OT: - KG, Pierce, Rondo, Perkins, & Big Baby Speak on Ray | The Boneyard

OT: KG, Pierce, Rondo, Perkins, & Big Baby Speak on Ray

Reaction Score
Stop. Listen, we all love Ray, and NBA great, and more importantly to us, a UConn great. But, he did not handle that departure from Boston well. He did not make friends with a lot of the guys on the team, and, left to their rivals in the east. He could've handled it much better, it's just a fact.

Reaction Score
Oh okay. For 2 years Danny Ainge held Ray as trade bait. Literally every trade deadline there was rumor after rumor swirling about Ray. Ainge handeled him the worst way possible. At the end Ray said effffff you as he should have. And as for the "if he just called us to tell us he was leaving..." bit, this is a business. Worth millions of dollars. Grow the efffffffffff up. All 5 (6 including doc) would not have a title if it wasn't for Ray, and Pierces retirement story would be about a bunch of "what ifs". Seriously- what a bunch of ungrateful, little whining babies.

Reaction Score
Stop. Listen, we all love Ray, and NBA great, and more importantly to us, a UConn great. But, he did not handle that departure from Boston well. He did not make friends with a lot of the guys on the team, and, left to their rivals in the east. He could've handled it much better, it's just a fact.

Misinformed. He had no choice. If he stayed in Boston, he would have been traded, as Ainge had dangled him for a full season as trade bait. In the end after all he did for Boston, Ainge used him. He handeled it the way any superstar would. Then he went to Miami and did more superstar things. Both KG AND PIERCE left Boston too! Where were the cries for unloyalty then?! Difference is their careers died. Rays only improved.

Reaction Score
Misinformed. He had no choice. If he stayed in Boston, he would have been traded, as Ainge had dangled him for a full season as trade bait. In the end after all he did for Boston, Ainge used him. He handeled it the way any superstar would. Then he went to Miami and did more superstar things. Both KG AND PIERCE left Boston too! Where were the cries for unloyalty then?! Difference is their careers died. Rays only improved.
First off, wouldn't call me the misinformed one when I have no bias, second off, calling Ray a superstar at that point in his career is the reachiest of reaches.

Reaction Score
Oh please. Should he have called them? Yeah, maybe. But to hold onto that so tightly for nearly 5 years now to the point where they're excluding him from reunions...Come on, even Ainge and Doc think it's ridiculous.

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score
Rondo is still a very difficult person to have on your team. He's still a pain in 2017. I can't imagine a guy like Ray wanting to deal with him much.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
First off, wouldn't call me the misinformed one when I have no bias, second off, calling Ray a superstar at that point in his career is the reachiest of reaches.
Really.

Reaction Score
No. The Ray Allen ball washing brigade on the Boneyard pretends that he did.
Allen was constantly on the trade block and it was no secret they were pushing Bradley to supplant Allen. It's a business and Allen made the best possible business decision. It worked out beautifully for him and these guys are still whining about it 5 years later, it's actually pretty funny.

Reaction Score
Lmao at 3:13 ...as Pierce picks up on Perk's train of thought saying "...somebody to reach out." That part actually really does sound like teenage girls.

Reaction Score
To Rondo's credit, he didn't really say a word.
'
I just can't get over Perkins and Baby acting appalled about the situation when they weren't even on the team anymore. Did they expect Ray to call them and be like "Hey guys, I know you aren't Celtics anymore, but I just wanted to call and tell you that I wont be either."

It was none of their business at that point.

Reaction Score
Ainge did dangle Ray in trade discussions for a solid 2 years, but it's not like Pierce or KG have input on that. It does seem like Ray didn't communicate or show respect to the rest of the team though. Those guys helped Ray's legacy as much as he helped theirs.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Oh okay. For 2 years Danny Ainge held Ray as trade bait. Literally every trade deadline there was rumor after rumor swirling about Ray. Ainge handeled him the worst way possible. At the end Ray said effffff you as he should have. And as for the "if he just called us to tell us he was leaving..." bit, this is a business. Worth millions of dollars. Grow the efffffffffff up. All 5 (6 including doc) would not have a title if it wasn't for Ray, and Pierces retirement story would be about a bunch of "what ifs". Seriously- what a bunch of ungrateful, little whining babies.
This is between him and the front office, it has no bearing on the personal relationships that he made over his best years of his career arguably. Ray is in the wrong here, but I think less of this is to malice or disrespect and more a case of miscommunication during an awkward time.

Reaction Score
Correct me if I wrong but these guys have been trash talking Ray for years without a response from him. Especially Pierce,and KG. But it's them that is owed an apology. Maybe if they acknowledged the pain they caused healing the wound would go better.
Everyone acknowledges Ray was in the twilight of his great career but typically in our lexicon even in this state your still considered a superstar .
It's called respect for achievement. I think Ray was breaking all-time records and meaningfully contritubing to a Championship so he just wasn't coasting.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom