OT: - Kitchen Renovation | The Boneyard

OT: Kitchen Renovation

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
God knows that I hate these threads and I simply could not have less regard for any of your opinions, but has anyone installed a quartz composite sink? We just threw the kitchen away because my mom's dog once peed in it and I'm considering putting a new kitchen in the hole where the old one was.

I will accept answers that include recommendations to change careers, selling the house and buying one that already has a new sink, going without a sink and relying on a local stream for fresh water, etc.

I will even accept an answer from someone who has actual experience with a quartz sink.

I didn't put OT before the title because I knew it would trigger 87% of Boneyarders.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Don't have one. They look nice as long as it is undermount. Would probably go with that material if I was doing the kitchen today, over stainless steel which is blah. Would not repeat with the expensive Fireclay sink I got.

Generic sink comment. Most modern sinks don't drain worth a . The flat bottoms are popular and barely taper, so rinsing food particles is a pain.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
The only real advice I will give on kitchen renovation is don't pull permits like we did. Jacked our assessment way higher than anyone in our neighborhood. When I appealed and reviewed all of their field cards I realized that we were the only idiots, and honesty definitely did not pay.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
We draw our water out of the same source that our plants draw from: the toilet.

Reaction Score
We installed this sink a few years ago. Sink

Since the counters were also new...i didn't technically install it. But as someone who has personally renovated 4+ kitchens, I was there when installed and can give you my opinion (since you asked). It's no different than any other sink. If it's an undermount as ours was, you just need to properly wedge the bracing in place to support it until the adhesive dries, as it is much heavier than a stainless sink.

If it's an above counter sink, I can't see any difference.

Another piece of advice, don't let things that will stain linger....red wine, grape juice, etc, otherwise you will need some elbow grease to clean it

Last edited:

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
So this is the damn break that... that fake insider talks about.

Reaction Score
God knows that I hate these threads and I simply could not have less regard for any of your opinions, but has anyone installed a quartz composite sink? We just threw the kitchen away because my mom's dog once peed in it and I'm considering putting a new kitchen in the hole where the old one was.

I will accept answers that include recommendations to change careers, selling the house and buying one that already has a new sink, going without a sink and relying on a local stream for fresh water, etc.

I will even accept an answer from someone who has actual experience with a quartz sink.

I didn't put OT before the title because I knew it would trigger 87% of Boneyarders.

You sound like such a casual DIYer. Sell the house and buy a yacht. Then if this dam actually breaks you’ll be safe.

temery

What?
Reaction Score

Replace the quartz with two pintz.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
Sounds expensive. To free up some money you should release from scholarship two of your under-producing family members immediately, especially if your not the biological father. It's the way things are done in the sink business and if you don't act now you will fall behind all of the other quartz composite sink programs in your neighborhood.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Maybe you'll get lucky and a sinkhole will open up. Call it a "natural sink", it adds character.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
@tdrink is your man.
Can you please film your wife’s reaction when you tell her of the advice you got from the guys on the Boneyard?

I'm more interested in what happens when the dog pees in the new sink. Though iirc, dog's not allowed back. I think it took out a bed, a couch, and now a sink.

Reaction Score
Sounds like a heavy sink. Doing a bathroom now and waiting for quartz counters to come in. I’m spending money like a drunken sailor. I want to go back to college and my rental apartment.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom