ;))

Sorry. On this board I have no idea who actually follows the women.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Announcer at around a minute needs to get a timeout for potty mouth.

But Kofi is a big boy. Trying to think of a few comps but he’s a good deal thicker than many bigs that size, but he’s not doughy by any means. I don’t see a Patric Young muscle monster either.

Reaction Score

Very true about Voskuhl and Okafor. I guess what prompted my comment was how this kid looks in high school. It seems Jake and Emeka took a couple years to develop like this and I recall my friends and I commenting that Emeka didn't seem able to dunk as a freshman.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Jake was very strong and tough, did all the little things. When people like Brand tried to bounce him back with a power dribble he hardly budged. One of our best pure low post defenders ever, very underrated as to the impact of his position for the our first NC.
And one of the best outlet passers we've ever had.

Reaction Score
Sure, but how many other than Diallo did we even think we had a prayer at?

Swinging is one thing, making contact is another. I have a feeling when Hurley swings, he’s going to hit more often than not.
Right. That was my under elaborated point. Figured it was self evident.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Swinging is one thing, making contact is another. I have a feeling when Hurley swings, he’s going to hit more often than not.

idk about that. If we are swinging for 5stars, then you hope he gets some hits, but it def won't be more often than not.

Reaction Score
Andrew Bynum, where are they now?

Reaction Score
UConn hasn't had a center like him since Calhoun retired. Long ago are the days UConn led the country in blocked shots. They haven't had a big athletic shot blocking force in years. It seems a big shift in roster composition happened under Ollie. Too many skinny frail kids. This would be a huge get! and much needed!

MrP

Reaction Score
Very true about Voskuhl and Okafor. I guess what prompted my comment was how this kid looks in high school. It seems Jake and Emeka took a couple years to develop like this and I recall my friends and I commenting that Emeka didn't seem able to dunk as a freshman.

You and your friends couldn’t be more wrong. Dude was jacked from day 1. I should know, he came into my dorm room shirtless on the first day of class to ask to borrow pen and paper, while we were sleeping. Scared the crap out of us - we had no idea who he was

Reaction Score
I saw Emeka play as a freshman at University of Arizona and he was a solid guy already. This is still the best game i ever saw live. An Arizona fan leaned over to me after the game and said Emeka and Ben would win a national championship someday.
That game was amazing remember it well. Was that the game fort the ead was founded on boneyard?

Reaction Score
Do we have insight on how we stand with him? Are we going up against the big boys of UK and Puke and is there mutual interest with him?

Reaction Score
You and your friends couldn’t be more wrong. Dude was jacked from day 1. I should know, he came into my dorm room shirtless on the first day of class to ask to borrow pen and paper, while we were sleeping. Scared the crap out of us - we had no idea who he was

Sorry, my reference was meant to be that Jake was not as developed physically as a freshman as Cockburn is in high school and Emeka not being able to dunk as a freshman like Cockburn is doing in high school. If you go back and watch some games I think you'll see what I mean. He was strong but for some reason was unable to get up and dunk as Cockburn does in this video.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom