OT: - KG, Pierce, Rondo, Perkins, & Big Baby Speak on Ray | Page 5 | The Boneyard

OT: KG, Pierce, Rondo, Perkins, & Big Baby Speak on Ray

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Oh okay. For 2 years Danny Ainge held Ray as trade bait. Literally every trade deadline there was rumor after rumor swirling about Ray. Ainge handeled him the worst way possible. At the end Ray said effffff you as he should have. And as for the "if he just called us to tell us he was leaving..." bit, this is a business. Worth millions of dollars. Grow the efffffffffff up. All 5 (6 including doc) would not have a title if it wasn't for Ray, and Pierces retirement story would be about a bunch of "what ifs". Seriously- what a bunch of ungrateful, little whining babies.

Nice internet tough guy routine.

This is a perfect example of someone (a) having bias dictating their position and (b) lacking the ability to put himself in someone else's shoes.

You work with someone for 3 years. You're friends outside of the work place; your wives are friends. But you feel like management at your company is mistreating you. You know that your friend also feels like he's been mistreated by management, but he feels more loyalty to the organization. Then you decide to leave (for a direct competitor) and you don't pick up the phone to give him a heads up? And you think HE'S the baby for talking honestly about being disappointed??? Right.

Stop fronting.

Paul Pierce's name got offered up in 10x more trades than Ray's ever did. (Wow, for two whole years Ray's name got held out as trade bait!!!!! OMG!!!!!) I get why Ray may have been ticked off by Ainge, Doc and Rondo. But all those other dudes in the video were nothing but friends to him. What he did is hardly a war crime. But let's be real: he illed these guys. Is that what you'd have done?

I've said this 50 times and I'll say it again: UConn fans who don't like the Celtics are always going to back Ray, and Celtics fans who don't like UConn are always going to hold a grudge against Ray. Those of us who are fans of both UConn and the Celtics are the only ones looking at this through neither green nor blue eyes. I've defended Ray to Celtics fans and I have to defend Pierce et al now. These guys did and are doing nothing wrong. I love Ray, but he mishandled this. I don't know if it's because he was embarrassed or just wanted to avoid awkward conversations, but he chose not to give them the courtesy of a phone call, which was poor form. Period.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Magic, Worthy, Jabbar
West, Baylor, Wilt
Barkley, Erving, Malone

It's more about how it was put together. Team's were built a bit more organically in the past. Basically, he's talking about the plug-and-play superstar model we have now: Warriors, Heat, Cavs, etc...

Reaction Score
The bottom line is when you continually shop a player, you can't expect loyalty from the player. This is so simple. Loyalty is important to me, but the Celtics weren't loyal to Ray so he didn't owe them anything.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I can't imagine anyone's going to post anything more cringeworthy than this today. Good lord. "is known as a voracious reader." You weren't embarrassed for yourself typing this? He's not your daughter. He's a dude you don't know.

The cognitive dissonance shown by people calling Pierce and KG babies while saying Ray was right to leave because he was "mistreated" is hilarious.

Ray had every right to leave. It's a business. But how you treat your friends is something different. (Though I guess they weren't friends after all because Ray's a voracious reader.) These guys have said enough about it, and they should probably stop talking.

But I would bet that every single person criticizing them just happens to hate Boston teams. A big coincidence, I'm sure.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
The bottom line is when you continually shop a player, you can't expect loyalty from the player. This is so simple. Loyalty is important to me, but the Celtics weren't loyal to Ray so he didn't owe them anything.

Pierce got shopped all the time. And he eventually was traded.

Reaction Score

This is a perfect example of someone (a) having bias dictating their position and (b) lacking the ability to put himself in someone else's shoes.

You work with someone for 3 years. You're friends outside of the work place; your wives are friends. But you feel like management at your company is mistreating you. You know that your friend also feels like he's been mistreated by management, but he feels more loyalty to the organization. Then you decide to leave (for a direct competitor) and you don't pick up the phone to give him a heads up? And you think HE'S the baby for talking honestly about being disappointed??? Right.

Stop fronting.

Paul Pierce's name got offered up in 10x more trades than Ray's ever did. (Wow, for two whole years Ray's name got held out as trade bait!!!!! OMG!!!!!) I get why Ray may have been ticked off by Ainge, Doc and Rondo. But all those other dudes in the video were nothing but friends to him. What he did is hardly a war crime. But let's be real: he illed these guys. Is that what you'd have done?

I've said this 50 times and I'll say it again: UConn fans who don't like the Celtics are always going to back Ray, and Celtics fans who don't like UConn are always going to hold a grudge against Ray. Those of us who are fans of both UConn and the Celtics are the only ones looking at this through neither green nor blue eyes. I've defended Ray to Celtics fans and I have to defend Pierce et al now. These guys did and are doing nothing wrong. I love Ray, but he mishandled this. I don't know if it's because he was embarrassed or just wanted to avoid awkward conversations, but he chose not to give them the courtesy of a phone call, which was poor form. Period.
I like UConn and the Celtics and think these guys look like a bunch of babies. Ray Allen left because he wanted the best chance to win a championship, something these other players did as well. All these players chased championships and none of them finished their careers as Celtics. Going on national TV five years later saying another grown man owes you an apology is soft as hell, move on.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score

Stop fronting.

I'm a fan of both Ray Allen and the Celts. I couldn't disagree with you more on this.

This is a big KG self pity party, and the fact that he keeps bringing it up is sad, and very...small...of him.

Reaction Score
Yeah when someone leaves my company for another job we don't hold press conferences 5 years later bashing that person. It's pretty unprofessional.

Reaction Score
Let's not forget that without Ray, Baby would never even have been a Celtic. Maybe Baby should be a little more appreciative that he was a throw-in in the trade with Seattle.

Reaction Score
Did you see what happened? Kenny Smith brought it up and forced those guys to discuss it.

They didn't bash him. They basically said they thought they had a strong relationship and it hurt that Ray didn't mention he was thinking of leaving.

Ray then posted a whiny photo on IG.

Yeah when someone leaves my company for another job we don't hold press conferences 5 years later bashing that person. It's pretty unprofessional.

Reaction Score
Did you see what happened? Kenny Smith brought it up and forced those guys to discuss it.

They didn't bash him. They basically said they thought they had a strong relationship and it hurt that Ray didn't mention he was thinking of leaving.

Ray posted a whiny photo.....get outta here.

Reaction Score
But I would bet that every single person criticizing them just happens to hate Boston teams. A big coincidence, I'm sure.

Not here, though I can admit that Ray mishandled the situation. The response has been so disproportionate that I'm much more sympathetic to him than to KG, PP etc . . ., and we know Rondo is an @H0le

Reaction Score

They didn't even invite Ray. Obviously that topic was going to be discussed. Don't be dumb.

Reaction Score

Stop fronting.

Lol. Do you work (in the 21st century?) Also, you must be a Celtics fan.

Thanks for your input.

Reaction Score
Another thing that can factor into how you feel about this whole thing with Ray, is your feelings towards Lebron... I'm a tears of joy or tears of frustration Celtics fan and can not stand Lebron. So after BEING UP 3-2 IN THE EASTERN CONFERENCE FINALS and then blowing the next two games against Lebron, and then Ray leaving to join him afterwards... I went from Ray Allen favorite player ever, to Ray Allen public enemy #1 real quick. i absolutely could not believe he left like that and was truly devastated.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Whenever I'm in the middle of a discussion where both sides are being debated, I hit the "see ignored content," read whatever JSM said, then my opinion is in concrete.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I like UConn and the Celtics and think these guys look like a bunch of babies. Ray Allen left because he wanted the best chance to win a championship, something these other players did as well. All these players chased championships and none of them finished their careers as Celtics. Going on national TV five years later saying another grown man owes you an apology is soft as hell, move on.

As to your ultimate opinion, fair enough. But you have the facts wrong. Pierce and KG did not want out. That's just not correct.

Reaction Score
Whenever I'm in the middle of a discussion where both sides are being debated, I hit the "see ignored content," read whatever JSM said, then my opinion is in concrete.
Where do you see ignored content???

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Lol. Do you work (in the 21st century?) Also, you must be a Celtics fan.

Thanks for your input.

I can see you didn't bother reading my post. Nice use of lol. You must be a 12-year-old girl.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

I felt pretty firm in my opinion on this until I saw what he wrote. Doh.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom