Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 631 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
I find it very hard to believe B12 will add a 2nd team from Utah. There is no media value in expanding into Utah. It’s also contrary to everything BY has said the conference wants: (1) become national and open up New York City market. (2) schools that want to be there - not teams like Utah who have thumbed their nose at B12. (3) be the Premier basketball conference which is not accomplished by excluding basketball bluelood UConn whole diluting your basketball product with Utah, BYU, UCF, etc.

Reaction Score
With Oregon and Washington going to BIG I’m not sure Arizona can demand a package deal with ASU. Arizona needs Big 12 more than the Big 12 needs them
Big 12 certainly has all the leverage now. If they want UConn and 2 more pac 12 schools they can get it whereas before grabbing UConn may have cost them the other pac 12 schools.

But them wanting us is still a gigantic if

Reaction Score
I find it very hard to believe B12 will add a 2nd team from Utah. There is no media value in expanding into Utah. It’s also contrary to everything BY has said the conference wants: (1) become national and open up New York City market. (2) schools that want to be there - not teams like Utah who have thumbed their nose at B12. (3) be the Premier basketball conference which is not accomplished by excluding basketball bluelood UConn whole diluting your basketball product with Utah, BYU, UCF, etc.
That may have been his original vision, but things change and fast around here apparently. Also his vision doesn't necessarily equal that of school presidents. Just like the last B1G commissioner who wanted to grab Oregon and Washington with USC and UCLA, but couldn't get it done.

Reaction Score
It makes no sense, but who knows what those B12 presidents are thinking?

It is clear as day every P5 is going national except for the SEC..yet. B1G is expanding coast to coast. If the B12 is smart, they will add us and do the same. It makes little sense to add a second team in Utah. ASU might make sense since it is a bigger state, but Utah add makes no sense.

Reaction Score
Hope there’s some truth to UCONN reaching out to ACC. They’re at 14 + 1. Who would they fill with? Especially if they were to also lose Fl St

Source?

Reaction Score
Interesting in the article from the McMurphy tweet. Nothing about Utah

"However, with the departures of Arizona, Arizona State and Colorado, the Big Ten saw the opportunity to add the Ducks and Huskies without paying them full media shares since the Pac-12 is in “disarray,” sources said."

Reaction Score
With Oregon and Washington going to BIG I’m not sure Arizona can demand a package deal with ASU. Arizona needs Big 12 more than the Big 12 needs them

Nah.

They’ll take UA, ASU and Utah and dance on the PAC 12’s grave.

If the Wash/Oregon deal goes down then you can safely assume that in my opinion.

NowInStorrs

The truth is out there.
Reaction Score
Arizona, Stanford, and UConn would be the dream... at least out of semi-realistic scenarios.

Reaction Score
Nah.

If the Wash/Oregon deal goes down then you can safely assume that in my opinion.
I agree with you that UA, ASU and Utah is the most likely result, by far.

Having said that, the Pac is already dead as a major conference and will survive in name only whether or not one of Utah or ASU is left behind.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Nah.

Wash and Oregon not leaving and keeping the PAC together was our best chance (as of today) but now that the PAC is dead, I don't think it matters as much to the Big12 whether they get 14 or 16.

Reaction Score
And Stanford and Cal are still floating, and arguably more valuable than Utah/ASU.

The key to the B12 expansion is that theyve always had alternatives and thus leverage.
“Don’t want to join colorado? Fine we will take UConn.”
“Don’t want to leave without ASU? Fine. We will take Stanford and Cal.”

Reaction Score
And Stanford and Cal are still floating, and arguably more valuable than Utah/ASU.

The key to the B12 expansion is that theyve always had alternatives and thus leverage.
“Don’t want to join colorado? Fine we will take UConn.”
“Don’t want to leave without ASU? Fine. We will take Stanford and Cal.”

Not sure that Stanford or Cal would join the Big XII. They might prefer independence in football. Plus, especially with Cal, I doubt they are worth what the XII would be paying folks.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom