Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 481 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
I understand what you’re saying but, at this point, and with the amount of discussion out there, the Big 12 would not look good if they left UConn standing at the altar. And, my daughter is an alumni of Colorado and I lived out there for 10 years - culturally they do not identify with the west coast.
I also think the Big 12 looks bad if they don't expand. I think there is a chance that they add UConn even if no PAC schools join.

Reaction Score

AD Dave and Mora need to get one on one interviews with Dodd. Invite him to campus, tour the facilities. Ask him to explain the travel issue objection and correct his view if this is related to the Fiesta bowl. How I would love for us to get by NCST, I am not sure it’s a possibility, but 16 point dogs have done it before especially early in the season.

Reaction Score
AD Dave and Mora need to get one on one interviews with Dodd. Invite him to campus, tour the facilities. Ask him to explain the travel issue objection and correct his view if this is related to the Fiesta bowl. How I would love for us to get by NCST, I am not sure it’s a possibility, but 16 point dogs have done it before especially early in the season.
You can't do this and alienate the Big East. They just need to work behind the scenes to convince the Big12 presidents why this will work and alleviate any concerns they have.

Reaction Score
You can't do this and alienate the Big East. They just need to work behind the scenes to convince the Big12 presidents why this will work and alleviate any concerns they have.

We should be able to address the football related questions, we are Indy. But I agree it has to be handled delicately.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Everyone knows this would be an all sports move. Hopefully President Maric has extensive talk with the Big 12 school presidents.
Yeah, I kind of hope not, actually. This isn't her thing.

Reaction Score
Thanks to Dez Connor and his piece in The Courant that was taken up by the national media. Didn't travel well was BS.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
The MW pays their schools 6.6M annually? That’s…. A lot more than I would have thought
It’s now easily the 5th best football conference. Some decent programs.

Reaction Score
The ONLY reason for a PAC school to go to the B12 now is that they think this is their one window, and the B12 wouldn’t take them later.
The B12 has no interest in OreSt and WashSt now or later, but would take any of the others at any time.

Reaction Score
The ONLY reason for a PAC school to go to the B12 now is that they think this is their one window, and the B12 wouldn’t take them later.
The B12 has no interest in OreSt and WashSt now or later, but would take any of the others at any time.
Big 12 would not take Cal or Stanford. They are not the right fit at all. Big 12 is modeling the SEC in regards to schools that are the right fit. Everyone rowing the boat in the same direction.

Reaction Score
Big 12 would not take Cal or Stanford. They are not the right fit at all. Big 12 is modeling the SEC in regards to schools that are the right fit. Everyone rowing the boat in the same direction.
Yormark has certainly made comments that reflect this publicly recently. Part of the reason SDSU may have shot themselves in the deek with their public clamoring of the PAC. UConn on the other hand has been quiet despite it getting leaked that BY visited the campus. UConn will bring value to the BB side immediately and to the FB side in short time.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Not true. Money is a reason. PAC isn’t going to get a comparable contract. PAC will want a GOR to get what contract it can. There may not be a later. Meanwhile, I think Colorado correctly believes that reviving the football program will be easier in the B12.

The PAC is screwed because there is no GOR and Washington and Oregon likely don’t want to sign one. Without one, with the risk of losing the top schools to B1G and Big 12, no media company is going to give them a substantial payout.

Banta55

Hoops since 86"
Reaction Score
My current thoughts on UConn getting into the Big 12:
With Colorado 100%

Without Colorado as a stand alone: 50% unless ESPN and Fox agree to pro rata for UConn.
Haven't heard much on Colorado lately

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Yormark has certainly made comments that reflect this publicly recently. Part of the reason SDSU may have shot themselves in the deek with their public clamoring of the PAC. UConn on the other hand has been quiet despite it getting leaked that BY visited the campus. UConn will bring value to the BB side immediately and to the FB side in short time.
And immediate value in women's basketball and baseball. That's not a deciding factor, but it's not nothing either.

Reaction Score
The MW pays their schools 6.6M annually? That’s…. A lot more than I would have thought
I don’t believe that number represents the league as the MW schools not named SDSU and Boise took a haircut to keep those two out of the AAC . My feeling was Boise was playing Aresco to pressure the MW and really was lukewarm but SDSU was never thrilled with the MW. Culturally they are an odd
fit. Their current media deal was for $4,000,000 per school if split evenly . The other schools could be making a little over $3,000,000 each to get those two to $6,500,000 range .

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
The fact that cbs sports is positively linking UConn to the Big 12 tells me it’s a done deal and details / due diligence being worked out. Their preference would be to name this round of additions in one announcement.
I feel they consider UConn and Colorado as in and are waiting to see if they can pull in Arizona and (either Az St, UNLV, or Utah). If they take in 2, great! Those 4 would be outstanding for the conference. The potential is HUGE.
The idea of adding NYC, Denver, Phoenix, and Las Vegas is branding/marketing genius.
Care to explain why you believe CBS sports indicating this development supports a confirmation.

Reaction Score
There may not be a later.
Washington, oregon, Colorado, and Cal will always find a landing spot.
Stanford, Utah, Ariz/ASU are highly likely to as well.
All of them can wait until the PAC figures out what it’s doing.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom