Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 465 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
Recruit: Hey coach I would like to come to UConn, but hearing that you might be going to the big 12 any truth to that rumor?
Coach Mora: I'm hearing the same rumors, but if it was to happen it would be really great for this football program.

This is the feeling I am getting about the conversation dealing with CR and what Coach might have said.

Reaction Score
Recruit: Hey coach I would like to come to UConn, but hearing that you might be going to the big 12 any truth to that rumor?
Coach Mora: I'm hearing the same rumors, but if it was to happen it would be really great for this football program.

This is the feeling I am getting about the conversation dealing with CR and what Coach might have said.
Yeah, in and of itself I don't think the Cole Welliver recruitment can give us such confidence a Big 12 invite is coming. In fact, if I had to lean one way or the other, I would lean to a Big 12 invite not coming. But we will find out soon and I hope I am wrong.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Reminder: Colorado board meeting today - could move to Big 12 be announced by Noon eastern? Or will it not even be discussed?

Agenda Item Details
Meeting
Jun 19, 2023 - Special Board Meeting
Category
9:45 a.m. EXECUTIVE SESSION
Subject
Executive Session
Type
ACTION
Recommended Action
RESOLVED that the Board of Regents go into executive session. As permitted by section 24-6-402 (3), Colorado Revised Statutes, the board will discuss the following matter as announced and pursuant to the subsection as listed below:
- (a)(II), Legal advice on a specific matter - athletics matter at CU Boulder (track and field)

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Reminder: Colorado board meeting today - could move to Big 12 be announced by Noon eastern? Or will it not even be discussed?

Agenda Item Details
Meeting
Category
Subject
Executive Session
Type
ACTION
Recommended Action
RESOLVED that the Board of Regents go into executive session. As permitted by section 24-6-402 (3), Colorado Revised Statutes, the board will discuss the following matter as announced and pursuant to the subsection as listed below:
- (a)(II), Legal advice on a specific matter - athletics matter at CU Boulder (track and field)

So, only track and field is moving to Big12??? I kid.

Reaction Score

if my time zone knowledge is accurate, this meeting would start at 11:45 ET.

Reaction Score

Agenda Item Details
Meeting
Category
Subject
Executive Session
Type
ACTION
Recommended Action
I think the Colorado bylaws require a 24 hour notice of agenda items for their executive meetings/voting items.

Reaction Score

->In the run-up to a Pac-12 media rights agreement and the grant of rights, uneven distribution of revenue among conference schools has been a point of discussion. Will power players such as Oregon and Washington eventually receive a larger slice of the revenue pie than Oregon State?

OSU athletic director Scott Barnes is unconcerned. He believes the “baseline revenue,” meaning television money, will be split evenly among the existing 10 Pac-12 members. Where uneven revenue sharing comes into play has to do with postseason bonuses.

Barnes said at this point, Pac-12 schools that participate in the College Football Playoff receiving a greater share of postseason revenue than others is a hypothetical concept, though it is being seriously discussed.

It’s substantial money, as a recent report said CFP payouts could hit $2 billion per year by 2027. If a competing school makes a playoff run and is allowed to keep up to half of the payout, it could be an eight-figure windfall.

“My feeling on that is that I’m good with it,” Barnes said. “I think that’s a next step and where we sit, we’re in a position, frankly, with our football program. As you think about the percentage split, it’s got to be balanced, but I think there’s traction and I would support going down the path of incentivized distribution of things like CFP.” <-

Reaction Score
Interesting that leaders from two of the least valuable PAC schools (WSU and OSU) are the only ones that have been talking to the media. Nary a peep from Washington Oregon Cal and Stanford

Reaction Score

IMG_3531.jpeg

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Seriously, if the offer is say $10M less a yr, that might not be enough for Arizona or Arizona St to go due to academic alliances and programs the Pac 12 have.

Additionally, Colorado is a relative newbie and doesn't have the same depth of time and investment in the Pac 12 as the other schools.

Reaction Score
This whole situation is brinksmanship between the PAC10 and Big12. The Big12 has the PAC in a sweat box with the clock ticking. We are sitting on the back burner as a plug-in piece. We probably get screwed if the 4 corner schools all go. My assessment:

All 4 Corners In - UConn out unless they go to six (UConn Gonzaga)
3 of 4 Corners (No ASU - state has said they aren’t moving) - UConn fills spot 4

Colorado Only - UConn in as number 2 slot

All 4 Corners Stay - UConn slot 1 and SDSU maybe slot 2 or Memphis

I’d say we are at 80% probability of a formal invite, because I can’t see the PAC getting so squeezed the conf implodes. I think $30M +|- 2M per school is the magic number the keeps the conference from imploding.

Reaction Score
Someone on the TCU fansite posted that the PAC 12 is going to hold together due to the large amount of research money that gets passed around in the PAC12. Supposedly that money is far greater than the football money. I have no idea if that is true, but I sure hope it is true.

According to this article from the University of Utah, the school reached $686 million in research dollars in the fiscal year 2022 and continues to see growth in that arena due to its connection to the Pac-12 and the other AAU schools associated with the conference.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom