KK Arnold to UConn [merged thread] | Page 4 | The Boneyard

KK Arnold to UConn [merged thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Aww, this picture of KK in her UConn inspired childhood bedroom should melt even the coldest of hearts! Welcome KK, so happy to hear she verbally committed to UConn.
Was KK’s bedroom always filled with UConn paraphernalia? If so, this decision was a lock from the moment Geno offered. :)

Reaction Score
Was KK’s bedroom always filled with UConn paraphernalia? If so, this decision was a lock from the moment Geno offered. :)
the other three walls had Notre Dame, Tennessee and South Carolina stuff on them.........;)

Reaction Score
Haha, well, KK looks pretty young in the photo, like it is from a few years ago. Then again, Moriah Jefferson looked like a middle schooler until her senior year at UConn! Prospect Nation has KK listed at 5’ 8.”
Perusing the ESPN rankings, KK is currently the #2 rated point guard, one spot behind Fulwiley who is listed at the same 5’ 6” height. The 2023 class does not appear to have any tall pure point guards in the top 30 players. NC commit Reniya Kelly (#11), Hannah Hidalgo (#18,) UCLA commit Jada Williams (#20) are all listed at the same height as KK or shorter. Although ESPN is not the most reliable when it comes to player heights, for example Carolyn Ducharme was listed as 3” shorter seemingly forever! Anyway, I think KK is a really great pickup for UConn. Taller than Dangerfield, about the same height as RorI Harmon at Texas. Very exited that KK verballed today.

Reaction Score
Happy to see this development. I know some on the BY aren’t as high on KK due to her height and lack of shooting. I will reserve my opinion until she starts playing in a UConn jersey.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
We’re going to have to figure out Hartley units on KK. But I have to say from watching her highlights, she strikes me as a rugged guard with explosive moves, who can get her own shot, knock down 3’s and set up her teammates, a player very much like Zia Cooke who torched the Huskies today.
I keep waiting for @MilfordHusky to publish a conversion chart.

In any event, I like 5'9" a lot better than 5'6''.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Haha, well, KK looks pretty young in the photo, like it is from a few years ago. Then again, Moriah Jefferson looked like a middle schooler until her senior year at UConn! Prospect Nation has KK listed at 5’ 8.”
Perusing the ESPN rankings, KK is currently the #2 rated point guard, one spot behind Fulwiley who is listed at the same 5’ 6” height. The 2023 class does not appear to have any tall pure point guards in the top 30 players. NC commit Reniya Kelly (#11), Hannah Hidalgo (#18,) UCLA commit Jada Williams (#20) are all listed at the same height as KK or shorter. Although ESPN is not the most reliable when it comes to player heights, for example Carolyn Ducharme was listed as 3” shorter seemingly forever! Anyway, I think KK is a really great pickup for UConn. Taller than Dangerfield, about the same height as RorI Harmon at Texas. Very exited that KK verballed today.
So true. As Seton Hall's Park-Lane does now.

Reaction Score
So true. As Seton Hall's Park-Lane does now.
I really love to see Park-Lane play. She is so much fun to watch, and they say she is 5'6"?

BF4I4387.jpg

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
As another example, look at South Carolina's Destani Henderson, who played in today's game. She is about 5-6 (generously). Her stat line today against UConn:

15 points, 4 rebounds, 6 assists, 6 steals, and 5 turnovers (woops!) in 38 minutes.
Good stuff. But she doesn't really look twelve. Sweet sixteen, maybe.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
makes today feel a whole lot better.......she's quick, quick, quick......for those who haven't seen this video

''

But is she mad dog tough? Quick is nice. Tough is really nice.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
Not only is Fulwiley higher rated she is also from Columbia, SC and would be considered a major loss or get for SC.
Fulwiley is a 7 with Premier Basketball and KK is only an 8. Both the same height. Not much to choose from then ASGR has them
6 Milaysia Fulwiley SG 5'8
7 Kamorea KK Arnold PG 5'9

Blue Star does have Fulwilly as #2 while Arnold is at #8

Reaction Score
It's all about matchup flexibility. KK is quick. She could end up an Ari Macdonald type.

Reaction Score
Quickness over height every time for me (other things equal). She will be a matchup nightmare for every team, not only score but dish as well and create opps for teammates. She will create TOs as well. They will figure the defense out. Great player...better/taller than dangerfield, who was really good and we came close to winning it all with her.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
:eek: Was there a Geno twitter rant after seeing a recruit (Allegedly Arike) that cause CD to take away Geno's twitter. BTW that was great move by CD- people like Geno with out filters should not be on social media.

This is a joke right? Or are we making stuff up? I don’t know fact from fiction on this board anymore.

Reaction Score
As I don't follow the recruiting thread religiously, I have a big request. Can someone in a fit of inspiration provide a one- or two-sentence summary of what makes KK Arnold a special recruit?
she an aggressive point guard that constantly attacks the paint who can score with contact and dish to open shooters check out her high school tape. She can also dribble in tight spaces translation she can handle pressure defense not by dribbling through it but attacking it notice how Zia Cooke attacked Uconn's pressure. Uconn currently only has one guard with that trait Paige. KK does not have Paige's shooting ability but I predict in Paige's senior year she will be on the floor with Paige to offer another ball handler. She the type of Guard Uconn needs because all our other guards are basically shooters who need help to get open KK can create her own offense..I hoped that help even tho it's more than 2 sentences ..lol

Reaction Score
Thin frail girls who dances on tic tok ...You must be talking about Paige who btw is the only player on Uconn with an attitude Ok Nika has one but only Paige has the game to back it up. It's not tic tok or NIL that's holding us up it's what you referred to the lack of having that attitude when you play. Zia Cooke has it and it showed against us

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Both Cooke and Henderson are short, but lightening quick. They do an excellent job for S.C., especially when they share the ball.

In that pic with Geno, KK looks about 5'8", definitely not 5'6". More speculation and info to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom