KK Arnold to UConn [merged thread] | Page 3 | The Boneyard

KK Arnold to UConn [merged thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So you’re telling me that every UConn fan does not have that same perception of Tennessee?

Also, that is the last I’ll say on the matter because I don’t want this to divulge off topic to a different player and then one coming to UConn.
Dislike and not realizing they are a major college are 2 different things ….I don’t hate midmajors

victor64

retired Ohio teacher
Reaction Score
all things being equal I'll take height any day....... Williams is 6'0" and Shade 5'9" or so they say......
Weigh in Charlie, You good with KK being a Huskie?

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Question. I do not know much about recruits in general. Does KK have some of the Moriah Ball Hawking speed/instincts we can use?

Reaction Score
it's been awhile since UConn's had a true "aircraft carrier"..........there's something to be said for a space eater that is in total control of the backboards.........I think DeBerry to be in the ONO mold while Patterson and Brady are "destroyers" which will be great but another agile big presence down low really would be a difference maker........the question is if you can only have the bigger Cunningham or the skilled Toomey which one would you prefer?
JMO but I think Cunningham will stay on the West Coast and Toomey's on her way to Storrs, so I'll take what I can get.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I hear some very loud coach at LSU has claimed her........
Geno went to see her play at the start of the HS year same time he swung by and watched Booker. Geno is not one to waste time if he knows someone else a staked a claim and the player is leaning that way. I remain optimistic. Combine that with Geno's track record with #1 recruits and I will remain optimistic until she commits else where. Williams is also from everything I've read about her a very humble kid as in "yes sir no sir". She is also, IMO, a foundation piece of a championship squad regardless of where she ends up.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
if that's the case it's time for Geno to grab one of the Brazilian bigs Del Rosario or Vasconcelos....
Del Rosario is not Brazilian (Dominican?) Vasconcelos is not UCONN material IMO.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Arnold averaged 22.9 points, 6.3 rebounds, 5.1 assists and 3.8 steals for Germantown as a sophomore. Known for her ability to attack the basket, she raised her three-point shooting from 23.6% as a freshman to 30.3% as a sophomore and lifted her free-throw percentage from 67.6% to 73%.

Reaction Score
She is very fast and skilled, however I’m rather lukewarm on her for UCONN. It is a dual concern- very little of her quicks translates to the defensive end of the floor @ her size the defense is going to get many clean looks over the top. Also keep in mind that Paige has an option to go to the WNBA before KK sets foot on campus. That would mean that Nika or KK may have to be the UCONN starting PG for the 23-24 season because neither can play shooting guard.
USA basketball lists her as being 5'9".

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
We’re going to have to figure out Hartley units on KK. But I have to say from watching her highlights, she strikes me as a rugged guard with explosive moves, who can get her own shot, knock down 3’s and set up her teammates, a player very much like Zia Cooke who torched the Huskies today.

Reaction Score
Isn't Fulwiley the higher rated guard anyway? So that may work out for South Carolina in the end.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Isn't Fulwiley the higher rated guard anyway? So that may work out for South Carolina in the end.
Not only is Fulwiley higher rated she is also from Columbia, SC and would be considered a major loss or get for SC.

Reaction Score
Wonder if she will be good enough that Geno someday uses his swarznegger accent and says"We have Ahnold and you don't"? ;) We certainly hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom