Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 536 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Bookies.com now has Arizona Utah and UConn as the favored schools. If I was a betting man, wouldn't put my money on Utah.
Best football program. Could make UConn and an easier sell than coming in with ASU which is at best, decent. Hard to know what Brett has to do to sell this. I’m just hoping it is UConn and one of the two. I still think Utah believes it can get an Utah State into the PAC if it stays.

Reaction Score
At least Utah is good at football. Arizona State is mediocre at everything. Just my opinion.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Oregon, Washington then Utah.
Mine would have been Oregon and full stop but the conference is boxed in to get 16. At least the hype will be there for a Bobby Danny matchup until Danny shows playing success doesn’t always translate to coaching.

Reaction Score
Best football program. Could make UConn and an easier sell than coming in with ASU which is at best, decent. Hard to know what Brett has to do to sell this. I’m just hoping it is UConn and one of the two. I still think Utah believes it can get an Utah State into the PAC if it stays.
they might be right the way things are going

Reaction Score
Unfortunately Arizona State
If the B12 has a choice, it would be ideal to add 3 other new states in addition to Colorado. UCONN, Arizona, and Oregon would be great. Unfortunately, I think Arizona won't move without Arizona St. Arizona has 7.4M population, so 2 schools would be ok from the same state. UTAH is a smaller state than CT, and it makes no sense to add UTAH when you already got BYU.

It be nice to get Oregon and Washington but I don't believe those two schools want to be in the B12 at all. There is no chance both will sign a long-term GOR with the B12 if they think B1G option is available.

Let's hope it will be Arizona, UCONN, and Arizona State.

Reaction Score
Bookies.com now has Arizona Utah and UConn as the favored schools. If I was a betting man, wouldn't put my money on Utah.
Utah is one of the few schools I'd feel bad for if theyre left out. They've done everything right

Reaction Score
I think you misinterpreted what I meant...
Can you wait till Friday before you freak out?
The obvious has happened. Colorado jumped to the Big 12. Media is ignoring or trashing us. Nothing's changed yet everyone is strapping on their defibrillators. We're still in this and of course there's no guarantees, but our leadership is better and we're in a much better position to succeed this time around.

Reaction Score
Would you feel bad for them if they took our spot? They were a G5 school not long ago in the MWC.
Utah made it into the PAC-12 because their Sen. Orrin Hatch was threatening investigations and anti-trust action. He’s gone, and I’m not sure they are that desirable in a state where 2nd place to BYU is a huge gap.

Reaction Score
Utah made it into the PAC-12 because their Sen. Orrin Hatch was threatening investigations and anti-trust action. He’s gone, and I’m not sure they are that desirable in a state where 2nd place to BYU is a huge gap.
They are not. BYU is the far bigger brand, and it is more than enough to carry that state.

UConn is much better brand than Utah. People tend to think how well a team does on the football field is all that matters, but it is far more than that when it comes to TV contracts and media markets. Utah, being in a smaller state than CT, and with BYU as the big school in-state, is just not as valuable as UConn who is the only big school in the state of CT.

Reaction Score
Oregon, Washington then Utah.
Oregon and Washington make zero sense. They'll leave in a heartbeat. They're going to be Big 10 teams, Yormark has done the best thing possible in terms of taking a bad situation and making it good. They're the #3 conference, no point in being a placeholder for a couple years, makes you look desperate and not knowing who you are.

Reaction Score
Utah is one of the few schools I'd feel bad for if theyre left out. They've done everything right
Yes they have and they've risen to the occasion in football and their basketball is better than most people probably realize but it's tough to feel badly for anyone when UConn who racks up national tiles all the time has been sitting here all this time. It's insane UConn has been sidelined in all of this, it's insane people wonder where Duke's place is, will Utah have a home? It's all unseemly, greed ruins everything and often times makes people think irrationally

GG

Reaction Score
At least Utah is good at football. Arizona State is mediocre at everything. Just my opinion.
Is it because the Big 12 already has BYU so there is no need for Utah?

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Is it because the Big 12 already has BYU so there is no need for Utah?
My understanding is Utah admin loves the academic component of the PAC on top of being incredibly grateful (to the point of almost indebted) to the league for pulling it up to the P5 from the MWC

Reaction Score
Fast forward 12 years or so, the acc disbands and schools are scrambling to join the Big 12. How sweet will it be at that time when we block BC from joining!
I don’t think we’d even need to stoop to their level, they’re already blocking themselves. I don’t see them ever getting reinvited into a power conference again. That would be the sweet revenge all in itself

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom