KML out 3 weeks... (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidinNaples

11 is way better than 2..!! :)
Reaction Score
John A. reporting KML out 3 weeks..... w/ mononucleosis.....:(

Now I don't feel so well myself.....

edit - maybe as much as 6 weeks.....depends on what kind of mono you have....and your spleen..? see stamfordhusky below....

Last edited:
Reaction Score
There is a huge difference between 3 and 6 weeks. Geez. 3 is the start of the AAC tournament. 6 and she misses the first rounds of the NCAA.

God this sucks.

Uconnrick

Twisted, but still lovable.
Reaction Score
Come on. Give the poor kid a break!

Reaction Score
Wow, poor kid. Hope she gets better soon, mono is a horrible illness, I wish her a fast recovery!

I think the only time this will really hurt the team is at Louisville in 2 weeks and then the final two weekends of the NCAA tournament, especially if UConn is coming out of Louisville to get to the FF. The away Louisville game just got a whole lot tougher. I still think an undefeated run to Final Four weekend is still 90% possible. It's the final weekend that will be the real test.

Reaction Score
KML must be having a rough time. She's a great team player. This is tough.
Can we get an address somewhere to send cards to? Does anyone have a connection to Geno to get a get well card to her?

Reaction Score
She is most likely done for the year
Wow, poor kid. Hope she gets better soon, mono is a horrible illness, I wish her a fast recovery!

I think the only time this will really hurt the team is at Louisville in 2 weeks and then the final two weekends of the NCAA tournament, especially if UConn is coming out of Louisville to get to the FF. The away Louisville game just got a whole lot tougher. I still think an undefeated run to Final Four weekend is still 90% possible. It's the final weekend that will be the real test.

What about facing Louisville in the AAC Tournament?

Reaction Score
The real question is did she come in contact with anyone on the team and possibly spread it:(

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
If she was done for the year they would have announced that.
Well it's pretty hard to come back from mono in 6 weeks. Even after they come back it takes quite awhile to get back to 100%. Probably what sawx was implying (or inferring)

Reaction Score
I would assume that logically if she isn't able to practice for at least a month that would mean her season is over. That is terrible news. There are only a few games left of the regular season.

Reaction Score
sawxfan23 said:
She is most likely done for the year What about facing Louisville in the AAC Tournament?

Yeah, I doubt we see Kaleena again this season. I still wish her a speedy recovery, as someone who had mono, I know how awful it can be. The faster she recovers, the better.

Like I said, I think there's still a 90% chance UConn gets to the FF undefeated. Most of that 10% is the chance for Louisville to win at home in two weeks. I think UConn will have the edge in the AAC tournament, no matter what happens at Louisville in two weeks. The tournament is in Connecticut and will be a virtual home game for UConn, I think it will be much more likely for UConn to lose at Louisville and win in the AAC than the other way around. And, I think there is very little chance UConn will lose BOTH games to Louisville.

I'm much less concerned about the AAC tournament than I am about an away game at Louisville to close out the regular season. It is also senior night for Shoni, Slaughter, Asia Taylor, and Tia Gibbs. This will be a much tougher game than the AAC tournament.

Reaction Score
I would assume that logically if she isn't able to practice for at least a month that would mean her season is over. That is terrible news. There are only a few games left of the regular season.

We really won't know until we hear from Geno.

Last edited:

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Seems like divine handicapping going into the tournaments.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
WOW

!!!

KML really is snakebit this year. For real.

OK team -- from all the previous issues you've gone through this season, you know the drill..! As Larry the cable guy might say, now it's time go out there, step up as needed, and git -r- done.

git-r-done.jpg

----------.# 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member