KML out 3 weeks... (merged) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

KML out 3 weeks... (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
As bad as the news is we need to remember that Uconn easily dispatched Maryland and Penn St. without Kaleena and Morgan. I think we're ok until the Suite 16 especially if Banks is 100% by the Louisville game.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
As bad as the news is we need to remember that Uconn easily dispatched Maryland and Penn St. without Kaleena and Morgan. I think we're ok until the Suite 16 especially if Banks is 100% by the Louisville game.
Exactly.

Reaction Score
Yeah, I doubt we see Kaleena again this season. I still wish her a speedy recovery, as someone who had mono, I know how awful it can be. The faster she recovers, the better.

Like I said, I think there's still a 90% chance UConn gets to the FF undefeated. Most of that 10% is the chance for Louisville to win at home in two weeks. I think UConn will have the edge in the AAC tournament, no matter what happens at Louisville in two weeks. The tournament is in Connecticut and will be a virtual home game for UConn, I think it will be much more likely for UConn to lose at Louisville and win in the AAC than the other way around. And, I think there is very little chance UConn will lose BOTH games to Louisville.

I'm much less concerned about the AAC tournament than I am about an away game at Louisville to close out the regular season. It is also senior night for Shoni, Slaughter, Asia Taylor, and Tia Gibbs. This will be a much tougher game than the AAC tournament.
Actually I like it that it's Senior Night at Louisville. It's been my experience that a lot of kids really don't play overtly well when they're honored on Senior Night. Typically, they really struggle. That would seem to point to an advantage for UConn who needs something, with the horrible luck they've had with injuries all season long.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Actually I like it that it's Senior Night at Louisville. It's been my experience that a lot of kids really don't play overtly well when they're honored on Senior Night. Typically, they really struggle. That would seem to point to an advantage for UConn who needs something, with the horrible luck they've had with injuries all season long.

Wasn't St Johns, senior nite?

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Jim Fuller Touts with Brianna, KML and Geno... Pretty useless since they last about 10 secs. each but here you go....

LINK

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
So far I have heard that she is done for the season, can't possibly be effective, that she should be able to give some minutes in 6 weeks and several other guesses on what will happen.

I'm not telling folks what to post, but for the life of me I don't see the point until we hear more.

A little patience goes a long way.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
So far I have heard that she is done for the season, can't possibly be effective, that she should be able to give some minutes in 6 weeks and several other guesses on what will happen.

I'm not telling folks what to post, but for the life of me I don't see the point until we hear more.

Obviously nobody knows... including the doctors. Based on what I have read, mono is one of those diseases that can last for two weeks or many months depending on the condition of the spleen and one's stamina level. And all of this is complicated when the person participates in a contact sport. I'm not surprised by the wide range of 'predictions' and opinions. Only time will tell how serious KML's particular bout with this nasty thing is. Wishing her all the best.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Obviously nobody knows... including the doctors. Based on what I have read, mono is one of those diseases that can last for two weeks or many months depending on the condition of the spleen and one's stamina level. And all of this is complicated when the person participates in a contact sport. I'm not surprised by the wide range of 'predictions' and opinions. Only time will tell how serious KML's particular bout with this nasty thing is. Wishing her all the best.
I'm just saying that since we don't know, why isn't the 3-6 week timeframe that's bee reported be enough until we get more details.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
I'm just saying that since we don't know, why isn't the 3-6 week timeframe that's bee reported be enough until we get more details.
I hear you but it's human nature to speculate on the unknown. ;)

U

UCONNfan1

To be fair, I said it's "possible she's essentially done for the year". Not sure if that's what you are referring to, but I had mono in college, and was not 100% for almost 2 months. Of course, I never was an elite level athlete, nor did I have the resources of the UCONN medical staff on my side...

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Which they are very careful to NOT do in sports, so that won't be a problem.
Yes, the bottles are labeled for individual athletes most regularly today. Or else disposable cups are used.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
This is sad news for KML and the UCONN family. I hope she gets better soon.

But UCONN's starting five is still the best in the country and this is a chance for Stewart, Dolson and Hartley to shine as the AAs that they are. Stewart may need to absolutely kick ass from this point forward.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
To be fair, I said it's "possible she's essentially done for the year". Not sure if that's what you are referring to, but I had mono in college, and was not 100% for almost 2 months. Of course, I never was an elite level athlete, nor did I have the resources of the UCONN medical staff on my side...

One of the problems with this situation is that resourses don't really help much.
Anecdotally: she's at practice, speaking to reporters, not in bed…meaning she doesn't feel that bad.
Also, she doesn't obviously have a very sore throat…all good.
They're going to watch her spleen very carefully.

Reaction Score
One of the problems with this situation is that resourses don't really help much.
Anecdotally: she's at practice, speaking to reporters, not in bed…meaning she doesn't feel that bad.
Also, she doesn't obviously have a very sore throat…all good.
They're going to watch her spleen very carefully.
It's just so odd. I guess I don't know much about the illness and I've always thought it was just like a severe cold or something. I saw the video of her that someone posted in the other thread of her at practice today, and she looked fine talking to reporters. I guess I just equate being really sick with also looking really miserable or close to death. Never heard of the spleen mattering to getting over a sickness, but then again I'm not a doctor nor have I stayed at a Holiday Inn recently.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
John A.: KML is thinking positive. Will not travel with the team to Florida.

LINK

Reaction Score
Should be noted that KML reported the first symptoms on Feb 7th which means she played against Louisville with mono. She was doing pretty good too before she fell.

I take it the big thing now is getting the spleen to normal before she can be cleared.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I had mono my senior year of HS, got it from a football teammate from sharing the water bucket. I missed 6 weeks of school. It was the dark ages back then.

Best wishes to Kaleena! This has been a very trying year.

Yes, I think Saniya will have a lot of responsibility now.

Reaction Score

You don't see the point of posting your opinion or the possible outcomes regarding a UConn women's basketball player on a UConn women's basketball forum?

Reaction Score
Should be noted that KML reported the first symptoms on Feb 7th which means she played against Louisville with mono. She was doing pretty good too before she fell.

I take it the big thing now is getting the spleen to normal before she can be cleared.

You don't know that. Again how about we wait until we hear from Geno and KML.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom