OT: - KG, Pierce, Rondo, Perkins, & Big Baby Speak on Ray | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: KG, Pierce, Rondo, Perkins, & Big Baby Speak on Ray

Reaction Score
Ray didn't handle it in the best way. But these clowns have been dogging him publicly for years about it. He's handled it with class by taking the high road. He owes these guys nothing. Especially clownface big nobodies like Perkins, Davis, and Rondo. Garnett and Pierce are just attention who'res.

Reaction Score
Does anyone think Ray has lost any sleep or cares even a little bit about this? He is the one who left without calling so I am imagining not and while these guys are viewing the team as a family, Ray is viewing them as a past job. Ray is probably happy that he doesn't need to actually go to this reunion.

Reaction Score
These guys come off as really feeling like they were some sort of special, transcendent team. I'll hand it to Pierce and Garnett, but Perkins? Big Baby? Rondo? Two average guys and one guy that seems to disrupt every team he is on and they are having reunions as if people really care. These guys need to get over themselves.

Reaction Score
These guys come off as really feeling like they were some sort of special, transcendent team. I'll hand it to Pierce and Garnett, but Perkins? Big Baby? Rondo? Two average guys and one guy that seems to disrupt every team he is on and they are having reunions as if people really care. These guys need to get over themselves.
Rondo was insanely good during that run. He was far from average

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
It's a well known fact that Ray keeps to himself. He's not a hang out with guys guy. It's a part of Ray's personality that has rubbed former teammates the wrong way. I remember Pierce and KG complaining that they would go to a Ray charity event and then he wouldn't show up at theirs. I think they're sore that he wasn't part of the group off the court as much as him leaving the team. Whatever. He was a big part of winning another title so kudos to Ray. Loyalty in the NBA. Uh huh. And heated rivalries? I think that ended when LBJ, Wade, CP3 and Carmelo were spotted on a water weanie together. Could you imagine Bird, McHale, Magic and Worthy enjoying weanie rides together back in the day.

Reaction Score
Kind of weird situation but I get what these guys are saying. I realize loyalty and the NBA have zero to do with each other but that C's team built something special for them, the franchise and the city. It was obvious when you saw them on the bench at the end of games the bond they shared for the years together working for the same thing. I mean these guys can let it go but that's easy to say, maybe the respect for what Ray brought to the team and who he was while on it biomes hurtful that he won't share in it. Going to the Heat, that's fine they all do what's bets for them now. I mean when you know you're doing something which will result in pain to others you tend to fade away until it's over. After he did it he should have called the all and said "hey guys it's something I wanted to do to finish my career and I knew you wouldn't agree, but we're brothers forever no matter so please understand..."

If he didn't do that it's on Ray!

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I loved that run. It looked so bad for Boston after they fell to 5 in the 07 lottery, and they were able to turn that into Ray, which gave KG enough confidence in the franchise to approve a trade there.

KG's knee injury cost them a title, and the NBA cost them one in 2010.

I will probably never watch another NBA game ever after that traveshamockery in 2010.

Reaction Score
What is worse? Leaving friends for a rival or stealing hundreds of dollars from them?

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
I honestly can't think of a similar situation where after this much time there's still this much attention on something like this. Players come and go. So what?
This Celtics group won a title together and had a few other nice runs, but come on. Stop pretending you were unique in the history of basketball. Have I missed every other team in history making a thing out of 10-year title reunions?

Reaction Score
I honestly can't think of a similar situation where after this much time there's still this much attention on something like this. Players come and go. So what?
This Celtics group won a title together and had a few other nice runs, but come on. Stop pretending you were unique in the history of basketball. Have I missed every other team in history making a thing out of 10-year title reunions?

I concur. It's one thing if they were some sort of long-running, destiny-esque thing having reunions or reminiscing on the "good ole' days" but come on, they played together for five years and had two nice, long runs.

I get why some of the players were pissed at Ray. It's obvious he's a different dude; but the whole charity thing always seemed very lame. If Ray is "social" enough to request other guys at his charity stuff, then he can be outgoing enough to attend there's. Not doing so goes beyond being a loner and "different." Still though, for the love of God KG, get over it. It was a nice five year run. It was nothing historically significant.

Reaction Score
If he handled it with class he would have posted a congratulations to Pierce after that last game.

Obviously for all these guys to think the same thing doesn't reflect well for Ray. He probably doesn't care, but I'd want to be friendly with them enough. So if the C's honor the 2008 team say in 2018 Ray won't show potentially because he doesn't want to hang out with these guys?

Ray didn't handle it in the best way. But these clowns have been dogging him publicly for years about it. He's handled it with class by taking the high road. He owes these guys nothing. Especially clownface big nobodies like Perkins, Davis, and Rondo. Garnett and Pierce are just attention who'res.

Reaction Score
Ray's shooting in the 4th of Game 7 cost C's 2010 'Ship.

I loved that run. It looked so bad for Boston after they fell to 5 in the 07 lottery, and they were able to turn that into Ray, which gave KG enough confidence in the franchise to approve a trade there.

KG's knee injury cost them a title, and the NBA cost them one in 2010.

I will probably never watch another NBA game ever after that traveshamockery in 2010.

C

Chief00

First off, wouldn't call me the misinformed one when I have no bias, second off, calling Ray a superstar at that point in his career is the reachiest of reaches.
They never were good friends. None were at Ray's wedding.

C

Chief00

It's a well known fact that Ray keeps to himself. He's not a hang out with guys guy. It's a part of Ray's personality that has rubbed former teammates the wrong way. I remember Pierce and KG complaining that they would go to a Ray charity event and then he wouldn't show up at theirs. I think they're sore that he wasn't part of the group off the court as much as him leaving the team. Whatever. He was a big part of winning another title so kudos to Ray. Loyalty in the NBA. Uh huh. And heated rivalries? I think that ended when LBJ, Wade, CP3 and Carmelo were spotted on a water weanie together. Could you imagine Bird, McHale, Magic and Worthy enjoying weanie rides together back in the day.
True, they use to joke that off the court Sam Cassell was the 3rd member of the Big Three.
On the other hand Bird and McHake were never close.

Reaction Score
So Ray probably has some Aspergers. Why do we continuously have to hear about grown men's feelings getting hurt over a trade, let alone after the man helped them win a championship? Was Ray ever really a good friend to any of them in the first place? Was he supposed to be? I don't personally care much to be good friends with my co-workers. Seems like he never was and never cared to be part of the group. He was there to do work and win. So why were they so torn up that he didn't call them? Would a phone call have prevented all this? Weak if so.

I honestly don't know a lot about this whole timeline of events and back story, just pick up pieces here and there. If I'm wrong here my bad

Reaction Score
If he handled it with class he would have posted a congratulations to Pierce after that last game.

Obviously for all these guys to think the same thing doesn't reflect well for Ray. He probably doesn't care, but I'd want to be friendly with them enough. So if the C's honor the 2008 team say in 2018 Ray won't show potentially because he doesn't want to hang out with these guys?

Stop. You're lost as usual.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Ray's shooting in the 4th of Game 7 cost C's 2010 'Ship.

That didn't help.

But it's not the primary reason.

Kobe and Gasol getting way too many phantom FTs and them missing 2 obvious turnovers on Gasol in the last 2 minutes buried them. That game was over. The rules changed to avoid another blowout.

Reaction Score
Few things are more ironic than Husky91 commenting negatively on the lack of class with which someone operates.

It's funny that he thinks it was classless to not post a congratulatory message to someone that has been publicly critical of you for years. F Paul Pierce and this whole silly 10 year victory lap circle jerk.

Reaction Score
Aside from basketball, if you listen to each of these individuals (including Ray) for less than 5 minutes, any rational person would conclude one does not belong. And why. Ray is thoughtful, articulate, caring and humanistic....none of which is shared by the remainder of this group. KG is a chippy punk and always has been the others not far behind. They are all self serving hypocrites, and boring. Just MHO.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom