Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Excited George Costanza GIF

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
As I don't follow the recruiting thread religiously, I have a big request. Can someone in a fit of inspiration provide a one- or two-sentence summary of what makes KK Arnold a special recruit?

Arnold's biggest strength right now is her ability to get to the basket and finish. Also appears to have an excellent handle.

Reaction Score
She is very fast and skilled, however I’m rather lukewarm on her for UCONN. It is a dual concern- very little of her quicks translates to the defensive end of the floor @ her size the defense is going to get many clean looks over the top. Also keep in mind that Paige has an option to go to the WNBA before KK sets foot on campus. That would mean that Nika or KK may have to be the UCONN starting PG for the 23-24 season because neither can play shooting guard.
UConn surely needs another back court shooter in that class but her shot looks pretty good to me.....can't say much about her defense........

USJN Qualifier-April 2019: Athletic lead-guard armed with a scorer's mentality; explosive in transition game, slices through the defense, motors and distributes; explosive 1 on 1 creator with mid-range game delivery that extends to the arc. (Olson)

Reaction Score
While there is certainly room for another guard in the class of 2023, Arnold's commitment does potentially lockout Shade who has a similar skillset.
Well Shade has been visiting every major program except UConn. She’s even giving mid-majors multiple visits like Tennessee. Doesn’t seem like interested too much in UConn

victor64

retired Ohio teacher
Reaction Score
She is very fast and skilled, however I’m rather lukewarm on her for UCONN. It is a dual concern- very little of her quicks translates to the defensive end of the floor @ her size the defense is going to get many clean looks over the top. Also keep in mind that Paige has an option to go to the WNBA before KK sets foot on campus. That would mean that Nika or KK may have to be the UCONN starting PG for the 23-24 season because neither can play shooting guard.
The kid is just starting her junior year of high school which means two more years to develop before she sets foot on campus. I know you know this but something tells me that Geno has already discussed perimeter defense with her. Mechanically, I like her outside shot and appears to have three point range. If Crystal Dangerfield can excel, this kid certainly has a chance to do so.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I thought with the time of her announcement, that she was waiting on the results of this game to select her team...

Reaction Score
After today's game, I'd be thrilled about Breya Cunningham!
it's been awhile since UConn's had a true "aircraft carrier"..........there's something to be said for a space eater that is in total control of the backboards.........I think DeBerry to be in the ONO mold while Patterson and Brady are "destroyers" which will be great but another agile big presence down low really would be a difference maker........the question is if you can only have the bigger Cunningham or the skilled Toomey which one would you prefer?

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
it's been awhile since UConn's had a true "aircraft carrier"..........there's something to be said for a space eater that is in total control of the backboards.........I think DeBerry to be in the ONO mold while Patterson and Brady are "destroyers" which will be great but another agile big presence down low really would be a difference maker........the question is if you can only have the bigger Cunningham or the skilled Toomey which one would you prefer?
Im gonna shoot my shot here but….

I think both Watkins and Cunningham stay on the west coast. Pac 12 is on a roll with recruiting and I think it continues with the 23 class.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
She’s got some time to continue to develop. Kid’s only a high school junior.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
She’s got some time to continue to develop. Kid’s only a high school junior.
The kid is just starting her junior year of high school which means two more years to develop before she sets foot on campus. I know you know this but something tells me that Geno has already discussed perimeter defense with her. Mechanically, I like her outside shot and appears to have three point range. If Crystal Dangerfield can excel, this kid certainly has a chance to do so.
Ashley Shade and Mikaylah Williams are also both HS junior and both appear to be more developed and a better fit for UCONN IMO.

Reaction Score
Lol you really think Tennessee is a mid major:confused:
So you’re telling me that every UConn fan does not have that same perception of Tennessee?

Also, that is the last I’ll say on the matter because I don’t want this to divulge off topic to a different player and then one coming to UConn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom