Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 537 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
Would you feel bad for them if they took our spot? They were a G5 school not long ago in the MWC.
And they have not yet truly excelled in any sport at the highest levels. Yes, I know FB is on the rise but they've done that in a weak PAC. Take away their FB results over the last few years and their entire AD for the past 25 years, past 50 years has been meh.

Reaction Score
The obvious has happened. Colorado jumped to the Big 12. Media is ignoring or trashing us. Nothing's changed yet everyone is strapping on their defibrillators. We're still in this and of course there's no guarantees, but our leadership is better and we're in a much better position to succeed this time around.
The bright side is that 95% of the "media" has no credibility and or true sources and 98% of all twitter and message board posters are ignorant and or trollers.

Reaction Score
Big 12 may find St John’s more desirable than UConn. With billionaire backing St John’s and the hiring off Pitino St John’s is on the rise and is NYC’s team. Why wouldn’t they add Gonzaga and St Js? No drama with Football.
Because of this:

1200x0.jpg

Reaction Score
What's the growth story on St. John's University? How old is Pitino? IMHO- Small private colleges are not a good fit for growing a conference.

Reaction Score
I prefer to listen to Brett Yormark, rather than Berry Tramel.

"I've never apologized, nor will I ever apologize for being proactive. We must be bold. We must be aggressive and thoughtful. We have to market like we never have before. We're the challenger brand to the Big Ten and the SEC. Anything we do has to be additive. If we aren't expanding, I want to give people a reason why we wouldn't be. We also aren't just a football conference. On the basketball front, we've got to bring the product to all the right places, and New York is the place for it. I want us to have a big moment in New York. Everybody will have an opinion of us, but I'm very bullish on who we are and where we're going. We've got to strive to be the best version of ourselves and continue to find ways to increase our reach."

Reaction Score
Berry Tramel still banging his UConn animus drum…

Assisted access <<

Near the end of the article he actually talks some sense:

"Some of the 2016 UConn allure remains.

"It’s always good to get a state’s flagship university. The more “University ofs”, the better. The Big 12 has lost OU, Texas, Missouri and Nebraska. But it added West Virginia and is getting back Colorado. If the Big 12 adds an Arizona or Utah (or, pray tell, Oregon or Washington), that flagship pedigree would get even stronger. Connecticut would add to that.

"Also, academically, Connecticut is quite strong, which doesn’t mean much but is a nice bonus. UConn is rated 67th nationally by U.S. News & World Report, one spot behind Texas A&M and one spot above Massachusetts.

"Connecticut’s population, 3.6 million, makes it the biggest state in the Union without a Power Five school. It’s still New England, a college football wasteland, but that’s a lot of people.

"Connecticut’s media market is a plus. Its long-time affiliation with ESPN wouldn’t hurt."

Reaction Score
Near the end of the article he actually talks some sense:

"Some of the 2016 UConn allure remains.

"It’s always good to get a state’s flagship university. The more “University ofs”, the better. The Big 12 has lost OU, Texas, Missouri and Nebraska. But it added West Virginia and is getting back Colorado. If the Big 12 adds an Arizona or Utah (or, pray tell, Oregon or Washington), that flagship pedigree would get even stronger. Connecticut would add to that.

"Also, academically, Connecticut is quite strong, which doesn’t mean much but is a nice bonus. UConn is rated 67th nationally by U.S. News & World Report, one spot behind Texas A&M and one spot above Massachusetts.

"Connecticut’s population, 3.6 million, makes it the biggest state in the Union without a Power Five school. It’s still New England, a college football wasteland, but that’s a lot of people.

"Connecticut’s media market is a plus. Its long-time affiliation with ESPN wouldn’t hurt."

It's the old who needs another Kansas argument, when Kansas is the best thing going for the B12, and frankly we are better than Kansas. We do Kansas better than Kansas.

Reaction Score
Tremel is ridiculous. New England is a college football wasteland…who created thst?

Conference realignment destroyed northeast football. BC has floundered, as has Syracuse. That is not UConn’s fault. If uconn is in acc or big 12 they aren’t as bad as they were last 10 years. G5 football is a wasteland for New England because fans know good football, they will go watch FCS, and the local little ivies which play decent football.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Big 12 may find St John’s more desirable than UConn. With billionaire backing St John’s and the hiring off Pitino St John’s is on the rise and is NYC’s team. Why wouldn’t they add Gonzaga and St Js? No drama with Football.
Whatever meds they have you on,....

They aren't working.....

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Somewhat positive with an extremely negative headline. Who besides us is going to read the article. Most will just see the headline on X.
1. Agree. But his cons were also garbage and could easily be debunked.

2. Can we all agree to to still call it Twitter? X is stupid and hope the name does not catch on

Reaction Score
Tremel is ridiculous. New England is a college football wasteland…who created thst?

Conference realignment destroyed northeast football. BC has floundered, as has Syracuse. That is not UConn’s fault. If uconn is in acc or big 12 they aren’t as bad as they were last 10 years. G5 football is a wasteland for New England because fans know good football, they will go watch FCS, and the local little ivies which play decent football.
He just keeps recycling his old tired arguments…
Tramel has his own agenda… I’ve mentioned it before but he’s is not a UConn Football fan.

From 2019: Should UConn drop football?

“But perhaps Connecticut should just drop football. Yes, the Huskies have made a big investment in football. But that investment has not paid off. UConn athletics have a major debt. The Huskies averaged just 10,000 fans last season in East Hartford’s Rentschler Field, some 30 miles from campus.

And the truth is, UConn basketball has suffered while the university chased football stability and success.

Is that a good model in the Northeast, which does not have college football fervor? Is that a good model when the future of all football is suspect, because of the concussion issue?

Rentschler Field is state-owned, built primarily for the Huskies. The Hartford Courant reported earlier this year on Rentschler Field’s economic troubles.

It’s not at all clear that UConn needs football or that East Hartford needs Rentschler Field…

…Football is not for everybody. It seems more and more likely it is not for Connecticut.”

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom