Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 574 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
In a banking crisis, the federal reserve will always look to the largest banks to step in and stabilize the system so it doesn't collapse. This benefits everyone, most especially the largest banks. It's somewhat counterintuitive. One would think that the surviving large banks benefit from the demise of a competitor, but the reality is that the larger banks are susceptible to failure and collapse if the system collapses around them, no matter how strong their balance sheet may appear. I think we are approaching that point here. I don't believe it's in the Big 10 or SECs interest (or the Big 12 for that matter) for the PAC to collapse. I am not sure that the system survives a PAC collapse, and if you start freezing out high profile state funded institutions, you are going to see congress get heavily involved. If I am counseling the Big 10 or the SEC I am telling them to find a way asap to salvage the PAC.
Besides, they received a single tv deal yesterday. What better way to up the payout than to threaten to join other conferences. Today's tweets were as predictable as the sun rising. I doubt the Big 10 and SEC are expanding anytime soon. This is the Pac 9 trying to gain leverage.

Reaction Score
At this point just announce the Power 2. I’m done with this.
For real ... it's all pretty stupid but this is what everyone wanted for college athletics so they are going to get it. At least maybe we will get to be with some of the rejects/left overs now which is still better than what we have now.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
It is in the B1G’s and Big 12’s interest to kill the PAC. One less competitor for the contract drives up the value for them. There is network effect value beyond just assets moving conferences.

This leak is intended to be a threat to push the fence sitters towards exit.

Reaction Score
Again, it’s UConn for $5 M playing BE.
It might not be $31M but it’s UConn playing Kansas, Baylor, TT, Okie, etc. that might be worth $10M
Throw in women in a better league, that’s another $2-3M
Keep in mind UConn also makes some bad content have value. DePaul - Xavier has very little value. DePaul - defending national champion UConn has some value.

Take UConn out and you really limit the number of Big East games with some, let alone great value. Essentially UConn at $5M is subsidizing DePaul’s $5M.

Reaction Score
All I ask is can this all be over by Friday!? I’m tryna go on a two week vacation with the kids and I don’t want to keep looking at my phone — that’s for work hours.
I’m on vacation and I am spending most of my time sitting on the deck refreshing the board. Fortunately, my wife has been busy planting flowers and stuff. I just make sure she’s got something to drink and a meal now and then and she’s content to beautify the yard until late afternoon. Occasionally, I have to carry/lift/fix something, but nothing that keeps me away from the Yard for more than 10 minutes.

Reaction Score
All I ask is can this all be over by Friday!? I’m tryna go on a two week vacation with the kids and I don’t want to keep looking at my phone — that’s for work hours.
I'll be shocked over by Friday I think everything we thought prior is entirely out the window. I don't think Yormark anticipated every single league making realignment shifts off Colorado. I don't think anyone was lying or fabricating what they were hearing and had real legit sources... or that we are past when we thought we'd be in ... that Kansas dude, that twitter golfer, and others we've been fed info from. I think this is a very similar situation to UConn being all but locked up with ACC but the ink just couldn't hit the paper quick enough. Suddenly, a world of options have opened up for big12 presidents and Yormark with new pressures so all bets are off. It will be interesting to see how things play out with this chaotic musical chairs FOMO. I can only imagine the barrage calls the networks are getting from leagues to mull over scenarios.

Last edited:

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I
This is the beginning of the end for CFB. The B1G goes to 20 so the SEC needs to keep up. They have 16 so they need 4 more. They go to the ACC and take their prize desire of UVA, UNC, and then maybe Clemson and FSU but not sure they really care because they already have a school in each of those states. Now the ACC backfills with UConn and.....umm..... The PAC is gone, Oregon St and Wazu go to the MWC and the Big 12 just fights for survival. Maybe the SEC takes UVA and UNC from the ACC and two from the Big 12? Who knows.

All I know is that this will kill one conference entirely and gut the ACC.

Oh and CR #1 occurs and UConn is still on the outside looking in.....

This is the beginning of the right sizing CFB and the end of the NCAA.

Five conference shrunk down to four conferences with 20 teams each.

80 schools.

Each of the four remaining conferences has two divisions of ten teams each. Divisions makes it easy to divide up geographically for non-revenue sports. One big conference championship follows and then on to nationals.

Playoff formats needing 4, 8, 12.......any multiple of four, is easy to do.

B1G, SEC, Big 12 and ACC will be left. UConn will have a seat in either Big 12 or ACC.

Just need a few years to get all the pieces moving.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I’m on vacation and I am spending most of my time sitting on the deck refreshing the board. Fortunately, my wife has been busy planting flowers and stuff. I just make sure she’s got something to drink and a meal now and then and she’s content to beautify the yard until late afternoon. Occasionally, I have to carry/lift/fix something, but nothing that keeps me away from the Yard for more than 10 minutes.
I’d laugh at this except I did this on my recent vacation.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom