Kofi Cockburn | The Boneyard

Kofi Cockburn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Yes, please.

I have no clue if any of these guys will make it to Storrs, but it’s so nice to A.) be swinging for the fences and B.) to not have this overwhelming sense of fatalism anytime we target a big fish.

In fairness. KO swung for the fences all over the country. Results speak for themselves.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
In fairness. KO swung for the fences all over the country. Results speak for themselves.
right, but apparently he let his foot off the gas with these kids even after commitment

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score

Sure, but how many other than Diallo did we even think we had a prayer at?

Swinging is one thing, making contact is another. I have a feeling when Hurley swings, he’s going to hit more often than not.

Reaction Score
For what it is worth 247 has him warm on Cinn., Cuse and St. Johns and cool on a dozen other schools.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Christ the King HS? Besides Omar and a couple of lesser known women's players: Lorin Dixon, Sue Bird and Tina Charles, UConn has no history there.

FWIW, 2 of those 3 women's players have their numbers retired.

UCONNHUSKIES.COM Tina Charles Bio :: University Of Connecticut Official Athletic Site University Of Connecticut Official Athletic Site - Women's Basketball

"Honored as the winner of the 2010 Naismith Trophy and Wooden Award in addition to being named Player of the Year by the Associated Press and the United States Basketball Writers Association ... Helped lead the Huskies to three Final Four appearances and National Championships in 2008-09 and 2009-10 ... Finished her career as UConn's all-time scoring and rebounding leader and as the third-most prolific shot blocker"

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
In fairness JC swung for the fences all over the country and the results speak for themselves.

Obviously JC and KO are very different (the results speak for themselves) but the conference affiliation no doubt played some role in KO's struggles.

Even in one of the articles in which various HS coaches were talking up Hurley, there were some comments about kids not wanting to play in the AAC. Now, Calipari recruited to CUSA and Few recruited to the WCC, so it's not an insurmountable problem, but it is an issue. If we start winning, closing will be easier, but the notion that Hurley's gonna swoop in and start landing multiple 4* and 5* guys right away is, to me, a bit Pollyannish. Needless to say, I would LOVE to be wrong.

Reaction Score
Obviously JC and KO are very different (the results speak for themselves) but the conference affiliation no doubt played some role in KO's struggles.

Even in one of the articles in which various HS coaches were talking up Hurley, there were some comments about kids not wanting to play in the AAC. Now, Calipari recruited to CUSA and Few recruited to the WCC, so it's not an insurmountable problem, but it is an issue. If we start winning, closing will be easier, but the notion that Hurley's gonna swoop in and start landing multiple 4* and 5* guys right away is, to me, a bit Pollyannish. Needless to say, I would LOVE to be wrong.

Agreed. It's not going to be as easy as we'd like, but with Young and Hurley's reputations and contacts there may be a chance to get some of these players.
As for Cockburn, we've never had a guy with his kind of size and strength, except maybe Adrien who was quite a bit shorter.

temery

What?
Reaction Score

UCONNHUSKIES.COM Tina Charles Bio :: University Of Connecticut Official Athletic Site University Of Connecticut Official Athletic Site - Women's Basketball

"Honored as the winner of the 2010 Naismith Trophy and Wooden Award in addition to being named Player of the Year by the Associated Press and the United States Basketball Writers Association ... Helped lead the Huskies to three Final Four appearances and National Championships in 2008-09 and 2009-10 ... Finished her career as UConn's all-time scoring and rebounding leader and as the third-most prolific shot blocker"

I think he already knew that.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score

Thank you. :)

(My avi and my persona here may make me appear dumb, but really guys, that's intentional. I'm not that disconnected. ;))

Last edited:
C

Chief00

Agreed. It's not going to be as easy as we'd like, but with Young and Hurley's reputations and contacts there may be a chance to get some of these players.
As for Cockburn, we've never had a guy with his kind of size and strength, except maybe Adrien who was quite a bit shorter.
Jake was a pretty big and strong guy. Ask Elton Brand or some dude who ran into a Jake screen. Emeka is another one, who really worked in the weight room at UConn. Pat Calhoun has always said Andrew Bynum was the biggest guy they ever had at their house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom