Kofi Cockburn | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Kofi Cockburn

Status
Not open for further replies.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Do we have insight on how we stand with him? Are we going up against the big boys of UK and Puke and is there mutual interest with him?

No idea where we stand, but we'd be going up against comparable P5 schools. Cinci, Cuse, UCLA, et al

MrP

Reaction Score
Sorry, my reference was meant to be that Jake was not as developed physically as a freshman as Cockburn is in high school and Emeka not being able to dunk as a freshman like Cockburn is doing in high school. If you go back and watch some games I think you'll see what I mean. He was strong but for some reason was unable to get up and dunk as Cockburn does in this video.

No need to apologize, thanks for clarifying. I’ll go back and watch some of those early games

Reaction Score
Emeka not being able to dunk as a freshman like Cockburn is doing in high school.

As a side note, I remember how frustrated this board would get when Thabeet did the same thing as a freshman. I guess it's part of the development process.

We just need big men like Adrien and Stanley yelling at their teammates to "dunk that 5hi+" during the tournament game (I think it was vs Chattanooga)

Horatio

I’m Heat Miser and your Rudolph…
Reaction Score
As a side note, I remember how frustrated this board would get when Thabeet did the same thing as a freshman. I guess it's part of the development process.

We just need big men like Adrien and Stanley yelling at their teammates to "dunk that 5hi+" during the tournament game (I think it was vs Chattanooga)
Yeah I agree. Uconn basketball functions better with a healthy balance of teammate/coaching staff motivational profanity. It cultivates a winning environment and stresses accountability. The program was built on it.

Reaction Score
I know you have to report them, and I'm not poo pooing that, but goshdarn I hate those crystal balls.
Crystal balls are generally just a pick to the school thats trending. But it depends on who it comes from, maybe a little better with football. If you get a school specific "insider" like Tom Loy at Notre Dame or Gleitman from Ohio State, they usually know what the deal is. Although that is football haha.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Looks like he's playing with Lecque on the Rens this spring:

Another nice addition to localizing recruiting is that you get to see 2-4 of the guys you are targeting every game you watch.

Reaction Score
Kid can play and would instantly be in the Boneyard’s “Hall of Fame name team”

Reaction Score
Kofi is a game changer. Having Kenya Hunter as a coach and recruiter should really help us out.

Reaction Score
Announcer at around a minute needs to get a timeout for potty mouth.

But Kofi is a big boy. Trying to think of a few comps but he’s a good deal thicker than many bigs that size, but he’s not doughy by any means. I don’t see a Patric Young muscle monster either.
Sheldon Williams or Brad Dougherty? Shoulders look good though.

C

Chief00

I remember mild mannered Jim Calhoun going off on a reporter, who had a question that implied a high percentage of a certain Bigs (and I forgot who now) shots were dunks and was he concerned about that? Calhoun’s reply was, if 100% of his shots were dunks that would be even better. Talk about swag. Chief loved it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Liked that he showed the ability to use his left hand when on that side of court. Big body, looks like good footwork and never seemed to rush things/ under control

Reaction Score
Good god can we please get this kid. I don't care if the rest of our recruiting doesn't set the world on fire, but this kid is going to be so good. Can we please get a talented beast center for once? other than Andre...

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Liked that he showed the ability to use his left hand when on that side of court. Big body, looks like good footwork and never seemed to rush things/ under control
Agree. Cockburn would be a great addition for us. Any insiders have any insight as to where we stand?

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score

I went to the Cuse/UConn game in Cuse in ‘12, and Blaney was coaching in JC’s absence.

There was a few plays straight where Drummond was playing a bit tentative, as he often did that early.

At one point after a play where Drummond didn’t finish, Blaney screamed at him clear as day and about as loud as possible “ANDRE?!?!?! DUNK THE BALLLLLL!!!!” And sure enough next chance he got he hammered one home.

Those big fellas usually don’t quite grasp their ability or power especially that early.

Your story brought that vivid memory back for me.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I remember mild mannered Jim Calhoun going off on a reporter, who had a question that implied a high percentage of a certain Bigs (and I forgot who now) shots were dunks and was he concerned about that? Calhoun’s reply was, if 100% of his shots were dunks that would be even better. Talk about swag. Chief loved it.

What the heck is that question? Did this exchange happen in 1955?

C

Chief00

What the heck is that question? Did this exchange happen in 1955?
No - in the last decade Jim coached - I will try to remember who the Big was - I guess the reporter thought the Big’s offense should be more diversified - Jim was happy with the dunks and wanted more - LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom